Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video Downloading Help!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmfluteplayer23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Video Downloading Help!!!! Reply with quote

Okay, I am having trouble using the new program. I have downloaded Bit Tornado from their website.When I download a video(I have tried double clicking and right clicking and chosing save target as", the little box comes up to start downloading but then at the bottom in red it says,"ERROR, Bad Data from Tracker." Also, on the contest winners videos, I try both ways of downloading, but when I go to open the files, it says,"Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you download this file, try downloading the file again." I have never had any problems before now. Please help me!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to torrents you shouldn't have to right click.

Try just clicking once (what kind of machine do you have?) - it should automatically open the "open file with" or "save file as" option. Open it with bittorrent (tornado) when it asks you.

The torrent should start to download and you should be prompted to save the file in a folder. Once you choose your location and hit save, you should be in business.

I'm not sure though, I'm just kind of stabbing in the dark here. I'm no expert, but it sounded to me like you were saving the torrent and then trying to open it as a video file or something - or that you never actually downloaded the video?

I could be wrong, but try what I said - maybe it will work.
wmfluteplayer23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it still doesn't work. I clicked the torrent file once. Then the download box came up and I chose Open. Then I saved the file and the Torrent download box came up but after about 2 seconds, in said in red at the bottom. ERROR, Bad Data from Tracker. I can't figure it out and I'm normally really good with computers.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a DSL/Cable router you should port-forward ports 6881-6889 to the IP address of the machine you want to use BitTorrent on.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
If you have a DSL/Cable router you should port-forward ports 6881-6889 to the IP address of the machine you want to use BitTorrent on.

Big E, you may want to translate that into english for those of us that don't speak comuputer...lol. In other words can you tell people how to do that to better BT downloading (I'm asking because even I'm having trouble with some of the torrents).

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that again, and while it makes perfect sence to me, some people's response might be 'WTF?'.

If you just have a cable/dsl MODEM pluged into your computer you are probably suck with whatever torrent speeds you have. If your ISP(ahem, internet service provider) limits BT traffic they are bastards but you can't do anthing about it.

On the other hand if you have a cable/dsl ROUTER you may need to configure it to forward all traffic on ports 6881-6889 to the computer you want to use BT on.

I think that's as clear as I can make it.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL when I read this, I'm reminded of someone: "My brain is the size of a planet, and I have to go and close the door. My what a good use of my skills this is..."

"Am i getting you down?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wmfluteplayer23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"On the other hand if you have a cable/dsl ROUTER you may need to configure it to forward all traffic on ports 6881-6889 to the computer you want to use BT on."

I have a satilite direcway connection with a cable connecting all my families computers together. How do I configure it to forward all traffic on ports 6881-6889 to my computer?
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the process may differ slightly for different rounters but try this:
Log into your router's web interface. If it uses the default IP you can do this by typing '192.168.0.1' into your browser. Once you log in, look for 'port forwarding' somewhere. Then forward ports 6881-6889 to the IP address of your computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: