Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

David Fury quits LOST

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: David Fury quits LOST Reply with quote

Got this from Buffy.nu ....

David Fury, a key writer and co-executive producer of ABC’s hit series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that he is quitting the show immediately to work on two other series, The Inside and 24, and maybe develop a show on his own. ABC, meanwhile, ordered up a second season of the hit show.

"I’m very proud of Lost and my contribution to the show, but for numerous personal reasons, I feel like it’s time for me to move on to other things," said Fury, best known for being a writer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. "I spent seven years of my career in one place [working on Buffy and its spinoff series, Angel], and it’s a lot of fun to work in different worlds. Lost was a lot of fun, and I have a great deal of gratitude for [series co-creators] J.J. [Abrams] and Damon [Lindelof]. I know the show will continue to be great, and I look forward to viewing it."

Fury wrote four scripts for Lost, including the fourth episode, "Walkabout," which centered on Terry O’Quinn’s character, Locke, and contained a whopper plot twist. "I think my favorite will always be ’Walkabout,’" Fury said in an interview. "It helped set the tone for what the show could be outside of the pilot. It was also served so well by the performance of Terry O’Quinn and some great production values and direction."

Fury will reunite with his former Whedonverse colleagues at The Inside, a Fox drama co-created by Tim Minear (Angel, Wonderfalls) and Howard Gordon (Angel, 24). "I’ll be starting this Monday [April 11]," Fury said. "I’m very excited about it. Tim and I have been anxious to work on something together, and this was a nice opportunity. I had wanted at the very least to write a script for him, but there was a lot of backstage goings on with Tim and Howard, and they made it happen for Fox to bring me over. I’ll be a full-time co-executive producer for the remaining six episodes left in [The Inside’s] 13-episode order. Then, as soon as I’m done with that, I’ll be going over to 24. I’ve been playing in the genre world for so long now, it will be interesting to go over there."

As for the long-term future, Fury revealed that he may head back to Abrams’ camp again someday. "I’ve been talking with Bad Robot, J.J.’s company, about possibly developing a show. I would love to develop with J.J., and he would love to develop with me, so we are going to try and make that happen." Lost airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The Inside is slated to premiere in the fall.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fury... No!

Come back!

He's so wonderful, and I'm glad to hear he's gonna be working with Tim Minear again. (Wonderfalls rocked.) But dude, this sorta sucks.

Side Note: How would one pronounce Minear? MI-NEAR (as in the word near) or MIN-E-AR? A friend and I have had this debate raging for some time.
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's MI NEAR (as in near). That's what they say on the commentaries and the interviews on the DVD's.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never into Buffy, but I know this guy wrote some of the best scripts to date. When i read this last night it made me sad.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchiritos Fury review:

Walkabout - obviously the best Lost ever. 10/10
Solitary - got the polt moving with intro to jungle lady and 'the others' 8/10
Special - Introduced Walts 'powers' 8/10
Numbers - pretty lame. The numbers have no real significance yet. 5/10
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moving this to The Show forum.

oh, and another good lost writer is Carlton Cuse. He did Hearts and Minds and Deux Ex Machina.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAAAAHHHHHHH Not Fury!!!! he was the only one who talked to people on the fuselage!!!!!!!

WHY!!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME!!!!! WHAT DID HE DO!!!!??

Wander into the wilderness....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this on a forum thingy from theslayerverse.net ...

I have read some interviews with some of the cast members. I think there are some problems behind the scenes, nothing personal, but problems in production. Some of the actors are complaining that there is too much of a gap in telling their individual characters stories.

I wonder if this is true... Hmm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: