Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LC's absence and return

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: LC's absence and return Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you noticed my absence from the message board and the site but I've been very busy the last few months. Warren has been graciously holding down the fort along with all the other incredible council members. So I just want to thank them for the hard work they've put in during my absence.

I'm taking a 19 credit hour semester this term but that's not what has kept me away from the site. I had finals at the beginning of December then right after that I had planned to return full time to the site then an incredible opportunity came along from me. I was asked to produce and direct a documentary for a record making basketball game. It was an incredible opportunity for me and thankfully I knew turning my attention away from LVI would not hurt the site since the site has such an incredible team of council members. I'm also very lucky that they understood how much of an opportunity it was for me.

The game is actually this weekend so I'll be busy. It's a 58 hour marathon basketball game (it's not like I have a 9:30 class that very next morning after having no sleep all weekend ...oh well small price to pay) between volunteer students from Carolina (UNC-Chapel Hill) and Duke that will make it into the record books as long as it lasts over 32 hours. This was an incredible opportunity for me and I've been busy working on that the last month. The footage that is shot will not only be turned into a documentary (that could possible get some distribution) but they've (Spalding the financial contributor to the project) asked us to provide the footage to use in the national newswire story (so if you see footage about this event then let me know because I'd be interested to see how many news organizations pick it up to air...look for it Monday night or Tuesday depending on how quickly we get the final bits of footage to Spalding to get on the wire) they plan on putting out Monday night. We've also learned that ESPN and 60 Minutes could be there as well which would be really cool to be doing a documentary on a story they are covering. For anyone interested in the event you can check out the website: http://www.basketballmarathon.com/

So while I'm not back in full capacity yet I hope that LVI will again have my full attention by next week. Once the actually event is out of the way I can settle back into a routine which will involve LVI getting much more attention from me then it has been getting. Again thank you to the council for keeping LVI running so smoothly in my absence and to all of you for helping keep LVI one of the best video sites around!!!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC, you're my hero. Congrats and good LUCK on the doc AND your hellish semester! 19 credits? Sheesh!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a hero
Welcome back LC!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: