Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lu_lu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Help x Reply with quote

I am producing a sad movie of all thesad bits of lost but i cant decide what music 2 use please help xxxx
pomegranny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hope There's Someone" by Antony and the Johnsons is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard...it might be hard to make into a video, though.
Zombie Kitty
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad World by Gary Jules is a really sad song imo. I actually did a Red Dwarf vid to the song - Turned out to be one of the best made ones i've done.

Erm Cannonball by Damien Rice, but that's more for a sad shipper vid.

Can't think of any other real sad ones at the minute...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you do, make sure there's something more to it than just a "sad video":, put in a story to it! many of those songs have excellent setups for a story. Especially Mad World or Cannonball.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lu_lu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
whatever you do, make sure there's something more to it than just a "sad video":, put in a story to it! many of those songs have excellent setups for a story. Especially Mad World or Cannonball.

I know this may sound really stupid, (but not been having a good day) anyway what do you mean by putting a story init
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, rather than just make the song about the "sad moments of lost", you could make a sad video about a certain series of events in order, like making the video from Jack's point of view on all the bad things that happen on the island as you go through the video. Usually the song's lyrics tell a story already, and all you have to do is interpret them, then see if that story fits to lost. Sorry, it sounds kinda complicated, but if you can figure it out I'll bet it'll really improve your vidding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: