Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Vegas support Reply with quote

So back in April I downloaded a trial of Sony Vegas Platinum 14 suite, it would always crash and say "Has stopped working."

This last saturday I decided to buy it because I thought it was just an isue with the free trial download.

The downloads wont properly download, and I finally got Vegas to where it's downloaded, and it's still telling me "Has stopped working".

I cannot get a hold of Vegas and I was directed to Magix, which I guess sells Vegas products now, and I can't get a hold of ANYONE, I phoned Magix and apparently you have to pay for their technical support.

I paid a lot of money and I can't get this stupid thing to work and I'm so stressed out that I can't get a hold of anyone, the site is a joke and keeps giving me the run around.

Can anyone here help me figure out what is wrong?

I'm so stressed I'm probably not typing coherently, I'm sorry.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sounds like a headache.

Yeah, Sony sold Vegas to Magix, so they are making/selling it now.

I took a look around the site. There aren't a lot of options on contact. Usually there is something online, where you can like e-mail somebody.

Have you tried this online support thing at the bottom of this page?
http://www.magix.com/us/support/technical-support/

That doesn't make sense that they would charge you for tech support.

It sounds like it could be a download issue still. Did you download from Magix? Or someplace else? If you didn't download from them, maybe contact the support of who you downloaded from.

Now I sometimes get the "has stopped working" message, but when I get it, it is related to my computer memory. Sometimes if it doesn't think it has enough memory or space to run on, you get that message.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magix is AWFUL. I cannot get a hold of anyone. Their technical support is a paid for service, they wont answer emails, and their technical support site doesn't help with anything at all.

I am NEVER going to buy Vegas again.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what happens, you have a good product and a new maker gets ahold of it and ruins it.

I get promo emails from Magix, so I checked the last one to see if it gave any other contact info. I had a button at the bottom that said contact, but I couldn't get anything to come up. I think that was more stubbornness from my laptop than on their end.

I'll try it again and if it leads anywhere besides back to the labyrinth that appears to be their website, I'll pass that link on to you.

I don't know that this will help at all, but their mailing address is:
1105 Terminal Way #202
Reno, NV,

Is this the phone number you tried : 1-305-722-5810
That was the one in the e-mail.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not stubbornness from your Laptop, that is from their end. This is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of buying anything from.

They are an awful company who doesn't want to help, the end.

So that phone number, A complete joke. You call it, and it is either busy are FINALLY an automated message makes you complete a series of pushing numbers to get to where you need to be, but oh wait...all of their employees are currently on the line helping other customers, so call back later. But wait, if you have need technical support it's a separate number and you have to pay, but they never give it to you. But you can go to their website, which is just as butt backwards as their phone number.

NEVER buying a product from them again.

Nothing downloaded and when Vegas finally DID download I got that "It stopped stopped working." Message that I could never fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: