Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Opus 40" by cappy (Swiss Army Man)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: "Opus 40" by cappy (Swiss Army Man) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Opus 40" 11-19-2016
Tribute to Swiss Army Man, the ugly beautiful crazy story of a suicidal stranded man who is rescued by a magical talking corpse.
Fandom: Swiss Army Man
Song: Opus 40 by Mercury Rev
Vidder: cappy
Length: 2.58 (96.0MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uChvQeQMJCk
https://vimeo.com/192286048

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Opus 40 by cappy Reply with quote

I kind of had an idea about this movie before watching this vid, but not much. THis made me reallly want to watch it; it looks weird, heart warming, and funny; just looks great. You're editing was great and the song choice, I felt like it fit hte theme of the video. Nicely done.
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! That was one of my main motives for making the vid, Brook. I think there are a lot of misconceptions about this movie and I wanted to show off how special it is. It's all those things you describe and more.

And as much as I love this Mercury Rev song, the actual movie soundtrack is another great reason for seeing the film (along with the directing, the script, the two lead performances, the visual aesthetic, etc)
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Opus 40 by cappy Reply with quote

First off, love your warning of "extreme weirdness" LOL. This was very unique. I really liked your vid and I think you did a great job of showing the funny and heartwarming sides of the movie. Great job!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Opus 40 by cappy Reply with quote

3852 wrote:
First off, love your warning of "extreme weirdness" LOL.

Hehe, yes...'Swiss Army Man' is not an especially violent or sexually explicit film (well, I left the most explicit shots - of Manny's erection compass- out of this video) but I still feel the need to warn people about how weird it is. Because anyone who I've shown the trailer to has been weirded out.

I'm really glad the heart is what came through for you though. That was my intention.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Opus 40 by cappy Reply with quote

Cool and unique vid!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Opus 40 by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks for watching, Uruviel!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: