Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Great Lost Challenge!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: The Great Lost Challenge! Reply with quote

The Great Lost Challenge is a prompt vid giving you a different prompt for each of 6 "Lost" days. (8-4-16, 8-8-16, 8-15-16, 8-16-16, 8-23-16, and 8-24-16). 6 years after Lost ended and 12 since the Pilot, those numbers remain ingrained in every Losties mind. You can make vids, fan art, or fan fics for the different prompts. I encourage everyone to participate in as many days as possible, but I have tried to design it so you can do just do the prompts that inspire you.

You'll find the video here on LVI: http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=10541
Or on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG5FIf2-s-I

Share your creations by linking back to this post, my Youtube video, and by submitting any videos inspired by the prompts to LVI.

Let's celebrate Lost Fandom and make this a memorable 8-15-16. I encourage you to pass this vid on to fellow Lost fans.

Click on the Spoiler Tab to get more detailed info on each of the prompts featured in the video. (It's up to you if you choose to use the date to submit the prompt or the date to begin work on the prompt.)

Spoiler:

The Prompts:
8-4-16
Untold Stories: Show the untold tale of a minor Lost character. Some ideas include Scott, Steve, Frogurt, and Vincent. Pretty much anyone who wasn't considered main cast in any of the seasons is fair game.
Not quite feeling the inspiration for a vid or fic? Make a fan-art collage dedicated to your favorite minor character.

8-8-16
Revamp a Lost Organization. Oceanic Airlines, Ajira Airlines, Hanso Foundation, Widmore Industries, Paik Heavy Industry, and the Dharma Iniative, to name a few, have gotten a bad reputation. So lets rescue their damaged reputations. Create a 30 second to 1:30 vid that serves as a faux- ad and promotes a new image for the company. Is Oceanic now safer?Is Widmore less shady? Has Dharma stopped putting unlucky souls in hatches to push a button?
Can't quite get the inspiration for an ad? Why not design a new logo?

8-15-16
Today's challenge is to make a memory. Make your 8-15-16 memorable. Could be something as simple as doing a vid with some cool new effect you've been wanting to try, to trying some new exotic food. This is really wide open to your interpretation. Post here and tell us what memorable thing you did today.

8-16-16
Tribute to Lost Vid. I will post a Tribute to Lost Tag style video in August. The link will be posted here when it become available and will be submitted to LVI.Answer the questions, add new questions, and share it here and with other Losties.

8-23-16
All about the numbers. Make a vid or fan art incorporating Lost's famous numbers. Perhaps show how the numbers recurred in a certain character's life. This is pretty open to interpretation, so just have fun celebrating Lost's famous numbers.

8-24-16
In the Lost Universe August 24 is Walt's Birthday.
Let's jump ahead several years from where Lost left us in 2007/2008. Give a glimpse at what happened to "The Next Generation", meaning Aaron Littleton, Ji Yeon Kwon, Charlie Hume, Clementine Phillips, and Julian Carlson (Juliet's nephew). Walt, Emma and Zack are also applicable. Focus on one character or all of them, but tell us what became of them. Were they also drawn to the island? Vids, Fanfics, and Fan art are all applicable.

If you have any questions you can post here or PM me.

Have fun!

Hope to see lots of cool Lost inspired creations.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Macaila!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great, Macaila!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

I thought this would be a really fun way to celebrate Lost and have some fun with the Lost Numbers.

Glad you all liked the idea.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the spoiler tabs is a short story I wrote for 8-4-16
It is called The Welcome Party.
It will eventually be part of my ongoing Lost saga fanfic I have been writing on forever.

This story is dedicated to Fishbiscuits42 (my mom) who inspired this story with her vision of how one of the characters in the story should return to the island.

Spoiler:

With a start he awoke, lifting his head from the comfy bed. He sprang out of bed, at
a dead run from the moment his feet hit the ground. As he passed through the kitchen of
the old Dharma house he paused to grab a quick drink of water before setting off once
more.
He raced from Otherville, hearing his friends calling his name, some
chasing after him. But he has no time to stop, he has to make it to the old beach camp.
Twigs crack beneath his feet, jungle foliage smacking him in the face and body, but
it does little to deter him or even slow him down.
He pauses briefly at the sonic fence, cocking his head side to side. He approaches
slowly. He doesn't hear that deafening tone, he doesn't feel its subtle vibration. So with
some trepidation, he burst through the invisible fence. On the other side he takes
mental stock, nothing feels injured, and so he sets about on the next leg of his journey.
Time is lost on him as he follows this incredible, magnetic impulse to return to the beach,
to the place where it all began so many years ago.
His heart races as his quick legs begin to grow tired. Pure adrenaline pushes him on.
-----------
Daylight is starting to fade as he knows he is growing close now. He pants heavily as he
bursts through the foliage and onto the beach. He slowly makes his way to the edge of the
ocean, letting his tired body drop down onto the sand. He lets the cool waves wash over him,
cooling him down.
He hears a light hum, barely audible, but growing louder with every moment. He lifts
his tired head to the sky. A smile forms on his face, he has returned at long last.
A sea plane comes into view just above the horizon. It begins to descend as it grows closer. A
ways out it touches down upon the water, bouncing a few times upon the waves before skiing
toward the shore.
He lifts from the sand, sitting attentively as he watches the plane come to a stop. The engine
is cut, the propeller winds down, and the pilot's door opens with a metallic squeak. The pilot's
thick boots clank against the steps as he climbs out of the plane.
The pilot stands in his brown aviator's jacket and khakis taking a moment to take in his
surroundings. Its more beautiful than he remembers.
He rises to his feet, wandering into the warm ocean. His tail wags vigorously from side to
side making an audible whooshing sound.
Walt beams as he sees his old dog Vincent has come to welcome him home. A modern
day Argos to his master Odysseus. Walt kneels at the edge of the waves, his face covered in
kisses from Vincent.
"I missed you too, Vincent." Walt laughs trying to find a break in Vincent's kisses.
"Told you I'd come back for you, boy." Walt says. Vincent nuzzles into Walt. He always
knew he'd see his boy once more.

The End

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: