Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Leftovers | Kevin Garvey | Haunted" by Percol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Percolate Films
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: "The Leftovers | Kevin Garvey | Haunted" by Percol Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Leftovers | Kevin Garvey | Haunted" 07-06-2016
Exploring Kevins journey in Season 2, Episode 7, A Most Powerful Adversary.
Fandom: The Leftovers
Song: Love // Where is My Mind // The Four Seasons by Mica Levi // Maxence Cyrin // Vivaldi
Vidder: Percolate Films
Length: 7:24 (293MB MOV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): https://vimeo.com/173652229
https://vimeo.com/173652229

Last edited by Percolate Films on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Percolate Films
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now also on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIniF52Nh7o. It may end up blocked on Youtube at some point, I disputed a copyright claim that got picked up by the system because of the opening 1 minute clip.

Also, I personally prefer it on Vimeo, because:
- The Vimeo version doesn't contain the 'opening titles' text that I added on Youtube, which I personally feel are an unnecessary and mildly distracting visual (I made them for the Youtube version, hoping that it would stop the opening clip from being claimed).
- No ads on Vimeo (again a result of a claim, on one of the songs).
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to LVI!

I thought you did a good job with the storytelling. The music fit really well. I really liked the overlays. I think those worked really well for showing his confused/chaotic mind.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Percolate Films
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! Sorry it took me a bit to respond. I was checking regularly for a bunch of days after I posted then thought nobody was gonna respond ha.

I am indeed new to posting, but my first experiences with LVI (unsurprisingly) go way back to the early-ish days of Lost So many wonderful, moving, funny, weird, videos I discovered here. I couldn't forget about this place! And finally years later the inspiration from watching many 'vids' has brought me to finally delve into editing myself.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am new as a video editor, but I've been composing and editing and listening to music for a long time, and in my limited experience so far that's where I find myself beginning when I start a video.

I've got a new vid that I just submitted and will hopefully be up on the site soon. A different feel to it I think. Would love to hear your feedback if you watch it, whether positive or critical.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get responses. I find that leaving responses on other vids sometimes helps to encourage others to comment on your vids. I know for me it usually takes me a bit of time to get around to watching vids.

That was similar to my experience with LVI. I started watching Lost vids here back in the early days and learned through a mixture of watching vids and helpful tips from members how to vid.

I'm glad the vids have inspired you to start editing. Music is a great place to start with a vid. My editing style has adapted and changed over the years. I used to base all my vids around lyrics, but I mainly do instrumental vids anymore.

I will watch for your vid. I am hoping to catch up with the newest vids this weekend.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Percolate Films
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it'll be up soon! I submitted it a couple days ago. Is it normal for it to sometimes take a while to actually post?

In case it doesn't post while you're in catch up mode, here's a link https://vimeo.com/175867816

It's interesting to think about just another way Lost influenced people and their creations. It's kind of mind boggling to me how many 'vids' were made around Lost.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does sometimes take a day or two to post. If you haven't seen it posted after a few days just PM one of the council members and make sure there weren't any problems with the link or submission. I've had a couple vids where the link was messed up or my vid pic had an issue and I had to send a replacement before they could post it. I haven't posted on Vimeo in awhile, but those did sometimes take a little longer to post.

I'll try to give that a watch.

I never knew fan vids existed until I found the Lost ones back in 2004-2005. It is amazing how many Lost vids there are. I think it shows how much fans loved the show. Lost has been a big influence for me when it comes to viding, writing, and art.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Percolate Films
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I know who's a council member? I'm not sure who to message about the video not showing up.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to see who is a council member is on the home page at the bottom it says "Enjoy your stay The LVI Council" You can click on "The LVI Council" to see who all is on the council.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: The Leftovers | Kevin Garvey | Haunted by Percolate Films Reply with quote

Lovely video! The overlays are very well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: