Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies" by Jemmz (F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: "Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies" by Jemmz (F Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies" 02-20-2016
Ensemble. VERY spoilery!
Fandom: Falling Skies
Song: Losing Your Memory by Ryan Starr
Vidder: Jemmz
Length: 4:35 (217MB wmv)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYk9evEBhTE&feature=youtu.be

Ninu
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies by Jemmz Reply with quote

Jemma, this video is so EPIC! I LOVE the atmosphere of it. It's nice to see a video about one fandom only, cause so far in TCVC we've got so many multifandoms.I love your editing here, it's so smooth <3 Amazing effect with that blond chick and those scenes behind her, just WOW! Nice use of snowy overlays too
Amazing job
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Nina! It's nice to hear I've done something a little different for the contest so yay!! I'm glad you liked it
Guzik90ab
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies by Jemmz Reply with quote

wow, I'm really impressed with this video! and I got a little teary ;( I used to watch this show so I know how much effort you put into searching the scenes and you picked them perfectly! I'm also amazed how many characters died there ;(
I see you put Nina's favourite overlay there - the snowy one. And it suits also really good to the general theme - winter. But even without the overlays the general atmosphere of this video is very wintery. Actually the first thought that comes to my mind when I think of FS is "winter". So you picked a great show and managed to show so many fantastic characters and relationships. Amazing!
btw. I'll never get over Jimmy's death, so seeing him in this video literally broke my heart
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thank you so much!! So glad you liked it! Yes that's exactly why I thought of this vid for the winter prompt, Falling Skies is suuuuuch a wintry show! I'm glad you agree! I don't use overlays that much so that was fun and challenging too

For some reason Jimmy's death always sticks with people, it was just so sudden and sad I wish we could have seen more of his journey.

Thanks so much again dear 💜 I do love chatting to other FS fans!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies by Jemmz Reply with quote

Just wanted to note that I'm holding back on watching your FS vids until we (hopefully) get caught up! <3
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Julia
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies by Jemmz Reply with quote

This was so gorgeous, Jemma!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Heather
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies by Jemmz Reply with quote

This was really beautiful. I loved the coloring and edits done here; such a great song choice too.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Brooke!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory || Falling Skies by Jemmz Reply with quote

Love this song. It was a great fit for this show. Your coloring was great. I really liked the VO at the beginning. 0:44 "the damage is done" perfect. Really liked the "losing your memory" parts. "Wake up it's time" loved that. "little girl wake up" at 3:22 was perfect. 3:36 the explosion was awesome with the way the music built. That was really epic and amazing. Fantastic vid, Jemma!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Macaila! Glad you enjoyed it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: