Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hallelujah" by cappy (The Hunger Games)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: "Hallelujah" by cappy (The Hunger Games) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Hallelujah" 01-11-2016
Our love is not a victory march.
Fandom: The Hunger Games
Song: Hallelujah by k.d. lang
Vidder: cappy
Length: 4.15 (15MB WMV)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGFN38VhZNc
https://vimeo.com/151407232

cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic vid, such a fitting song for them and a wonderful tribute to their relationship. Congratulations on your amazing work!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
Fantastic vid, such a fitting song for them and a wonderful tribute to their relationship. Congratulations on your amazing work!

Thanks (after all these years and so many fandoms!) for always being so supportive, Lune. And I've bought the new Vegas 13 now so - who knows? Maybe more vids from me to come. I find vidding very theraputic.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Hallelujah by cappy Reply with quote

That was great. This song was a great fit for them. I really liked your lyric use. 0:16 "it pleased the Lord", I liked that interpretation of the lyric. I really liked the part around 1:25. 2:10 "I've been here before" was great. 2:26 "Our love is not a victory march" that was one of my favorite parts. 2:33 I really liked how on that extended hallelujah you had the scene of Katniss screaming. That was perfect. 3:05 "maybe there's a God above" was perfect with the light shining down upon her. This was great. I really enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing more vids from you.
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hallelujah by cappy Reply with quote

3852 wrote:
This was great. I really enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing more vids from you.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I always think very long and hard about my lyrical interpretations so it is very satisfying when a viewer picks out the beats that they particularly liked.

And I just bought the newest Sony Vegas editing software so I'm sure I will vid again.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Hallelujah by cappy Reply with quote

Beautiful vid, cappy! This song works so well for The Hunger Games! I loved the use of "it's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah" for when Peeta comes back all bruised and broken and attacks Katniss. That lyric was perfect for that scene! Great job
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jemmz. The lyrics were my main motivation for this vid. Hallelujah has always been a favourite song of mine, but I think you only do the song justice if you get a truly tortured love story to vid it with.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Hallelujah by cappy Reply with quote

Lovely Hunger Games vid!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Hallelujah by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks for watching, Uruviel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: