Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Dust in the Wind" by Im1oftheOceanic6 (Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: "Dust in the Wind" by Im1oftheOceanic6 (Lost) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Dust in the Wind" 09-04-2015
August 2015 contest submission. Life passes by like dust in the wind. Were only here for a moment before that moment is gone.
Fandom: Lost
Song: Dust in the Wind by Erin Munoz
Vidder: Im1oftheOceanic6
Length: 3:18 (166MB WMV)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSrKA8YEmnk
Ninu
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Dust in the Wind by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

It's really great that you finished your vid, even though (as I've seen), you had some problems rendering etc. I'd probably give up, so thumbs up!
I really liked your lyric use for this video <3 my favourite moment is probably the one with Sun on the beach, but you used all the greatest moments from LOST, it's hard to choose one. I also liked the idea of kind of dusty colouring, it really fits the song and the whole idea for the vid. Great job, Macaila!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Dust in the Wind by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

It's always great to see a Lost video! I really liked your lyric use here, good job
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Nina! I was close to having to give up on the vid, but luckily I was able to free up the space my computer needed to render it. I liked that scene of Sun on the beach as well, one of my favorite Lost moments. I'm glad you liked the dusty coloring. I'm usually an effects minimalist, but I felt like this vid called for the coloring. There was also a blowing dust effect that was on the "dust in the wind" lyrics but YT auto-corrected my vid and removed most of it. That's why there are bits of the vid that come in and out of focus.

Thank you, Becca! I still love vidding Lost. I've wanted to do a Lost vid to this song for a number of years. I'm glad you liked the lyric use. I haven't done a lyric based vid since 2013, so this was a great way to test myself and see if I could still pull off a lyrical vid.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Ninu
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
Thank you, Nina! I was close to having to give up on the vid, but luckily I was able to free up the space my computer needed to render it. I liked that scene of Sun on the beach as well, one of my favorite Lost moments. I'm glad you liked the dusty coloring. I'm usually an effects minimalist, but I felt like this vid called for the coloring. There was also a blowing dust effect that was on the "dust in the wind" lyrics but YT auto-corrected my vid and removed most of it. That's why there are bits of the vid that come in and out of focus.

It's good that you didn't give up And personally I think a video always looks better with colors changed, even if they are changed only a bit (you know, a bit of color curves, color corrector etc), because original clips tend to be dark and sometimes they look like there's lack of contrast.
Oh my, really? I didn't realize that YT can do that I mean, sometimes I can see on my videos, that for example the quality is worse or something, but it never deleted any of the effects...

Anyway, looking forward to see more vids from you

namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Dust in the Wind by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

this was great! I loved the part @ 3:18 with Richard. This was a great use of lyrics also. Beautiful Work!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Dust in the Wind by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Wonderful lyric interpretation! I liked the message of this, I saw it as things in life, like people, are temporary, like "dust in the wind" I also liked how you interpreted that lyric with the Losties various visions appearing/disappearing. Great job Macaila!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's good that you didn't give up And personally I think a video always looks better with colors changed, even if they are changed only a bit (you know, a bit of color curves, color corrector etc), because original clips tend to be dark and sometimes they look like there's lack of contrast.
Oh my, really? I didn't realize that YT can do that I mean, sometimes I can see on my videos, that for example the quality is worse or something, but it never deleted any of the effects...

Anyway, looking forward to see more vids from you

I always try to at least apply HSL adjust to my clips to "pop" the colors a little bit because the clips tend to get washed out. But I don't do full color changes like this very often. I didn't know YT would completely remove the effect but I did know from past experience that they would try to "correct" what the deemed poor quality or unstable images. In the past though it had always asked if I wanted the corrections to be made.

I have a couple vids in the works, including one for the September contest.

Quote:
this was great! I loved the part @ 3:18 with Richard. This was a great use of lyrics also. Beautiful Work!

Thank you, Nikki! The part with Richard was one of my favorite moments in the vid. Glad you liked the lyric use.

Quote:
Wonderful lyric interpretation! I liked the message of this, I saw it as things in life, like people, are temporary, like "dust in the wind" I also liked how you interpreted that lyric with the Losties various visions appearing/disappearing. Great job Macaila!

Thanks Jemma! Yes, that was the message of the vid. I'm glad that did come across. I felt like the visions best exemplified that idea of "dust in the wind" and how the wind carries things away in the blink of an eye.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Dust in the Wind by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

That was really beautiful, Macaila! Really tugged on the ol' heartstrings but in such a lovely way!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Dust in the Wind by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

The sepia color was a nice touch because it did remind me of 'wind'. Like Jemma said, I too like how you interpreted the song with the Lost clips. Nice Lost vid.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Julia This was a very emotional vid to make. I'm glad to hear that the emotions come through with it.

Thanks Brooke! Glad you liked the coloring and that it reminded you of wind. I've wanted to do a Lost vid to this song for quite some time. This was the perfect contest to finally push me to do it.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: