Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Size matters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SawyersSecret
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Size matters? Reply with quote

heya,

I am new to the site but not really new to vidding. I have been doing it for about a year now but i have never put any of them online before, So thus i never really thought about problems to do with file size -_-

So what is the max size i should have? And is there a way if i go over the max to reduce the size?

(I am not to good at anything to do with size on computers, i don't even know how to reduce an image file size -_-; )
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol well lets start by what program you're using I'm going to guess it's Windows Movie Maker. Well, when you're saving the movie file, and it gets to the screen with "Best size for Playback for my computer", click the "more options" link, and a couple of options will open up. One of them lets you choose the exact file size you want the file to turn out as.
A good file size is kinda relative, but most people usually have it between 10 and 20 MB. It's never going to be perfect quality, but it'll be small enough to transfer easilly, and small enough so people will actually watch it. If you make it under 10MB, it makes for a very quick and easy download, which some poeople might really appreciate, so sometimes I make two files : high quality 20MB, and low-quality, fast, 10MB. Then you upload them to the sites listed in the LVI hosting guide, and voila!
Hope you decide to share some Lost vids with us
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SawyersSecret
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh thank you i did what you said and i got a 17MB i am happy with, i hope thats not to big

I just made one Lost one so far, so when i have made some more i am definately gonna share em.

Thanks for the help
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, glad I could help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: