Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

disputing claim on youtube
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
I don't dispute claims on my vids anymore. In my experience it never really works long term anyway, and it means an actual person checks through your vid and looks at your account (that's what my understanding of what it was anyway).

Who is the artist for the song you're using? Maybe I should using avoid them in the future.

That's a good person about an actual person looking through. It was a really old song..."Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers. It's from the 50s I think! I checked and they're not even listed as a WMG artist. UGH.

I guess my only option is to change the pitch like tjmack was saying? I really hate to lose my views and likes. Lost vids get so few views anymore...I need every one I get. :-/

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't dispute claims either. I had one a couple vids back that I know is a false claim because the music I used was specifically listed as royalty free and for public use. It got a claim for a song with a different title and artist. But I didn't get a strike and they just run ads on it, so I ignore it.

I don't know if you can do this on YT, but on Vimeo you used to be able to replace a video and I think it kept all your likes/views, comments etc.

You might check and see if YT has something similar to that. Then if you pitch shift your vid you can just replace the old version.

If nothing else, you can always do a screen shot of your vid page before you remove it so you'll at least have your comments that way.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea about replacing the vid, Macaila. I'm not sure if YT lets you do that (probably not) but there was an interesting development...it was "blocked worldwide," but now the audio is just muted. So I can possibly delete the audio and replace it with the pitch-shifted song? I will try and let you guys know!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that a lot of people when they put in a whole clip of a show or movie change the pitch of the voices which I find a tad annoying because you can tell they're higher.

Or they will rotate the image and make it left instead of right or right instead of left.

And the newest thing I've noticed is they just zoom in WAY too much and crop a lot of the scene.
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't seen those things, Brooke! I definitely don't want to change the VO's--tjmack showed me how to pitch shift and I was able to do it to just the music (not the VOs).

Problem is...looks like YT no longer allows you to "audio swap," meaning upload a new track to replace the copyrighted one. First, it won't even let me remove the song (I tried). But even if I had been able to, it only let me choose from the crappy free songs they offer, which would make no sense with my clips. UGH!

Looks like I will have to do a new upload with the pitch-shifted song and pray that it flies under the radar. This is such crap...as people have said, I"ve bought so much music after seeing it in vids on YT. Why can't recording companies realize it helps more than it hurts to expose their songs? And why target random fan vids with like 90 views? Not like I'm some mega YT star.

So annoying!! Honestly makes me not want to vid anymore...to put in all these hours and hours and then have the vid ruined/muted.

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure this is exactly the right thread to ask this question in but I think it somewhat pertains to the subject.

I did a short vidlet that is only 21 seconds long. The music it has on it is by Outkast. I mixed/looped the song a little to repeat a specific chorus part. My question is do you think that even at only 21 seconds long it would still get a copyright notice for the music on YT?

I'm not against changing the music because the video will work fine with a different song.

I'm looking forward to sharing this and another vidlet here soon.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: