Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wayward Pines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Wayward Pines Reply with quote

Anyone else watching this show?

It is such an odd show. At first it kind of reminded me of The Prisoner, the secret service guy being trapped in this weird town that no one can leave. Also the part where there is this unseen leader that everyone answers to.

I wasn't so keen on the reveal in episode 5 about the

Spoiler:

Abbies. I'm not a big fan of monsters. At first I thought it was going to be revealed that the school was turning the kids into these creatures.

I would have preferred a different explanation of some of the odd things that have happened.

I was pretty sure that:
Spoiler:

The psychiatrist guy and creepy nurse Pam were some of the leaders of this place. I kind of wonder if Pam is his wife.

Here's the part that I don't understand, if this town was created to essentially "save" humanity/civilization then why do they constantly watch the people? Why is freedom of speech so frowned upon and at the risk of death? It makes sense why they can't leave and why they are discouraged from talking about life before. With the time thing, leaving would be going to a place different from what they left. Also if they were to know the truth about time it would be devastating to most to think about the life and family they left behind. But just talking in general, having to watch everything they say, I don't understand why that is so controlled.

Spoiler:

I think that the psychiatrist guy ( I forgot his name) is the cause of the abbies. I think he created them. I think he is using them to keep the people trapped in this town. But why he is keeping them trapped I'm not sure.

Hmmm, I'm starting to notice a trend with shows I like...strange towns full of secrets/ cut off from the world...Wayward Pines, Under the Dome, Haven, Jericho, Persons Unknown, The Prisoner...Once Upon a Time. Even Lost, just a strange island instead of a town.

I'd love to see other people's theories on this show.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: