Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating Desktop shortcuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Creating Desktop shortcuts Reply with quote

My start menu on my Windows 8 computer can be temperamental. Sometimes it just won't open at all. This means that if I want to use certain programs like word pad, paint, etc I have to find an old project and open a new project from there.

What I am wondering about is if there is a way to make a desktop icon/shortcut for programs like word pad? I know how to "pin to taskbar" and that's what I have right now. But I like to keep my taskbar clean so I can tell what is active and what isn't.

I've wandered around some of the programs but I just can't figure out if there is a way to create a desktop shortcut for them.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you are able to right-click on the program somehow (locate it in My Computer, for instance), there is a "Create desktop shortcut" option. Here is a video that will hopefully help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgwiGnH6KIs

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

That was very helpful. I'm going to give that a try.
---------------

I followed the instructions in the vid and it worked perfectly. I was able to make a desktop short cut. This is going to make it so much easier to navigate around to word pad and other programs when my start menu is acting up.

Thanks again.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: