Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure" by Im1oftheOceanic6
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: "4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure" by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure" 04-08-2015
Parody of what a vacation package for Lost Island would be like. Happy 4-8-15!
Fandom: Lost
Song: Electric guitar instrumental by Milka153
Vidder: Im1oftheOceanic6
Length: 1:54 (21.5 mb WMV)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3fWDLeGI24

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Love this vid, Macaila! Makes it look like a cool place to vacation.
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Very cool idea I love the irony of it all, especially the 'warm' welcome from the natives LOL
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so awesome!! I laughed out loud a few times, like with Sawyer "fishing" and the part about the natives welcoming you for a long stay (cue flaming arrows). It really did sound like a travel video, with the music and all! Made me want to crash on the island even more than I already did!

I also loved the part about the Island Open and boar hunting...so classic! Great choice of scenery shots. You're so creative! I am inspired to do a fun vid now....

Thanks for doing this!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

This was such an interesting and original idea and I thought you executed it so well. I want to go there I want to go there!! LOL. Boar hunting and the fishing was awesome. The 'Let the natives welcome you' with the arrows was so great. Great vid.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

This was such an interesting and original idea and I thought you executed it so well. I want to go there I want to go there!! LOL. Boar hunting and the fishing was awesome. The 'Let the natives welcome you' with the arrows was so great. Great vid.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the great comments!

Thanks Heather! Glad you thought it looked like a cool place to vacation. I've been wanting to do this vid for a long time (almost 10 years). It started out as this little book I made before I learned to make vids. I'd wanted to adapt it for a long time. This seemed like a perfect chance to do it.

Thanks Ali ! Glad you liked the irony of the vid. I wanted to lay it out so at the start of the vid you see this beautiful paradise but the deeper you get in the vid, the more the weird and less friendly side of the island comes out. I thought the others shooting arrows at them would be a great fit. I liked that it almost looks like fireworks at first, before they start raining down on the beach.LOL

I don't know if this came through in the vid but the reason Locke is in the final frame about "you'll never leave" is because he was smoke monster Locke who was unable to leave the island.

Thank you Jen! I was hoping this would make people smile.I like the fishing scene too, I loved how terrible he was at fishing. Glad you thought it sounded like a real travel vid. I was hoping it would seem somewhat realistic. I wanted to focus a lot on the scenery more than the characters. The island is so pretty and I felt like when you go on this kind of vacation it is the location, not the people you go to see.

That's so kind, I'm glad my vid inspired you to do a fun vid. You should definitely do one. They are a lot of fun to make. I have a few ideas brewing for more fun vids.

Thank you Brooke! Glad my vid made you want to visit the island. The boar hunting and fishing scenes were some of my favorites.
In the travel vids they portray the vacation like nothing ever goes wrong and that's just not life. Something always goes a little wrong. So I wanted to show a "real" vacation experience. So Sawyer's a terrible fisherman, Michael gets attacked by a boar, Hurley can't swing a golf club, and the natives aren't so friendly.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I totally got the whole "you'll never want to leave" thing with MIB never getting to leave the island. Nice tie-in! Really loved this whole vid.

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Good, I was hoping that would come across. I'm glad you got it and that you enjoyed the vid.
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

This was the best!!! When can I book my ticket!!!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

I loved this! Such a great idea for a video
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Nikki Tickets to the island are available exclusively on Oceanic and Ajira Airlines.

Thanks Becca! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm hoping to do some more light hearted/parody style vids in the future.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: 4-8-15 Lost Vacation Brohure by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Ahaha! That was FANTASTIC, Macaila! Such a great idea and really well done.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Julia! I had a lot of fun making this video. I'm planning out some more light hearted vids. I have some Lost ideas and a couple for other fandoms that I'm hoping to make soon.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I'm looking forward to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: