Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate)" by scarlett

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: "Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate)" by scarlett Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate)" 02-18-2015
I got inspired to do a really romantic Jate vid when I heard this song for the first time in a while. The lyrics really spoke to me about my OTP! <3 Thanks tjmack1986 for the coloring (I covered it with texture but still, loved it)! Im trying to improve
Fandom: Lost
Song: Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers
Vidder: scarlett_106
Length: 3:35 (241 MB Mp4)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9TS3aN2iU&list=UUl5u96CsQwAJB4qrZmEhFjw

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks so amazing hun! I'm so glad the coloring worked for you hun!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

This was gorgeous! Such a perfect song for Jate. I loved how you included the dance promo. 0:33 "Time goes by" with the scenes from different seasons was perfect. 0:43 "Time can do so much" with Jack reading to Aaron was perfect lyric use. 1:06 "I need your love" with Jack and Kate meeting in the rec room was really fitting. They're expressions really fit that lyric. I loved 1:45 "wait for me" with that shared look on the dock and then "I'll be coming home" when Jack tells Kate he'll come back for her. "Wait for me" with Jack leaving for the final time is so heartbreaking. Love the symbolism you have with the dance scene where Kate lets go of Jack's hand as she drifts away paired with the scene of Jack leaving Kate behind in the finale. 2:49 I loved the parallel between their first kiss and last kiss, great beat use. I loved this video. You told their story so beautifully. Fantastic job!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

The music is far too cheesy for me, lol, but not necessarily a bad thing if it's what you wanted to vid. I liked the texture, and I liked the montage of all the kissing towards the end. Sweet vid
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like the ship or the show anymore, but I love the song so I checked it out. You did a really nice job. The pacing worked very well as did some lyrical use. I really enjoyed your coloring and texture too. Keep up the good work!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone, for watching and reviewing!

tjmack1986 wrote:
Looks so amazing hun! I'm so glad the coloring worked for you hun!

Me too! Thanks so much for the loaner. I want to use it without a texture sometime, it's so pretty!

3852 wrote:
This was gorgeous! Such a perfect song for Jate. I loved how you included the dance promo. 0:33 "Time goes by" with the scenes from different seasons was perfect. 0:43 "Time can do so much" with Jack reading to Aaron was perfect lyric use. 1:06 "I need your love" with Jack and Kate meeting in the rec room was really fitting. They're expressions really fit that lyric. I loved 1:45 "wait for me" with that shared look on the dock and then "I'll be coming home" when Jack tells Kate he'll come back for her. "Wait for me" with Jack leaving for the final time is so heartbreaking. Love the symbolism you have with the dance scene where Kate lets go of Jack's hand as she drifts away paired with the scene of Jack leaving Kate behind in the finale. 2:49 I loved the parallel between their first kiss and last kiss, great beat use. I loved this video. You told their story so beautifully. Fantastic job!

Thank you as always for your detailed and thoughtful review! It means so much! I, too, thought Jack walking away at "wait for me" was heartbreaking. Ah! I'm glad you saw the "I need your love" longing, I thought it was sooo evident in the scene from TMFA! Amazing how many powerful emotions there are in Jate scenes. I'm so glad the symbolism of the UK promo was apparent--Kate letting go of Jack right when she walked away from him "IRL," and the "I've hungered for your touch" as she caresses his face in the promo. I was inspired to use the promo because it really seemed to fit the song, and it worked out perfectly, I think. Thanks so much for all the comments and taking the time to put so much detail into them.

2181 wrote:
The music is far too cheesy for me, lol, but not necessarily a bad thing if it's what you wanted to vid. I liked the texture, and I liked the montage of all the kissing towards the end. Sweet vid

Lol! Well I'm honored you watched the whole vid, then. It is a super romantic (or cheesy) song, but I love it. I'm a sappy person, especially when it comes to Jate. Glad you liked the texture, I went back and forth on it a lot! Thanks for commenting!

PsychoCynic wrote:
I don't really like the ship or the show anymore, but I love the song so I checked it out. You did a really nice job. The pacing worked very well as did some lyrical use. I really enjoyed your coloring and texture too. Keep up the good work!

Wow, I'm honored you watched the vid if you're not even a Lost fan anymore! haha Glad I did the song justice (or at least didn't do it a disservice). I've always loved the song and like I said, it just spoke to me as a Jate song! Glad you liked tjmack's coloring and the texture I used! Thanks so much for watching and commenting.

namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

I am just so excited! I have been MIA for a while on LVI but, when I saw JATE I had to click on it and boy i was not disappointed! I love the dance scene at the beginning! I also love the "wait for me lyrics" to him leaving the Island! Very well done!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Awww, that made me really nostalgic! Gorgeous video!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Gorgeous Jate vid!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4603 wrote:
I am just so excited! I have been MIA for a while on LVI but, when I saw JATE I had to click on it and boy i was not disappointed! I love the dance scene at the beginning! I also love the "wait for me lyrics" to him leaving the Island! Very well done!

Welcome back and I'm so glad I didin't disappoint! I always want to do justice to my OTP. The "wait for me" part kils me, the intensity in their expressions ah! Thanks for watching!

3629 wrote:
Awww, that made me really nostalgic! Gorgeous video!

Thank you so much! I know, every time I see a new (or new to me) Jate vid, I fall in love with them all over again. I am very late to the party but I recently joined tumblr and it's like Jate heaven for me. So many Losties still making great Jate stuff (and just general Lost stuff that's awesome). <3 Thanks for watching the vid!

88 wrote:
Gorgeous Jate vid!

Thank you for watching and commenting! It's always great to hear feedback, I am very attached to my Jate vids since they're my OTP, so it means a lot.

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Oh my goodness, that was SO lovely! Really fantastic tribute to such an awesome pairing. Even with the slower pace, the flow didn't suffer at all, and all of your scene choices were well thought out. I loved that you even managed some beat use. Great job! I'm bawling here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: