Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"To Build a Home" by PsychoCynic (The Fall)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: "To Build a Home" by PsychoCynic (The Fall) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"To Build a Home" 02-16-2015
They both needed a home. The imaginary one they created together from heartbreak and loss seemed as good as any.
Fandom: The Fall
Song: To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra
Vidder: PsychoCynic
Length: 3:20 (106 mb wmv)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/v/YxhVUV7EBw8?version=3&vq=hd1080
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/6zu3qlzchtcshpx/THE_FALL_-_Build_a_Home_%28smaller%29.wmv

cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: To Build a Home by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Wow. I've never even heard of The Fall (is it a TV show or film? etc) but you had me captivated by the sweeping imagery and underlying tenderness of this video. Perfect song choice and your pacing was sublime throughout.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: To Build a Home by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Lovely vid, Maria! Nice to see you vidding again, I hope it continues
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: To Build a Home by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Gorgeous vid, Maria! This movie has been on my must see list for ages but unfortunately, I still didn't have a chance to see it. As cappy already said, perfect song choice and pacing! <3
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: To Build a Home by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

I loved this vid. There is just such a sweet innocence about it. The music was perfect for this movie. I loved how you went back and forth between the real and imaginary world. Wonderful lyric use. 1:20 "down in the garden where we planted seeds" great lyric use. 1:45 "held on as tightly as you held on me" was great lyric use. Loved toward the end how as the music picked up, you flipped back and forth between the real and imagined world in quicker cuts. That was really neat. Loved the ending. Wonderful vid.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: To Build a Home by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

That was lovely!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: To Build a Home by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

This is a beautiful video.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cappy, thank you so much! The pacing compliment was much appreciated since I was kind of worried it dragged. The vid is based on a movie from 2006, although there is a current British show by the same title. I'm really happy you liked the vid and thank you for your feedback!

Jemma, thanks so much for watching and commenting, sweetie. I want to vid something for The Originals soon, but I need time and episodes. I feel like finding those things are harder than it used to be!

Karolina, ohh, I wish you could see this movie. It's simultaneously adorable, stunning, and heart jerking. You can rent it from Amazon [url"http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Lee-Pace/dp/B001FQIWSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428110004&sr=8-1&keywords=the+fall"]Amazon[/url] for 3 American dollars. Maybe it'll convert to the Euro too. In any case, thanks so much for the feedback. So glad you liked the vid.

Marcaila, I absolutely love your comments. They give me a great idea of what I did right and what needs more work on and this one is no different. Thank you so much for all your detailed feedback and I'm thrilled you like the vid!

Heather, Thanks so much!

Nikki, I'm so happy you liked it. Thanks very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: