Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Course Correction" by Jemmz (Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: "Course Correction" by Jemmz (Lost) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Course Correction" 11-02-2014
September 2014 contest submission. Why did the universe want Charlie to die?
Fandom: Lost
Song: Who You Were by Jamin Winans
Vidder: Jemmz
Length: 3:02 (115MB wmv)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGtv-e_8lYE&feature=youtu.be

StarcrossedJedis
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very confusing - then again, so was Lost xD The editing was great. The colour was a tad too orange-y/sauturated for my taste - but it's really just that. Taste. You did a great job =)
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping those who are familiar with Charlie's story arc in season three will get it, but I was a little worried about it, so I will be happy to explain if anyone else is confused Thanks for watching
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Course Correction by Jemmz Reply with quote

I understood this vid perfectly and OMG this vid was perfection. The coloring, the edits, the layering was awesome always but that theory... You just blew my mind with your theory. I never thought of it the way you explained it and it makes such perfect sense. Your theory is so interesting and you gave perfect examples to back up your idea. I just can't get over how amazing this vid was. I love how you included the entire speech given by Malkin. And the whole thing about Jack and Kate. With him saying there's a couple in Los Angeles who aren't strangers...everything about this vid just makes perfect sense. Great job and good luck on the contest.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!! I'm so glad you understood it, Brooke! Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I'm so happy you liked the theory too! I'm not too sure where it came from. I was thinking of explaining why it was important for Aaron to be raised by Claire, but settled on this instead. I'm sooo glad you liked it! Thank you
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Course Correction by Jemmz Reply with quote

What a cool answer! I never would have equated the island trying to kill Charlie over and over to Aaron's future and who he was to be raised by. It was very unexpected, but it worked brilliantly. Loved the music, it really added to the suspense. I liked the editing, the way you built the mystery. I liked the way the answer built through the vid, it made it feel like watching a mini-mystery. At first I thought Charlie was bad for Aaron, then I started to see Claire wasn't meant for him either. I liked that there were layers to the answer.
You brought so many of my Lost theories to life in your vid and I absolutely loved seeing it!
I had noticed since the Pilot when the wing almost fell on Charlie that the island seemed to have it out on him. It was great to see a vid giving an answer as to why. 2:14 was my favorite. I have had the theory that Malkin was talking about Jack and Kate as the "couple in Los Angelas" for so long. It was awesome to see that play out. Christian's line at 2:45, that Aaron was where he was meant to be, I loved that you used that. I always thought that line was important since Sawyer had the baby taking him to Kate in the series when Christian said that. I really liked the way you used that line with Kate having Aaron when she left as O6. The manip of Charlie and Aaron in the Oceanic 6 was really cool.The ending was so sad and beautiful. It made me quite happy to see Kate and Jack get to raise Aaron in this version, but it was also heartbreaking that Claire and Charlie weren't meant to raise him. I loved the visual of the "happy family" over the ocean. This was a fantastic vid, Jemma!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy you enjoyed it, Macaila! I'm glad you liked the layers to the theory and you totally got what I was going for! Yeah the Malkin speech was perfect for Jack/Kate! I have no idea if that's what he really meant, but it made so much sense especially when he says they're not strangers! I'm glad you liked that, I knew it was a favourite theory of yours I wasn't going to include it at first but then I thought it just made sense to include it. Thanks so much again for the lovely comment <3
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Course Correction by Jemmz Reply with quote

Wow, that was so eerie and heartbreaking and really clever! Well done hon!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Becca!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Course Correction by Jemmz Reply with quote

Woah! I loved that, Jemma, it was really cleverly done. Great use of audio, and I loved the atmosphere you created. It was captivating!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. What a creative idea, and so beautifully done...the music was interesting w/o distracting from the voiceovers, and the transitions were beautiful. The ending was especially powerful, and I got chills when you showed clips of Charlie "raising" Aaron with the psychic's VO. I never even thought of that, that Charlie had to die because he wasn't supposed to raise Aaron. Very creative and just a beautiful vid. As a bonus, I loved the Jate.

Honestly I had never even though about Jate being "the couple in LA" until Macaela mentioned it here on LVI a few months ago. But it makes sense and you showed that really well.

Great vid!! Excellent storytelling.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Emma and Scarlett! I'm so happy you liked the theory and the way I portrayed it in this vid! It was so nice to work on a Lost vid again!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Course Correction by Jemmz Reply with quote

That was AMAZING, Jemma! OMG, it was soooo perfectly well told and the music gave me goosebumps. So well done!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so excited to watch this Jem!! Such a great idea, and such a clever idea weaving Claire's psychic thing into it, with Charlie parenting the child being a "danger" so he had to die because he wasn't supposed to raise Aaron.. And his thing about the couple who Aaron would be safe with being Jate, I'd always thought that, too! I had it in a vid awhile back, I agree about th e"not strangers" thing being the clue Excellent job!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Julia and Kat!! So glad you liked it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: