Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New YouTube layout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely despise the new message system they have forced on us. You can no longer mass message people, which sucks for people who are hosting collabs or collab groups. Or for me, who is in the middle of hosting a round contest, and I have to seriously go and singly message every single contestant in the contest for the new round. It's ridiculous!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely complain. Maybe if enough people complain, they will change it back. Then again, YouTube doesnt ever seem to show much interest in what their users want.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Google that's doing it. They bought the rights to YouTube which is why they're forcing Google + down people's throats.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjmack1986 wrote:
I absolutely despise the new message system they have forced on us. You can no longer mass message people, which sucks for people who are hosting collabs or collab groups. Or for me, who is in the middle of hosting a round contest, and I have to seriously go and singly message every single contestant in the contest for the new round. It's ridiculous!

THAT sounds awful. I can't believe you can't mass message. That just sucks. They clearly have no concern about what makes it easier to it's viewers. I agree with Jemma, maybe if enough people complain it'll happen.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else been experiencing vids being muted on YT. They aren't permanently muted, but the sound is off when you go to play the vid and you have to turn it back on, on the YT player. I've been running into that all over. They did it to my vid, I've run into it on embedded vids here and on other sites. It's just weird.

I've only noticed it over the last 2 or 3 days.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been noticing it for about a month or so and honestly I don't really have a problem with it.

I think it has to do with the fact that they're YT videos all over the internet and some sites if you put your mouse over it they begin to play. So I think that's one of the reasons why YT videos are being muted.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't bother me much either. It just caught me off guard the first couple times I ran into it.

That makes sense that they would mute it since some vids start playing automatically.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: