Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Coldest Winter || BuckyNat AU" by Jemmz (Captain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: "Coldest Winter || BuckyNat AU" by Jemmz (Captain Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Coldest Winter || BuckyNat AU" 10-18-2014
This video is The Winter Soldier with an AU twist. In 1945, Bucky fell to his death and was later recovered by Russians and made into The Winter Soldier. For the next several decades, Bucky is taken in and out of cryogenic stasis to enact missions and assassinations. He meets a young Natalia Romanova as they go on missions together. It is only when Nat is older that a romance blossoms between them, but with fatal consequences. Bucky has his memory wiped and is frozen. In present day, Nat must fight Bucky, who doesn't remember her. Will she destroy him before he destroys her?
Fandom: Captain America
Song: The Time Machine by Nathan Johnson
Vidder: Jemmz
Length: 2:54 (128MB Wmv)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gwEUSo6vnM
StarcrossedJedis
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Coldest Winter || BuckyNat AU by Jemmz Reply with quote

Mah Babies! *cough* Sorry... so the song was a bit odd to listen to, but very well picked to fit the overall mood of the video. The manips were realy great and even though personally I could have done with a little less effects, they were all very well excuted nd impeccably timed. Thumbs up! <3
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I did my best with the music! It was hard to choose one with no lyrics, and it was a different kind of choice for me, but it was fun to use a fast-paced soundtrack song rather than the typical music video-y song. As for the effects, I had a lot of fun with them and did my best to get them to go with the song (I don't usually play so much with cookie cutter ) It was a risk but I thought I'd do something a little different ! I'm really glad you liked the vid
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Coldest Winter || BuckyNat AU by Jemmz Reply with quote

This was perfect. It was extremely engaging and well thought out. I couldn't take my eyes off of Bucky and Natasha and their backstory was perfect. Not everyone can pull of a AU vid without audio and you hit the mark. You did a fantastic job giving a well thought out story while not having to use audio. It was an easy and fun story to follow.

The effects were remarkable. I am in awe of how fun those edits and effects were to the beat of the music. And my heart breaks for Natasha. I really hope you continue on with this because it's so great. What a wonderful vid. Again those effects are astounding.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke, Thank you so much! I was so worried about this vid the whole time I was making it, but it means so much you followed and enjoyed the story!! Like I said, the effects were a risk for me, and quite tricky to do, but I'm sooo happy you enjoyed them!! I just really wanted to something to follow the beat of the song so I'm glad you liked them Thanks so much again for the wonderful comment! <3
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Coldest Winter || BuckyNat AU by Jemmz Reply with quote

That was amazing, Jemma! I never would have thought of that, but I totally ship it now. I'm so impressed that you were able to pull it off!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thank you! I remember after the first Captain America I did some research and found out Bucky and Natasha got together in the comics. I don't read them but I know the basic ins and outs of story so it was fun to try and recreate it here since the movie didn't Glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely a little different to what I usually vid
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Coldest Winter || BuckyNat AU by Jemmz Reply with quote

That was awesome! Your editing was very cool. Loved the way you perfectly matched the music with the different effects. I loved the storyline. The part at 1:39 when they saw each other and she recognizes him was my favorite part. I also really liked how you captured the intensity of the music with the way the scenes built up as the music built at the end. I also loved the texture you used. This was a wonderful vid, I really enjoyed it.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Macaila!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to watch this for so long and never have until tonight!

This was so cool! I know BuckyNat are a thing in the comics, but you really made it your own here. I really like the effects (both the shaking effect and zooming black and white triangle = so awesome!). Not to mention your manipped scenes were so believable.

Really nice work, Jemma!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thanks Maria! So glad you liked it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: