Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Future is a Blink Away" by Im1oftheOceanic6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: "The Future is a Blink Away" by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Future is a Blink Away" 06-29-2014
May 2014 Contest Submission. Password blink See Vimeo for description.
Fandom: Lost
Song: Mobius Strip by James Johnson
Vidder: Im1oftheOceanic6
Length: 1:51 (7.92 MB WMV)

Link(s): https://vimeo.com/99478461

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video, Macaila Really creative use of pictures!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting concept, Macaila! I was intrigued through-out the entire video!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: The Future is a Blink Away by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Great job, Macaila! It was an interesting way of looking at the contest theme. I liked how you used the lighting effect to make it look like the whole video was from Jack's POV. I don't know if that was intentional, but that was the way it came across to me. It worked nicely. If I'm completely honest, the whole concept became clearer once I'd read the description. It made me go back and watch it again with new eyes. It was a brave creative choice though, well done!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: The Future is a Blink Away by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

That was an interesting vid, Macaila! Nice work!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jemma! I wanted to do something different from anything I've ever done in past vids. So I decided to do the whole thing in pictures instead of a mix of pics and clips. I knew if I was doing a pic vid, I had to have a really creative concept to pull it off.

Thank you Tammy! The concept for the vid just hit me one evening and it finally gave me the inspiration I needed to get back into viding.
I'm glad the vid kept you intrigued. I wasn't sure how the video would come across. I hoped it would be a unique concept and keep people interested. Oh, and thanks for the help on which transitions might give me the blink effect I wanted. That was a big help on creating the right look/effect.

Thanks Emma! Yes, that was intentional to have the video be from the POV of Jack, though originally I just wanted an eye to close at the start and one to open at the end without much concern over whose eye it was. But when I laid down that piece, I knew it had to be Jack because Lost started and ended with his eye. I'm glad the description made sense of the vid. It was a confusing concept, even to me at times. I really appreciate that you thought it was a brave creative choice. This vid was definitely outside my comfort zone.

Thanks Heather! Glad you enjoyed the video, it was a lot of fun to make. It was a great vid to help me get back into viding again.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a creative idea...the flash from the hatch door to the imploded hatch was particularly jarring. I like how it's all in the shape of an eye. Very interesting, great job!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment! Glad you enjoyed the vid. The change from the hatch to the implosion is one of my favorite parts of the vid. Glad you liked the eye effect too. I felt like that effect would be the best way to tell the story of the vid.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: