Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In My Veins - Julie/Laure" by KajaM (Les Revenan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: "In My Veins - Julie/Laure" by KajaM (Les Revenan Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"In My Veins - Julie/Laure" 04-01-2014
On her way home from a party Julie is attacked and seriously wounded by a stranger - which results in her withdrawing from the world and her girlfriend Laure. As years later the stranger attacks another woman, Julie and Laure are confronted with their pas
Fandom: Les Revenants
Song: In My Veins by Andrew Belle
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 3:27 (100MB wmv)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiV5XVajXcw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiV5XVajXcw

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: In My Veins - Julie/Laure by KajaM Reply with quote

Well done vid, Karolina!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Heather!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Karo!!! Gah so much angst!! I've not heard of this show so I don't get the catwoman costume lol, but it was such a great vid. Man it was hard for even me to watch those stabbing scenes and I vid some weird sh*t lol Gorgeous job love!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
I've not heard of this show so I don't get the catwoman costume lol, but it was such a great vid

Thank you, Kat!
Yeah, that Catwoman costume (as well as the story as a whole) is difficult to explain if you don't have any voiceovers to work with (I watched the show in German, but it's actually a French TV show... neither of which is very convenient for voiceovers )

So basically, Julie was on her way home from a costume party. She had gotten into a bit of a fight with her girlfriend Laure, so she went home alone... and was then attacked and badly wounded by that stranger. This also led to a breakup with Laure, in the end.

There's even so much more to the entire story because the show is actually about people returning from the dead (not in a Zombie-like, but in a very "real" and "human" way)... the little boy and the stranger, for example, they've both been dead for many years and suddenly they reappear, trying to get their lives back.

I think you would like the show. Not just because of Laure & Julie, but also because it's dark and creepy and full of surprising twists and turns.

Is there any way you could watch this?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: In My Veins - Julie/Laure by KajaM Reply with quote

Aw, that was so sad! Beautiful editing What was happening at the end with the two guys?
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: In My Veins - Julie/Laure by KajaM Reply with quote

Catching up on my LVI watching. This is haunting and gorgeous, Kaja! I've no idea what the fandom is but the visuals alone were so powerful.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Jemma and cappy!!

Jemma, it's difficult to explain but I'll try:
The show is about people who have been dead for a while and who suddenly start coming back and are trying to get their old lives back. The two men

Spoiler:

are brothers.
The younger one is the serial killer who attacked Julie years ago. She only survived because the older brother found her and managed to stop him from killing her (as he did with his other victims).
The serial killer dies - being killed by his older brother and thus finally stopped from harming even more women.

By the end of season 1 - after the serial killer had come back to life - it's exactly the other way around. The older brother dies, while the younger one, the killer, survives.

Complicated, huh?

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: In My Veins - Julie/Laure by KajaM Reply with quote

Never seen or heard of this show. Looks interesting; I thought your clips were really beautiful, lovely edits; and I really liked hte overlay really went with the sadness. I thought the intertwining clips were nicely done. Great vid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: