Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

preview video turns red

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: preview video turns red Reply with quote

I opened one of my files that I have been working on and I just got a new computer so I just installed sony vegas pro 12 a few days ago and now that I tried opening one of my files, this happens. So far it seems to be the only one it's happening to (I hope) and I have never seen this before. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Please ignore the white part, I had to crop it in paint since i haven't installed photoshop yet lol

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vegas does that to most AVI clips. They just turn red in the trimmer or on the timeline. I put them in Windows Media Player, render them as a WMV clip and then they usually work alright in Vegas and don't give me the red screen.

Mine will also red out clips if it doesn't have enough memory, but that shouldn't be the problem with a new computer. It might just be the format of the clip.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to try that because the start of the video, I really liked and would hate to scrap it all together. Thanks for the tip!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: