Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (Season 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo yeah that is very interesting Karolina.

Something makes me think..

Spoiler:

Dany will ride Drogon. I suppose it is too early in the story though but he could probably take her weight now. It is most likely the Bran storyline with the children of the forest though I guess.

The screenshot with the Hound..

Spoiler:

OMG what are they doing in the Vale? Another near miss for Arya meeting Sansa. Suppose that will be where they part ways. She is not right by the sea there so I dunno how she's gonna get on a boat to Bravvos

What do you guys think about the whole..

Spoiler:

Choosing of Jon/Stannis's takeover/being offered the seat of Winterfell and all that jazz. I dunno how they are going to fit all this in three episodes. I would have thought episode 9 is just gonna be straight up battle with little dialogue.

Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... didn't super love tonight's episode.

I'm curious to see where they're going with the Greyworm/Missandei thing, but they spent an awful lot of time on it tonight, I thought. Jorah's release was super heartbreaking.

The scene with Tyrion and Jaime talking about the cousin killing the beetles, I'm not sure what I thought about that. I kind of liked it and kind of didn't. It was a bit surreal.

Really hated the stuff in the Vale. I'm just not sure I get the point of doing things so differently, and now that's three more people who know Sansa is in the Vale. Why bother hiding it at this point? I didn't like the implication that Sansa enjoyed the lie or that evil look she and Petyr shared, but more than that I didn't like the scene in her bedroom when she said, "I know what you want," and he creepily asks, "Do you?" And then later we see her come downstairs with her hair dyed black, wearing a black gown and looking like Morticia Addams, creepy and confident--just, what? It seemed like they're trying to use her dying her hair black as a metaphor for her becoming evil, rather than it just being a disguise. I didn't like that. And I also felt like they're implying that she slept with Petyr. Yuck. It sounds like they plan to have them traveling around the Vale for awhile, which I don't recall from the books. Was it in there and I just forgot?

Sandor and Arya's scene was cute. Arya laughing...

Gah, poor Oberyn. I had my eyes closed at the end and wish I hadn't looked after. So gory and gross, but they did stick by the book.

Question about the promo for next week:

Spoiler:

WTF is Sam still doing at the wall as it's getting attacked?! It makes no sense.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:
Hmm... didn't super love tonight's episode.

I'm curious to see where they're going with the Greyworm/Missandei thing, but they spent an awful lot of time on it tonight, I thought. Jorah's release was super heartbreaking.

I enjoyed this. It's kinda heartbreaking that they will probably never consumate their relationship in any meaningful way. Love both actors and they have pretty decent chemistry. I think this is one of the better storylines they have created for the show.

Just wait..

Spoiler:

Tyrion is gonna hook up with Jorah and they are gonna head back to Meereen I bet Dany will take him back eventually in the books.

Quote:
The scene with Tyrion and Jaime talking about the cousin killing the beetles, I'm not sure what I thought about that. I kind of liked it and kind of didn't. It was a bit surreal.

I thought it was okay but it went on far too long. They could have talked about so many other interesting tidbits from the books. It seems like they have to give Peter Dinklage so much screentime, it bugs me sometimes.

Quote:
Really hated the stuff in the Vale. I'm just not sure I get the point of doing things so differently, and now that's three more people who know Sansa is in the Vale. Why bother hiding it at this point? I didn't like the implication that Sansa enjoyed the lie or that evil look she and Petyr shared, but more than that I didn't like the scene in her bedroom when she said, "I know what you want," and he creepily asks, "Do you?" And then later we see her come downstairs with her hair dyed black, wearing a black gown and looking like Morticia Addams, creepy and confident--just, what? It seemed like they're trying to use her dying her hair black as a metaphor for her becoming evil, rather than it just being a disguise. I didn't like that. And I also felt like they're implying that she slept with Petyr. Yuck. It sounds like they plan to have them traveling around the Vale for awhile, which I don't recall from the books. Was it in there and I just forgot?

Don't worry. Sansa is absolutely playing Littlefinger. She is becoming a more darker and twisted version of herself but that's what you need to survive in this world. I really enjoyed these scenes because we are finally getting to see Sansa show she can be a formidable force. Only those three people know about her so they can still keep her identity secret. It's verging on book spoilers but I guess the show has to spoil the books now because there is not much left. I think they are going off to find a place for Robyn to stay and get them out of their hair.

Quote:
Gah, poor Oberyn. I had my eyes closed at the end and wish I hadn't looked after. So gory and gross, but they did stick by the book.

Ugh it was so gross. Certainly easier to read than to watch. They did a fantastic job with the special effects though. I loved that he repeated the lines over and over like in the book. Pedro Pascal seems a great mover and the fight was very well orchestrated.

Quote:
Question about the promo for next week:

Spoiler:

WTF is Sam still doing at the wall as it's getting attacked?! It makes no sense.

Spoiler:

Sam is not even at Castle Black yet at this point in the books. I'm okay with it. I'm sure his storyline will follow the same path with the baby switch.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the episode, but I really would've liked more time spent on Oberyn, considering it was his final hour. The whole beetle speech was really strange and unnecessary.

I love the Grey Worm/Missandei thing. I thought that stuff was SO CUTE. It'll be awesome if they decide to show that a romantic relationship doesn't have to be sexual to be meaningful!! I mean I think Missandei is disappointed that nothing physical can happen between them but Grey Worm doesn't seem too bothered... So it'll be cool to see where that goes.

I actually really liked the Vale stuff. Sansa is becoming a major playing in the game now, and once again I thought Sophie Turner absolutely killed it as an actress in the scene where she told Lysa's advisers who she really is. I think since they left Marillion out of the show they had to do something different with that plot - not super thrilled, but in terms of changes I think they've pulled this one off better than other things they've changed. I don't think they were implying she slept with Littlefinger - at least I hope not!!!!

Oberyn's death was AWFUL to watch. That was almost Red Wedding level of horrible. I was kind of in shock after because I forgot exactly how it was that the Mountain killed him....what a way to jog my memory. Gonna miss him like crazy, and Pedro Pascal!

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally feel sick after the ep and Oberyn's death. I had to keep my eyes shut because it totally grossed me out... I saw the "result" of it though and that was just... horrible! It was indeed almost Red Wedding level of horrible

Quote:
I was kind of in shock after because I forgot exactly how it was that the Mountain killed him....what a way to jog my memory.

Me too!!!
In my "memory", Gregor killed him with his sword just when it looked like Oberyn had won. I really don't remember it being so disgusting. I suppose my mind must've blanked it out

I will miss Oberyn like crazy and knowing that

Spoiler:

Sandor will "die" soon enough as well

doesn't make things any easier.

Julia, I'm with you:
That whole Sansa/Petyr thing was creepy and made me really angry, especially the implication of her having slept with Petyr.
Ugh... no... just no!!!!

I really, really hope that Sansa will find out one day that it was Petyr who sold Ned Stark to the Lannisters!

Quote:
It sounds like they plan to have them traveling around the Vale for awhile, which I don't recall from the books. Was it in there and I just forgot?

In the books, Sansa's story ends with

Spoiler:

her and Robyn descending from the Eyrie in order to tour the Vale - but with the reader's knowledge that Petyr is planning to get rid of Robyn and wed "Alayne" off to Harry the Heir... which, as we probably all agree, isn't his ultimate plan as well. I think it's safe to say that he'll be wanting the North and Sansa to himself, so Harry the Heir is just yet another means to an end.

Speaking of Harry the Heir: Do you think he'll still be a part of Sansa's storyline in the books and on the show? We never met Willas Tyrell as well, so I'm not sure of Harry will actually be an "active" part of ASoIaF?

Bye bye, Jorah....

Grey Worm/Missandei is a bit random... but I actually love their chemistry and they look really cute together!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we all agree on the Greyworm/Missandei chemistry. Eryn--I agree, it would be amazing to see a romance not based on sex for a change.

Everyone I've talked to is thoroughly disgusted and a little traumatized by Oberyn's death, so we're definitely not alone. LOL!

Thanks for the reminder on the Sansa/touring the Vale stuff, Karolina! Will definitely be interesting to see where they go with all of it. I don't know what will happen with HtH in the books or show--definitely curious on both counts. I just really really really don't want to see things go to creepy places with Sansa/Petyr.

Paul:

Spoiler:

I'm really looking forward to Jorah and Tyrion meeting up. I think that will be Arya/Hound and Jaime/Brienne level epic.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen gifs of Oberyn's death on tumblr and I'm shocked anyone had the stomach to spend time in photoshop making gifs of it. It's like a train wreck....you want to look away....but you can't.

I'm really glad Dany finally dismissed Jorah, that should've happened ages ago!
Spoiler:

Now he's free to meet up with Tyrion. I'm interested to see how the show does that dynamic.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah Julia! I'm really looking forward to it.

It's gonna be interesting to get some of these random encounters from the books Another one is:

Spoiler:

Sam and Arya

Can anyone think of any others?
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, yes!

Spoiler:

Sam and Arya! I hope they'll do that. I loved Jorah and Tyrion's dynamic in the book, so hopefully it will be good in the show, too. It'll be interesting to see if Iain Glen can keep up with Peter Dinklage.

Can't think of any others outside of:

Spoiler:

Jon/Stannis/Melisandre, Brienne & LS, if those count.

Eryn, I KNOW!!!

I kept seeing them and cringing. I do not want to keep seeing that over and over again. LOL!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

It'll be great to see Jorah have scenes with someone other than Dany. That's part of why I liked the Tyrion/Jorah scenes in the book, it gave a completely different perspective on who Jorah is!

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Quote:
it gave a completely different perspective on who Jorah is!

It sooo did! Poor guy was so haggard and over it by the time he meets up with Tyrion. I kind of love it. I really want to see him be able to redeem himself.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Yeah Jorah does need some character development away from Dany. Should be fun.

Dany's story feels so separated from the other story lines so it's even more cool that we get these characters meeting up. Tyrion and Dany meeting up in the books if it happens will be epic.

Some more casting news..
Spoiler:

Varamyr Sixskins has been cast. I want some Greyjoys already! I feel like the only guy who loves Victarion. I'd be so sad if he wasn't cast.

Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I like Victarion. My husband likes Euron.

I hope they both get cast, too, Paul. The Greyjoy stuff should be super interesting!

So, speaking of my husband, we had an interesting epiphany tonight. We were talking about the Valonqar prophecy and he pointed out that both Cleganes "died" and were given new identities, which he sees as proof that there's "something in store" for them, and hopefully that's the fight. So from there it occurred to us that so many characters have been given new identities: Arya (presumed dead, lots of new identities), Sansa (new identity), Jon (presumed dead, could potentially take on a new identity), Bran (could have a new identity soon), Cat (dead, new identity), Sandor (presumed dead, new identity), Gregor (dead, new identity), Theon (new identity), Aegon (living under assumed identity), Jon Connington (living under assumed identity), Barristan Selmy (temporary fake identity), Jeyne Poole (as Arya Stark), Mance Rayder (as Abel), Jeyne Westerling (potentially, since someone else might be posing as her), and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. It seems like there are some similar false identity stories that run through the mythology as well, like the Knight of the Laughing Tree who many think was Lyanna. It's definitely a huge theme in this series.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is really interesting, Julia! I really think I need to go back and reread soon....argh....that'll be such a commitment, though.

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Wow, that is really interesting, Julia! I really think I need to go back and reread soon....argh....that'll be such a commitment, though.

I wanted to do a reread so bad but I'm such a slow reader. It'd take me over a year to read all five again, I'm sure, and my "to read" list is so long I just can't bring myself to do it. Eventually I might try to read a chapter a week while still reading other things. Maybe by then book six will be out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: