Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Tomorrow People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: The Tomorrow People Reply with quote

It started off slow but I really love it now!

Here's the premise from tv.com:

Quote:
The Tomorrow People is a remake of The UK series of the same name that aired during the 1970's.

The Tomorrow People are the next step in human evolution, blessed with the powers of Telekinesis, Telepathy and Teleportation

The Tomorrow People are hunted by and engaged in a war with agents of ULTRA; An elite, paramilitary group led by the devious Dr. Jedikiah Price. Jedikiah and ULTRA will stop at nothing to eradicate what they see as a threat to the human race.

The key to ending the war and finding salvation lies with Stephen Jameson: A normal teenager who begins hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep.
Hoping to save his sanity Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, which leads him to his first encounter with The Tomorrow People, John, Cara and Russell.

In the end Stephen must make a choice between helping ULTRA in exchange for the chance at a normal life or helping The Tomorrow People who offer him a home where he would truly belong. Stephen chooses his own path and sets out on journey to uncover the truth about the disappearance of his father and the future of The Tomorrow People.

I think it might be in danger of getting cancelled, but it would be great if more people watched and hopefully keep this show alive
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering about it when I see the promos during my other shows. May have to check it out!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you do, Julia! I think you'll like it!

I really really hope it doesn't cancelled </3
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! I love this show! I didn't think anyone here watched it! Monday's episode was super intense

Spoiler:

I really hope Roger isn't dead like it appears in the preview for the finale!

Unfornately I think that the show is definitely in danger to be cancelled. Then again, almost every show left on The CW that hasn't been picked up yet is in danger. Nothing is more in danger at the moment than Beauty & The Beast, which is sad, because it's such an amazing show
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching it before Christmas but kind of drifted away from it until recently, and now I love it! My favourite is John.

Spoiler:

I really hope he gets his powers back, and I know he kind of gets together with Astrid but I really ship him with Cara. Cara/Stephen is just far too forced imo

Yeah, it seems kind of weird. The show is based off an old British tv programme and has been remade twice now. Shame for it to end/get cancelled again. It's gonna be Terra Nova all over again!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did kind of start off rocky ... and it took a bit before I was really invested in it, but I think the writing really started to even itself out.

Spoiler:

I hope he gets his powers back too. I love John with Astrid. I never really did ship John/Cara. I've always shipped Stephen/Cara. There is just something about those two ... but I have really fallen off the Cara bandwagon. She has just been so ... witchy lately!

I didn't watch Terra Nova ... was it good? I knew that TTP was based off of a British TV show though. I wasn't sure I'd like it since it seemed a bit like Heroes, which I didn't like when I tried to watch it, lol.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

They seem a little iffy writing those 4. It's just not convincing. They've added so many scenes where John and Cara admit they love each other, express concern for each other, risk their lives for each other, then suddenly Stephen loves Cara and she has sex with him like 5 episodes in. I expected a kiss, but to sleep together?? I went off Cara for a bit then, but I especially went off Stephen because he showed no remorse what-so-ever. I might have been into it if it hadn't been so quick and random. Maybe if they had developed the relationship more clearly, because it seems like he doesn't really know much about Cara or have much in common with her. John/Astrid are cute, I could get on board with them, but again seemed to come out of nowhere a little bit. They've had few scenes together. I could have accepted when Astrid kissed him except John said "next time I kiss you..."and it irked me a bit, because it was like, huh??? Remember this girl you love back home??? Is it just over now or what? I think they could do a little better writing the relationships. But the character centric episodes with the flashbacks are brilliant!! They do a great job with showing Cara, Russell and John's roots and it is just fascinating seeing their lives before they joined the lair!

I think all shows are going to be a bit rocky when there's like 20+ episodes to fill. I don't really like when there's that many episodes because there's so many forgettable ones and then they start repeating stuff. Even though it kind of sucks, having fewer episodes really pays off because you can see the love and thought that went into each one.

Oh, what drew me to it is because it's a bit like Heroes! I was going to say it's a bit like Nikita as well.

I loved Terra Nova. It's pretty cheesy but it gets quite intense at the end. I don't think I properly loved it until the last few episodes, but it's a fun show Another one that got cancelled before it really started to shine.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

At first I thought the same thing you did. That they switch around to who loves and cares about who way to much. I think the thing with Stephen/Cara ... and the reason that people haven't picked up on it is because they haven't mentioned it much, but Stephen & Cara are supposed to have this deep connection, from her trying to talk him through breaking out.

The thing with John is, I think that they do love and care about each other, but it's kind of like a "safe" zone.

I think now that John's human he thinks he can't be with Cara because he will only put her life in danger because she'll be too busy trying to make sure that he's safe. And I think there's been a definite connection between John and Astrid since she removed that bullet from his stomach and saved his life.

I agree on some level, but I think that a lot of shows should do what The Walking Dead does or what Greys and Once Upon A Time did this year, and break their seasons up into two mini seasons, with almost like two different ... yet connected storylines.

I think that would help with a bit of the "filler" episodes ... which are technically needed to set up smaller parts of the storylines, but it would also help with the constant "on" and "off" stuff that all network channels have going on. I never know from week to week when shows I watch are going to be on or not, lol.

See that's what's funny. My brother made me watch the first episode of Heroes with him when the show first started, and I hated it. Yet, since then my taste in what I do and don't like has changed quite a bit. I used to hate most Sci-Fi stuff, but now I've seen the first (new) Star-Trek movie and liked it ... I'm actually excited for the second Avatar movie, lol. So, I'm pretty sure if I gave Heroes a second chance I might actually like it.

What's it about exactly? I never exactly understood the premise of the show?
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a trailer for TN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBb6Kyd7vAc

Or on my page I made a movie trailer for it a while back...might be kind of spoilery though.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointingly, this got cancelled.
I cannot fathom how this show got cancelled but the 100 got renewed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: