Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Walking Dead (season 4) - spoilers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, sorry Eryn! Sorry that you have to keep defending Beth I just don't like her. I was the same with Andrea as you are, fandom hated her and I loved her (bar season 3 of course), so I understand the frustration! I'm not even sure why I don't like Beth, maybe her crying thing is just easy to pick on. Maybe cos she said her "i dont cry anymore" in 4.01 and then in 4.03 she cried when talking to Maggie through the doors. So I'm like, yes Beth you do still cry, who are you trying to convince here, Beth, me or you?

I'll admit I liked her more in "Still", maybe because she finally took charge and did something instead of standing screaming and waiting for someone else to take care of the walker lol

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved seeing Bob being found! And seeing Daryl/Glenn back together even if it was just a flashback <3 <3

I do like how Beth is all "Daryl, I am gonna love you even if you hate it!"

Sascha's moving up my list of fave characters <3

Why the eff would Beth leave Daryl???? Wow, they really dont care if the fandom hates Beth. And now Daryl's with bad people!

That was a sweet kiss with Bob and Sascha, but I hope it's not THE kiss

gah next weeks looks AWESOME!!! But where is lil Judith!!?!??!

"The Grove" promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5mUki6ZzDY

Sneak Peek 1: Oh, there she is lol but they've changed her up, she's a different, younger baby! unless thats a flashback to when Tyreese just left the prison with the kids. Maybe it is, and we'll find out what happened to the little curly haired boy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4f1WyL1knQ

Sneak Peek 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5qLM8ZjVSw

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Wow, they really dont care if the fandom hates Beth.

Actually they do or they wouldn't have had this whole bit in last week's ep: "I know you look at me and you just see another dead girl. I’m not Michonne, I’m not Carol, I’m not Maggie. I survived, and you don’t get it, because I’m not like you or them. But I made it!" Scott M. Gimple talked really positively about Beth when he was on Talking Dead at the beginning of the season too.

I don't really mind if you don't like Beth bc to each their own but hating her for having a normal human reaction to trauma (aka crying when she's scared) is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. If that's the only reason you don't like her then I don't know, it's just a bit upsetting bc a lot of people in general only want to like female characters if they're "badass" in typical ways like Michonne with her sword or Maggie killing walkers (or Carol murdering people???) whereas people like Beth get hated on for reacting to things in a realistic manner. All people are different, and not everyone can react like Michonne. Especially someone as young as Beth - she's still a teenager!

I also don't remember her crying when talking to Maggie through the doors in 4x03, seem to think Maggie was the one crying and Beth said "we don't get to be upset" but perhaps I'm misremembering.

Anyway I'll probably be back to post thoughts after I finish watching!

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thats what i mean. they spent last week and this week showing us another side of Beth, and then had her drive off and abandon a main character loved by the fandom at large. that section of the fandom who dont like beth already just got more ammunition after this ep. thats what i meant. and she does cry in 4x03 which i only know cos i just vidded with that scene lol . ill screencap in a sec

xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but but..... where is my rick at yo?! LOL

AH i didn't think beth drove off? i assumed shes be taken. I reckon "Joes" group has her, daryl joining them and will end up finding her.

regarding judith i think i read somewhere they actually use 5 different babies to play her. I have noticed when ive edit she may look different in one scene than another rofl!

i'm bored of bob *yawn*

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that thought too Sophie, that it wasn't Beth driving. Surely she wouldn't just leave Daryl like that, she would have waited? So something bad is happening to her, too... Gah, and everyones still separated! Three eps to go!

I miss Richonne! <3

Haha, yeah they've baby Aaron'd her I thought they might since Judith from the start of the season had teeth, next weeks baby doesnt look like she does

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also assumed Beth had been taken by someone in that last ep. She said she wasn't going to leave Daryl and I believe her

I loved that speech of hers in the ep before, it's totally true and I wish more people understood what she was saying.

I really want Glenn to see Maggie's messages!

Does Maggie think Beth's dead...? I don't think she's mentioned her once? It's all about Glenn...I think that's a little weird lol.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Beth was definitely kidnapped. She wouldn't have left her backpack on the ground and she wouldn't have left Daryl, plus the car drove off in an awful hurry. If Beth found a car she would've driven back and gotten Daryl. I reeeeeally hope those people Daryl's with aren't the ones who have Beth...but at the same time I do, in the hope that they find each other.

Bob seems like such a good person. I wonder how he got separated from his other groups or what happened to them or whatever. That worries me a little... I hope there's no huge dark secret. I dunno if I really feel him and Sasha as a couple, though, she didn't seem too into it, haha.

Maggie and Glenn's faith in each other is my favorite thing omg they need to have a Sun and Jin style reunion soon.
Yeah, she mentioned Beth like once, Jemma. I don't remember exactly what she said but I think she feels more strongly that Glenn is alive? I don't know.

This ep was a little slow after the last couple of weeks - hope it picks up again next week!

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eee, I love this little gang! Tyreese with the girls is sooooo cute <3 Micah's a wise little thing, and a pretty good shot

There's something up with Lizzie, like mentally. Covering judith's mouth the other week, and her friend the walker, killing those bunnies.

GAH!! MICAH!! Oh, dear, Lizzie this is bad bad bad bad bad.

Well, there's an ep that shattered my heart

Next week, finally some Rick again "Us":

Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSI1i8ikdo

Sneak Peek #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOe49qKUCCI

Sneak Peek #2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1marYjsP32g

xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY RICK IN THE PROMO ROFL!! I feel like the old woman in titantic going "It's been 84 years!"

HOLY COW THAT EPISODE!! OMG i'm such a noob it didn't sink in that lizzy was the female version of Ben in the comic. Effing awesome! ha ha

And carol telling tyreese finally!!!! and ah.... im just an emotional mess right now LOL

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSoppySofax wrote:
YAY RICK IN THE PROMO ROFL!! I feel like the old woman in titantic going "It's been 84 years!"

Lol but how brief was his appearance?!?!?! I miss that mess of a man lately!

Im glad Carol told Tyreese as well, i was worried that was going to be one of those things that was dragged on and on and on until someone else told Tyreese. BUt i like it the way it went, i loved their hug I hope they become good friends, they play off each other really well. Not romantically, but they have great chemistry.

I just cant with LIzzie and Micah right now. I just cant! Makes her smothering Judith so much more sinister, I didnt think she was that screwed up to kill Micah Poor Micah She was my fave of the pair! Carol's face when she was telling Lizzie that she would wait til Micah "came back", gah!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might have been the worst, most disturbing thing to ever happen in the tv series and that's saying something. I'm speechless. I just cried and cried!

Is it just me or do the characters who have ~romantic~ interests just not give a crap about their siblings? Maggie more concerned about Glenn, not Beth; Tyreese grieving more for Karen than Sasha :\
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate Carol's attitude that being sweet and kind will get you killed. I REALLY hate that. Just because Sophia was sweet and she died doesn't mean every sweet person is going to die. Sophia's kindness wasn't even a factor in her death. And I don't think it's appropriate to ask a child to kill an animal when she clearly does not want to. I just really dislike the change in Carol this season. I hardly recognize her as the same character anymore. Melissa McBride is a phenomenal actress. I just feel like Carol has changed too much for me to feel the way about her I used to. I hope she'll turn it around. I sort of lost Rick for awhile last season but he came back. I hope Carol gets to a point where I can recognize her again.

On the flip side, I love Tyreese more and more every episode! He's such an amazing person - it would take a lot to forgive Carol like that.

The fire they saw smoke from was definitely the house Daryl and Beth burned down, right?? If only they'd seen it sooner and checked it out!

What an amazing little actress Brighton Sharbino is!!!! I'm SO impressed with her! Poor Lizzie just breaks my heart. She clearly had some kind of anxiety disorder and possibly something else on top of that (I've seen speculation that she had some form of autism?). The poor little girl just wasn't cut out for this world There was a lot of speculation that she and Mika were based on Ben and Billy in the comics, but since I haven't read them I didn't really understand what that meant!
I wish Carol hadn't killed her....I wish she had decided to leave with her like she talked about with Tyreese. But I know she made the choice that was probably best for everyone. I just really liked Lizzie and I wish there was some way for her to be okay. This ep was soooo heartbreaking.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I just feel like Carol has changed too much for me to feel the way about her I used to. I hope she'll turn it around. I sort of lost Rick for awhile last season but he came back. I hope Carol gets to a point where I can recognize her again.

I would defintely prefer Carol to be more of a protective momma type than a sharp shooting bad ass because we have so many of those and I just don't buy it as much as with other people.

Quote:
On the flip side, I love Tyreese more and more every episode! He's such an amazing person - it would take a lot to forgive Carol like that.

Tyreese is awesome. I loved him in the comics and the show. The actor is doing a terrific job. Just praying they won't see fit to kill him off anytime soon. They both did an incredible job in those scenes, especially the one where he forgives her.

Quote:
There was a lot of speculation that she and Mika were based on Ben and Billy in the comics, but since I haven't read them I didn't really understand what that meant!

There was two brothers in the comics and one of them is a psychotic crazy who kills his own brother so it seems like they made them girls for the show.

Quote:
I wish Carol hadn't killed her....I wish she had decided to leave with her like she talked about with Tyreese. But I know she made the choice that was probably best for everyone. I just really liked Lizzie and I wish there was some way for her to be okay. This ep was soooo heartbreaking.

I think she had to die. Left on her own she would have ended up a walker or potentially hurt other people. It's not just a case of her being dysfunctional, she has serious mental health issues. She belongs in an institution but seeing as there isn't one then she has to die :/
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Paul, I do get that there was no other option. She really needed help from a psychiatrist and obviously that wasn't an option. Their only choices were to either leave her on her own, or kill her, and she would have died on her own anyway - probably in a much more brutal fashion. They were really in a catch 22 situation. It just breaks my heart that that WAS the only option!

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: