Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the Average time for a video to be judged?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: What is the Average time for a video to be judged? Reply with quote

I am just curious. I have had a video up for over a month with no views. I think maybe it's cause no one really knows the show? I am just curious... I Love seeing all the new vidders and the talent is awesome.

Thanks for any input!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nikki!

Do you mean a vid that hasn't gotten any comments? Or a CP or VP? There really is no set time frame, it just depends on how many members are around and being active on the site. The CMs try to vote on all vids soon after they are posted on the site.

Regarding the show that the vid is about not being popular, that probably does have an effect on how many people watch it. Though it would be great for everyone to watch every video on the site, people are more likely to watch vids of their fav fandoms before watching a vid about something they are not familiar with.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to watch almost any fandom of vid. I only skip vids if they have warnings of certain types of graphic content. I enjoy checking out new fandoms.

I would guess time is probably the main reason the vid hasn't gotten a judgement. I know if I'm really busy, I'll try to catch 5 minutes here and there to watch a vid but I do gravitate toward my fave fandoms first or a favorite song, then I try to watch everything else when I have more time. I'm really far behind on watching and voting right now because I just haven't had the time.

If the video shows no views one thing you might double check is that the video is active. I had a Lost Christmas vid once on Youtube and I could play it but nobody else was playing it. I couldn't understand why no one played it. I found out it was blocked and when I logged out, I couldn't see it either. So you might double check that as well.

I hope that might have helped some.

Like I said, I'm really far behind in voting but I look forward to seeing your vid. I always love your work.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been very inactive; and it's due to having two jobs and working 6 days a week. I'm mostly active during the summer. I've finally just got back into vidding myself.

And I always tried to watch as many vids I could UNLESS it was a show or movie that I didn't want to be spoiled on. Usually if it's a show I've never hard of (Not heard of Banshee) then I'll watch it because I usually find that when I watch a show I haven't heard or or know little about it usually gets me interested in it).

But a month is pretty long with no views. As a vidder it does get discouraging when it takes a long time for a vid to get a comment or a vote. But saying that; it does seem that there's been little activity here.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really helps if everyone makes an effort to vote or comment on vids because it's not fair to leave it to the same people. Like Heather said, CMs do try and vote on ALL vids as soon as possible - I know most members do too when they have time - but it's very easy to get tied up with other things. It just really depends. Just everyone try their best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: