Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mediafire Copyright Notice.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Mediafire Copyright Notice. Reply with quote

So I received a notice from Mediafire today that one of my vids
"Lost: A Love Story of Survival, Redemption and Destiny" was considered to be infringing on someone's copyright. They suspended access to the file.

I was just wondering if anyone else had gotten a similar notice. I am just going to delete the account, I hardly use it anymore anyway.
The weirdest thing was when it talked about some of the things this person claimed to have copyright over, never once did it actually mention Lost. It mentioned "You're Next", "Nurse Jackie", and "Anger Management" among other titles. I've never even watched any of those films/shows that they mentioned, let alone used any media from them. It also listed a bunch of links, far more than I have in my account.
It was sort of a weird e-mail, but regardless I'm just deleting the account.

I'm just getting tired of all this copyright stuff. I've always operated under the idea of the fair use clause. I just wanted to share my love of the fandom and hopefully make others enjoy it and perhaps want to check it out themselves. It just stresses me out when they pull this stuff. So I unfortunately think I am done with "traditional" viding.
However I still love viding and I very much enjoy being a member of this site. So I will be embracing a different style of viding in the future. I guess the silver lining is I'm going to be learning to more artistic and creative in my viding style.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: