Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Reply with quote

I was VERY skeptical when I heard the creators of OUaT were doing a Wonderland-based spin-off, but it looks AMAZING! I had no idea it was this far into production. I can't wait!!!

http://youtu.be/FQr2BGyhHBQ
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is smart of ABC/Once for doing this. Because I imagine due to the heavy hiatus of TV shows nowadays you lose viewers.

I know so many people who fall behind or stop watching shows because of hiatus; they start watching something else and just lost touch with shows.

So with making a limited spinoff you can easily keep the viewers to stay tuned until the original show comes back.

I will say, I was hoping we'd see more of Jefferson due to the whole 'Wonderland' theme.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure I'd like the spin-off, just because I'm not a big Wonderland fan. But after seeing the trailer, it definitely looks intriguing, so I'm going to have to give it a try!

Brooke, it was supposed to heavily involve Jefferson, but due to Sebastian being so busy with other projects they weren't able to get him on the show right away.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks SO amazing!! I wasn't sure at first either (still not sold on the title - it's awfully long!) but it looks incredible!! And I'm so thrilled that Michael Socha from Being Human U.K. is going to be in it!!

I wish we'd see more of Jefferson too, but honestly it's no fault of the writers. It's only because Sebastian is so busy with other projects that he really wouldn't be able to commit to this. Hopefully he makes some guest appearances though!

art by me&tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did everyone think of the premiere?

I liked the show, but there were some things that could have been better.

I was really hoping the CGI would be better. I feel like Once has improved each year with the CGI and I have been happy with it this season thus far. Since they did Wonderland in Jefferson's episode, I was hoping they'd have perfected it some by the time OUAT in Wonderland premiered... but not so much. Mostly it was just the landscape CGI that really bugged me. And the clouds...I couldn't concentrate on the Jafar/Red Queen scene because of those clouds. The portals, rabbit, and cat were okay. I'm hoping as the series progresses they'll get a little better with CGI like they did on Once. I wouldn't have as much issue with the CGI, but I feel like they've had more time than with the Once episodes to really get some great effects going. So I was kind of disappointed that they weren't better in the pilot episode.

I really liked the beginning with the Knave in Storybrooke. Liked the cameo with Grumpy and Ashley/Cinderella. Also liked that he almost got hit by Emma's Volkswagon. My only issue was in the continuity. If we had one little 10 second scene on Once of Emma almost hitting a guy...or Granny coming to find her diner broken into, I'd be pleased. But we haven't had anything like that so it makes it feel not canon to the original series. I feel like if you connect two shows even by a small thread, the continuity has to be there.

I'm also kind of confused about the timeline. We were in modern Storybrooke, but London seemed to be late 1800's or early 1900's. I didn't understand how the Knave seemed to be in both eras only using the Storybrooke portal.

I think we're supposed to be rooting for Alice and Cyrus, but I'm kind of shipping Alice and the Knave. He said she got him his heart back and now he seems to be trying to help her find her love and get her heart back in a sense. I just saw more potential for a ship there. I feel like the Knave loved her enough to help her find someone she thinks she loves. But in the end maybe she is supposed to realize her love for the Knave when she realizes all he has done to help her find Cyrus.

Maybe when we see more than just how she met and then lost Cyrus I'll be more interested in that ship. But for now, I'm rooting for Alice and the Knave.

I liked how they dealt with Jefferson's absence. And I liked that they featured a location in Wonderland that was familiar from Once by using Jefferson's home.

Even though the show has some issues I did enjoy it and I'll keep watching it.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the third episode had some good moments.

I liked the little bit of a cross-over with OUAT by showing us how the Knave knew Robin Hood. Also how they visited Maleficent's castle. I just wish we'd have seen Maleficent as well.

I liked their play on the forget- me -(k)not. I thought that was kind of fun and whimsical.

I also really liked the reveal that:
Spoiler:

Anastacia is the Red Queen. I got that there was some connection between the Knave and the Red Queen, but hadn't thought of her as Anastacia.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: