Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walking Dead spin-off series is officially in the works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Walking Dead spin-off series is officially in the works Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this yet, I had no idea they were thinking about doing a spin-off, so this is all new to me... I love the walking dead, and I will probably watch this spin-off, but I don't know if it's a totally a good idea... mainly because I'm afraid it might be a nail in the coffin for TWD after a while because they might put all of their efforts into the spin-off and less in the walking dead, and then after a while they might can it to work on the spin-off head on. It's just my honest opinion, and I hope it doesn't happen.

But I will check out the spin-off and hopefully it will be another show I'll love.

Quote:
AMC has announced that it is developing a companion series for The Walking Dead that is targeted to make it on air in 2015. Current Walking Dead executive producers Robert Kirkman (who also creatred the comic book on which the show is based), Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert will also work on the new series.

“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” said Kirkman in an announcement by AMC, who will also produce the series.. “The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager, added: “Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer. We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

No word yet on if the series will feature any characters and events from the comic book or introduce completely new story lines, as Kirkman’s quote seems to suggest. The Walking Dead returns with season 4 on October 13.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/16/walking-dead-spin-off/#more-144241

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH,, exciting!! I think its a great idea! They've shown with the telltale games how interesting it can be to look at different points of view during a zombie apocalypse, and it would certainly be interesting to see how a different part of the country/world reacted. Very cool!!

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: