Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Under the Dome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after only 9 days without internet/television, hundreds of people form a fight club to beat the sh*t out of each other without any of the main cast noticing?

And after 9 days, Julia finds out the guy she's screwing murdered her husband and basically tells him "okay, but don't do it again"?

I'm trying to stay positive about this show but come on! Reality needs to play a part!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Maxine and that whole storyline. It's so silly. Big Jim's rampage of killing people amuses me in a dark kindof way. It's like who is he gonna kill next week?

I agree about her not being bothered about him killing her husband because of what.. self defence? any normal person would still be completly freaked out about it regardless.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, the Maxine storyline is absurd, I still like her though, but it makes no sense that she's there.

I love Barbie and Julia as a pair but they hooked up WAY too fast. It's been 9 days and they already act like they've been together for years (cuddling on the couch, waiting up for him in bed). 9 days into Lost was (according to lostpedia) Confidence Man. :S

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS SHOW IS SO FRUSTRATING. I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHAT PROPANE IS.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?!?!???!! JULIA AND BARBIE ARE JUST TOTALLY COOL NOW??? He MURDERED her husband 9 days ago, and all she wants is to move forward WITH him?? Does she not have a reaction to the murder/murderer at all? Its okay because he was a criminal? GRRRRR. Really puts a dampener on what could be a cool ship, this just makes Julia seem really stupid.

Same with Angie, offering to make the guy who chained her to a bed in a bunker for days breakfast? All of their conversations are the same.

Angie: "something generic"
Junior: "something creepy/possessive"
Angie: "YOU KEPT ME PRISONER!"

Rinse and repeat. She should just hit the guy in the head with a shovel, but no instead she finds every chance she gets to be alone with him.

Random plug for electric cars, ftw. Pun intended.

And WTF??? Max just randomly decides to walk along the beach and just happens to find her mother?? And where the heck is Nori's other mum and why doesn't Nori seem to want to be around her? And Max goes all wimpy bitch because Barbie won't be with her?

Come on, show!! You're not helping yourself!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a week to watch this and Ive had it sitting on my ocmp that long, im guessing thats a sign as to my waning feelings on the show!

Finally Nori's other mum (whose name i dont know) gets some more screen time, i cant even remember her name which sucks because she was cool at the start and then "grieved" for the rest of the season while Nori turned into a pink star child.

its weird, the actor who plays Big Jim is on Breaking Bad which i just started watchihg and he is so good in BB, and so mediocre in Under The Dome its so weird! And junior was looking for him all night and didnt check the most central point of town? :S

My fave character is unconcious for the whole ep, another of my faves is killed, and Junior's still alive. Something drastic needs to happen in the finale. Like, everything about the show needs to improve.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when the episode summary said the secrets of the dome would be revealed, did they mean this?

"The dome was sent to protect you."
"Protect us from what?"
"You'll see in time."

Code for "we cannot believe we got picked up for a second season and had to make something up quicksmart"

This show makes no sense!!!! Its like they decided by putting a dome over the town, they can do anything and just blame the dome for the craziness :S

i will admit to squeeing an eensy bit when i saw Samantha Mathis as a guest star reminds me tho that we havent seen that pregnant lady since that random ep she showed up and gave birth.

It is so weird, i shipped Julia/Barbie before they got together lol it happened way too fast, they're acting like they've been together for years. its been 9 days and she knows he killed her husband. These are big negatives, Julia! and i dont like that she's overlooking them.

and now Jim's a preacher?? no thanks.

And why didn't Jnr remember his mother's painting of the BLACK EGG being showered in PINK STARS at the same time he remembered that other painting?

Why did Julia drop the egg into the water? Seriously, how did she come to that conclusion that it needed to be dropped into the lake or river or wherever it was?

Mildly entertaining show while it lasted, but I don't really care to watch another season of it.

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This show is very confusing. I've enjoyed watching it but sometimes I feel like I'm watching Jericho 2.0, just instead of bombs taking out the rest of the world, the dome has cut them off.

Quote:
It is so weird, i shipped Julia/Barbie before they got together lol it happened way too fast, they're acting like they've been together for years. its been 9 days and she knows he killed her husband. These are big negatives, Julia! and i dont like that she's overlooking them.

I like Julia and Barbie. But I completely agree that their relationship moved way too fast. I remember watching a couple of episodes thinking they seemed to be getting together pretty fast for her husband just dying but I thought they'd been under the dome for at least a month. Then I can't remember if it was that episode or the next one and someone gave how many days they'd been there and it hadn't been 2 weeks. I thought a month was fast for her to be moving on and then to find out it was like a week.

I also thought it was odd how little she seems to care that Barbie killed her husband. When the show started it was like she was so in love with her husband and so worried about what happened to him. But with her reaction to Barbie killing him, she must not have loved him very much after all.

The way they are handling their relationship should really have been like a 3 season arc, IMO. Season 1 Julia's husband dies, she meets and is attracted to Barbie. She finds out Barbie killed her husband and hates him
Season 2, Julia still hates Barbie but he would start to show he was a good guy deep down. Then season 3 she could forgive him and they get together.

Quote:
And why didn't Jnr remember his mother's painting of the BLACK EGG being showered in PINK STARS at the same time he remembered that other painting?

I had that same thought when Big Jim pulled out the egg painting. I also wondered why Big Jim remembered the egg painting, but not the one of Junior surrounded by pink stars that Junior showed Angie.

I don't care much for Junior. He makes no sense. He hates his dad and thinks he's a liar. Then he's the only one Junior trusts. He's so wishy washy. It is no wonder Junior is crazy when you see the way Big Jim is.

Quote:
Why did Julia drop the egg into the water? Seriously, how did she come to that conclusion that it needed to be dropped into the lake or river or wherever it was?

I did not understand that part at all. The only thing I could figure out was maybe she thought if she dropped it in the lake it would not be possessed by any one person to have to hide it. If someone wanted it they would have to scour the lake for it.

I have a small theory about the Monarch mystery. First the butterfly seemed to choose Barbie, but then when Julia picked up the egg it chose her. I think maybe Barbie and Julia will have a child and that child is the real monarch. That is why the butterfly seemed to choose Barbie, then Julia. That would make sense of the egg in the dome, since eggs are synonymous with birth. When the butterfly came to Julia it landed on the egg, not her. If they do have a child, that would make some sense out of why they are pushing the Julia/Barbie relationship along so quickly.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was annoyed by the penultimate episode because of a few reasons, one was Barbie admitting he loved Julia after only 2 weeks, and the other was Big Jim killing Dodie after Kat and I had just discussed that she seemed to be the only female character with her head screwed on!

But anyway, this finale. It's like the creators have a cool idea but they can't really produce it very well. I thought the end bit was cool, but it was more appealing to the "oooh, that's pretty! What's happening!?" side of my brain without really producing any good reason behind what the heck it meant. Like Kat said, it was more like they were trying to create something that would keep the audience hooked for the next season. But it was pretty obvious nothing would happen because...season 2 of Under the Dome! So obviously they don't escape it! This format just doesn't work for more than one season, what were they thinking? And we got no answers apart from that the dome is protecting them! From what? Do I have to sit around for another 10-13 eps just to find that out? And there's no justice for the characters that Big Jim has killed/abused!

I don't know. I didn't hate it but it wasn't that great either. There's so many small things that are dumb too. I'm still chuckling at "Angie would never forget when he used to hide in the cement factory!" It sounds so forced, lol. Anyway, out of all the shows that deserved a season two this was not one of them!! I reckon it will crash and burn in season 2 which is a shame because this could have been good.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers if you haven't seen the season 3 premiere.

That was a really confusing premiere episode.

I figured out it was an alt universe right away, but it still didn't make a lot of sense. It sort of felt like Lost's Sideways world gone awry.

It seems like the Dome and the monarch butterflies have turned on the dome residents.

I have so many questions.
Why is Melanie evil now?
Where in the world did Barbie's AU girlfriend come from? Or the therapist lady? Why did the dome bring them in from the AU world?
Why is Hunter working against Barbie, trying to hide the truth about the AU world?

I was glad to see they woke from their "cocoons".

I'm still rooting for Julia and Barbie, because they're my favorites.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I like where we are heading this season.
It's almost like all those who were in the cocoons are almost possessed by the dome.

Why were they staring to the sky at the end? Are they some kind of alien? Are they like weird butterfly people?

I still don't think this is a dome, I think they're in a giant egg.

I was glad that we found out who the new people really are, that they were anthropologists. But I still don't understand why they were looking for the egg.

Why is it that Joe doesn't seem as affected by the cocoon experience?

It kind of surprises me that Julia is on the outs with these people. She was the one who took in the kids and helped them out. She kept their secret when they were the 4 hands. She was the one who could touch the egg and it didn't seem to effect her when she dropped it in the lake. I always felt like she had a lot of power with the dome, but it seems to have turned on her.

I like that Big Jim got a dog.

I think we're going to see Jim, Julia, and Joe team up later in the season to break the dome's hold over the other residents.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: