Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Some Nights" by cappy (Orange Is The New Black)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: "Some Nights" by cappy (Orange Is The New Black) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Some Nights" 08-11-2013
An ensemble tribute to the Litchfield inmates. Many thanks to littletonpace who inspired me to watch this show and helped me to find clips for this vid.
Fandom: Orange Is The New Black
Song: Some Nights by Fun
Vidder: cappy
Length: 3:10 (12.1MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xre9WNGsLM
https://vimeo.com/72153783

MyCatz2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Some Nights by cappy Reply with quote

This show is the best and so is this video!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw, im so glad i inspired you to watch the show! and its awesome that you can vid it now I loved this vid, showing all the girls dancing and hugging and stuff was so great, and what a perfect song for this show! You matched each lyric to perfection! seriously great job!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect song choice and editing! It was emotional, sweet, funny and endearing! I loved it!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Some Nights by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Catz2, Nikki and littleton. It's great to see the OitNB vids you've been posting too. Hopefully our efforts will get more people watching and thus create more vids. With this vid, I really wanted to show off the fun and the friendships which is the only form of escape these women have. I fear the song might be overused but the lyrics fit so well, I couldn't resist.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Some Nights by cappy Reply with quote

Awesome job! Loved your lyric interpretation!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Some Nights by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks very much for watching and reviewing, emma.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeee, such a great vid, cappy!!
I love how you managed to show both, good and bad moments of the inmates and there were so many of my favourite moments from OITNB in your vid!

I think my favourite part was the first this is it boy, this is war - why don't we break the rules already? with the inmates trying to scare the young delinquents and Daya/Bennett (ha, spot on!!). And yes, I even got a little teary-eyed during some parts, like Suzanne breaking down or seeing young Trish to the line I missed my mom and dad for this?

I'm sure I'll find even more when I watch your vid a few more times!

Great work!

PS: I forgot to mention that I love that you used the Piper/chicken scene at the end of the vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Some Nights by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Kaja! I was really worried about the ending, because the Piper/chicken clips is already getting used a LOT in OitNB fanvids. But also because I cut the song short and used that final sequence just as a bridge to an ending. I was worried both the audio cutting and the clips themselves would feel clumsily tagged on. So I appreciate that you like that part!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Some Nights by cappy Reply with quote

That was really nicely done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: