Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Song of Ice and Fire - Book 6 & 7 speculations (spoile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: A Song of Ice and Fire - Book 6 & 7 speculations (spoile Reply with quote

Julia, Paul and whoever else is reading George Martin's saga:
I thought I could start a new threat where we can discuss the books and speculate about what may or may not happen in book 6 and 7.

There's a SPOILER warning here, obviously, for the previous five books of ASoIaF!

So, umm, I believe that the saga will result in a big Dragons vs. White Walkers - fire vs. ice - scenario where the Houses of Westeros will have to lay their quarrels aside and unite under one leader (Dany?) in order to survive.

I think I'd like to see Seven Kingdoms again by the end of the saga, with Dany being the overall ruler who brought them all together.

It could look like this:

Overall ruler: Daenerys Targaryen
The Kingdom of the North: Jon Snow or Bran Stark? (I'd rather have Jon remaining the Lord Commander of the Wall though)
The Kingdom of Vale and Sky: Sansa Stark
Kingdom of the Rock: Tyrion Lannister
Kingdom of the Isles and Rivers: Asha or Victarion Greyjoy
Kingdom of the Reach: Margaery Tyrell
Kingdom of the Stormlands: Stannis Baratheon
Dorne: Arianne Martell or Aegon Targaryen?

I don't know if that's likely to happen but I like the idea since a lot of characters would deserve to get a good ending and some share of the power.

Some other, random theories:

- Yes, Jon Snow is definitely still alive. I strongly believe that! His story isn't finished yet! I'm not sure if his true parentage will be revealed though and I don't think it really matters anymore because even IF the Rhaegar/Lyanna theory is true, he'd still be a bastard because Rhaegar and Lyanna were not married and he'd have no legacy to the throne.
I prefer the idea of Septa Lemore turning out to be Ashara Dayne and Jon's mother, with Ned really being Jon's father.

Moreover, a lot of people want to see him & Dany getting together, but I find the idea of Jon marrying his aunt rather disturbing if he turned out to be R'n'Ls son

- Sandor Clegane is definitely alive and will return in book 6 or 7. A lot of people believe that he'll be the Faith's champion against UnGregor and will finally kill his much hated brother but I came to the conclusion that I don't think that's what'll happen... because it'll destroy the whole point of placing Sandor with the Brothers on the Quiet Isles and of killing "The Hound" and gentleing his rage. I'd rather see Sandor on a Saving-Sansa-from-Littlecreeper-mission... maybe with Brienne, Jaime and Pod... or Brynden Tully? *fangirl thinking*

- I think that we may get a lot of soap-operish moments concerning parentage - I hope not, but I think it may happen - so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: Tyrion is a Targaryen and Brienne is Sandor and Gregor Clegane's half-sister.
There, I said it. Now you can bash me!!

- Varys has been a Targaryen supporter all along and may even have Targaryen blood himself??

- I don't know why people keep saying that Aegon is a fraud?? I don't believe it!

- Jaime Lannister is the Valonqar and will kill Cersei

... I still have plenty more ideas, especially on the prophecies, but that's quite a lot for now.

So, your ideas and thoughts??
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Julia, Paul and whoever else is reading George Martin's saga:
I thought I could start a new threat where we can discuss the books and speculate about what may or may not happen in book 6 and 7.

Cool! I love to discuss theories and speculate.

Quote:
So, umm, I believe that the saga will result in a big Dragons vs. White Walkers - fire vs. ice - scenario where the Houses of Westeros will have to lay their quarrels aside and unite under one leader (Dany?) in order to survive.

I think I'd like to see Seven Kingdoms again by the end of the saga, with Dany being the overall ruler who brought them all together.

I think it will definitely come down to fire vs ice, I'm just not sure in what way that will play out. "Ice" could be representative of The Others/Whitewalkers, the Wildlings, north of the wall in general, Jon Snow, the Starks, or the Stark's north. "Fire" could be Dany and her dragons, the Targaryens in general (especially if there turn out to be more than just Dany), just the dragons, Melisandre, the Lord of Light, or south of the wall in general if it is united under R'hllor or a Targaryen.

Or, "Fire and Ice" could simply mean R'hllor and The Other, whose name cannot be spoken. I don't really have any thoughts/feelings about how it will all play out. At this point, though, I really do not see Bran returning to Winterfell or to any human task. I think they've been pretty clear about what his future holds. Maybe he will refuse that path, but I think it unlikely. I think it is much more likely at this point that Rickon will inherit Winterfell. I don't really think Sansa will become the Lady of the Vale unless she really does marry Harry the Heir, but I wouldn't want that unless she'd be happy in that capacity. I think I'd rather see her return to Winterfell and be the Lady of Winterfell, ruling it until Rickon comes of age. I think Sansa is supposed to be nine years older than Rickon in the books, so she would get a fair amount of ruling time under her belt before she has to hand over the reigns, then she could settle happily with whoever she wants.

Quote:
- Yes, Jon Snow is definitely still alive. I strongly believe that! His story isn't finished yet! I'm not sure if his true parentage will be revealed though and I don't think it really matters anymore because even IF the Rhaegar/Lyanna theory is true, he'd still be a bastard because Rhaegar and Lyanna were not married and he'd have no legacy to the throne.
I prefer the idea of Septa Lemore turning out to be Ashara Dayne and Jon's mother, with Ned really being Jon's father.

I agree that Jon is probably alive, but I'm not sure in what capacity. There has been such a big deal made about warging, I just don't believe that's so we could see some guy spying on the Night's Watch as an eagle. I really believe Jon may have "saved himself" by warging into Ghost (also: I feel the pup's name may be foreshadowing of this fact) and maybe he will eventually be able to warg into/control another body, but who knows at this point. I am kind of starting to wonder if Cold Hands could be someone (Benjen?) warged into an Other. Either way, I think "Regular Jon Snow" is done.

At this point I doubt his parentage will come into play, either. I have a feeling that was a "coal in the fire" that GRRM decided not to run with.

Quote:
Moreover, a lot of people want to see him & Dany getting together, but I find the idea of Jon marrying his aunt rather disturbing if he turned out to be R'n'Ls son

Agreed!

Quote:
- Sandor Clegane is definitely alive and will return in book 6 or 7. A lot of people believe that he'll be the Faith's champion against UnGregor and will finally kill his much hated brother but I came to the conclusion that I don't think that's what'll happen... because it'll destroy the whole point of placing Sandor with the Brothers on the Quiet Isles and of killing "The Hound" and gentleing his rage. I'd rather see Sandor on a Saving-Sansa-from-Littlecreeper-mission... maybe with Brienne, Jaime and Pod... or Brynden Tully? *fangirl thinking*

Yes, I definitely feel GRRM was pretty clear that the QI novice is in fact Sandor. I do think he will end up fighting his brother, but I don't think that will completely undo the work the priests have done. In fact, I think it would be rather dramatic if they put all that work into turning him away from violence only to have to beg him to return to it. The point is that he can choose to fight for the side of good for a change, and then if he wins and survives (which I think he will), he can walk away and truly be free of all of it. That's just my feeling, though. I don't really expect we'll see him trying to cross paths with Sansa before that, but I do very much hope that when he does, he will team up with Brienne and, dare I hope it, Pod. I feel like they have sort of built up toward that inevitability, because Brienne loves to voice her hatred for The Hound, and it would be interesting for her to have to set that aside. I think that would be almost as much fun (almost, but not quite) as the banter between Jaime and Brienne.

Quote:
- I think that we may get a lot of soap-operish moments concerning parentage - I hope not, but I think it may happen - so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: Tyrion is a Targaryen and Brienne is Sandor and Gregor Clegane's half-sister.
There, I said it. Now you can bash me!!

Awww, I could never bash you! Even if we were on the exact opposite sides of an issue. I rather agree here as well. I do think it's possible that Tyrion could be a Targaryen, and I do also think it's possible that Brienne is a Clegane.

Quote:

- Varys has been a Targaryen supporter all along and may even have Targaryen blood himself??

I wholly believe he is a Blackfyre.

Quote:
- I don't know why people keep saying that Aegon is a fraud?? I don't believe it!

I don't, either. That would be an awfully long way for GRRM to go for what amounts to nothing. I think he's real, but I'm not sure how that will play out.

Quote:
- Jaime Lannister is the Valonqar and will kill Cersei

Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

I kind of think this prophecy has already played out. If you take it metaphorically, at least.

From a literal place it sounds like all three kids will be crowned and die on the throne, before Cersei (thus her drowning in tears), and then the "little brother" will kill her. That would mean Tommen has to die and then Myrcella has to inherit the throne from Tommen and then die.

But from a metaphorical place, I think the "golden crowns" are just their hair, and the "golden shrouds" are just gold for Lannister. So I don't think Myrcella will be crowned/rule. In fact--I think her being covered by a Lannister gold shroud in death is merely reference to the fact that she will die unmarried (which makes sense now that she is hideously scarred). The prophecy doesn't specifically say that Cersei's tears will be because her children are dead, though it is implied. But I think she has already "lost" Tommen and Myrcella as much as she lost Joffrey. Because Tommen is firmly in the grip of the Tyrells, and Myrcella is "damaged" and has no value in terms of being on the throne. In that sense, Cersei has already lost everything. And--though he did not literally use his hands to wrap them around her neck and kill her--I believe that Jaime signed her death warrant by not coming to her aid in King's Landing. So, yeah, he was the valonqar alright! I don't think he needs to do anything further for him to fulfill this prophecy, but it will be interesting if he does.

That's all from me for now! <3
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire - Book 6 & 7 speculations (sp Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

So, your ideas and thoughts??

I get the sense that the Lord of Light religion will turn out to be a good thing after all and it will be Lord of Light versus the Others led by Stannis and Victarion. Perhaps Moqorro, Victarion's red priest will end up killing Melisandre to free Stannis from her clutches. Theon to hook up with Victarion.

In the end Dany wll blow the horn and bring down the Wall and the wildlings and all the creatures from beyond will be welcomed into the realm.

Tyrion to end up Dany's main confidant and end up having some Targarean blood himself, like you said. Brienne to join Dany as one of her generals.

Lady Stoneheart to reject meeting her children again because she can't face them.

People to die:

- Melisandre
- Littlefinger
- Aegon
- Jaime (saddens me to say it but I think he could die by the end of the series)
- Cersei

What part do you think the children of the forest will have? They going to end up helping against the Others?

Love both of your thoughts by the way They have my brain ticking over.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At this point, though, I really do not see Bran returning to Winterfell or to any human task. I think they've been pretty clear about what his future holds. Maybe he will refuse that path, but I think it unlikely. I think it is much more likely at this point that Rickon will inherit Winterfell. I don't really think Sansa will become the Lady of the Vale unless she really does marry Harry the Heir, but I wouldn't want that unless she'd be happy in that capacity. I think I'd rather see her return to Winterfell and be the Lady of Winterfell, ruling it until Rickon comes of age. I think Sansa is supposed to be nine years older than Rickon in the books, so she would get a fair amount of ruling time under her belt before she has to hand over the reigns, then she could settle happily with whoever she wants.

Pretty much agree to everything you've said, Julia
I agree that Bran will NOT return to Winterfell / the human world anymore. And ugh, I sure don't want Sansa/Harry!!! Even if he is a nice guy, I think it would destory everything that GRRM has been working towards in Sansa's character development, i.e. being coaxed by a pretty faced prince-/knight-type of character. I just don't see it happening. I think it'll either be Sansa/Sandor or Sansa/NO ONE *lol*

Quote:
I agree that Jon is probably alive, but I'm not sure in what capacity. There has been such a big deal made about warging, I just don't believe that's so we could see some guy spying on the Night's Watch as an eagle. I really believe Jon may have "saved himself" by warging into Ghost (also: I feel the pup's name may be foreshadowing of this fact) and maybe he will eventually be able to warg into/control another body, but who knows at this point. I am kind of starting to wonder if Cold Hands could be someone (Benjen?) warged into an Other. Either way, I think "Regular Jon Snow" is done.

Ohhhh, the Coldhands (Benjen?)/warg theory is really interesting!!! I never thought of that but I think that's entirely possible!
And yes, I agree that we are done with Jon Snow as we knew him so far. I'm dying to see what GRRM will come up with!!!

Quote:
At this point I doubt his parentage will come into play, either. I have a feeling that was a "coal in the fire" that GRRM decided not to run with.

I wouldn't be too sad about it... I think a lot of readers are too obsessed with that part of Jon's story. He's been through so much and he has grown so much as a character and he's become a true leader... why does his parentage still matter, I wonder? A part of me, I think, actually wants him to be Ned's son and Sansa's, Arya's, Bran's and Rickon's half-brother <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Yes, I definitely feel GRRM was pretty clear that the QI novice is in fact Sandor. I do think he will end up fighting his brother, but I don't think that will completely undo the work the priests have done. In fact, I think it would be rather dramatic if they put all that work into turning him away from violence only to have to beg him to return to it. The point is that he can choose to fight for the side of good for a change, and then if he wins and survives (which I think he will), he can walk away and truly be free of all of it. That's just my feeling, though. I don't really expect we'll see him trying to cross paths with Sansa before that, but I do very much hope that when he does, he will team up with Brienne and, dare I hope it, Pod. I feel like they have sort of built up toward that inevitability, because Brienne loves to voice her hatred for The Hound, and it would be interesting for her to have to set that aside. I think that would be almost as much fun (almost, but not quite) as the banter between Jaime and Brienne.

LOVE all your thoughts on that!!!
And - YES, YES, YES!! - I so hope for a crossing of Sandor's and Brienne's paths! That would be SO interesting to see!!!

Quote:
I don't, either. That would be an awfully long way for GRRM to go for what amounts to nothing. I think he's real, but I'm not sure how that will play out.

I don't think that Aegon will survive, to be honest.

Quote:
I get the sense that the Lord of Light religion will turn out to be a good thing after all

I agree with you, Paul!
GRRM never seems to get tired of mentioning that Melisandre is the most misunderstood character in the saga - so I think that must be a pointer. Besides, I think it's supposed to mirror what happened in our own history and all over Europe in the past: People used to whorship more than one God in the past, but slowly the Christianization began to take over in most of Europe... so yeah, I have a strong feeling that GRRM might want to mirror that as he has already mirrored so many other historical events in asoiaf (War of Roses etc.).

Quote:
Lady Stoneheart to reject meeting her children again because she can't face them.

I'm REALLY curious to see where LS's story is headed. I kinda like the idea of LS sacrifying herself - and thus dying a final death - in order to save one of her children.
ZOMG!!!! Maybe even Jon.... in some twisted subplot????

I think I must've posted a list to Julia at some point of people that I think will be dead before the end of the saga. I'll have to check if I can find it somewhere... but it was HUGE!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things happened in tonight's episode (S3E09) that definitely left me wondering what they mean in relation to the books, especially knowing the show runners are well aware of where the books are headed.

1) Death of Talisa

I was really buying into the theories about Jeyne Westerling being pregnant with Robb's heir, switched with her sister, and whisked away into hiding. I guess we don't know what motivated the Westerlings to participate in the Red Wedding in the first place--although I assume it's because their House is bankrupt--so even though Tywin gave them Castamere for their help in the downfall of House Stark, maybe if Sybell's contraceptive potions didn't work and Jeyne was pregnant, they would see Winterfell as a more lucrative option and set their sights on hiding Jeyne away until Robb's heir is born so they can claim Winterfell and rule it in his stead until he comes of age. That would make them much more rich and powerful than merely ruling over the ruined halls of Castamere or simply being the in-laws to an un-anointed king.

So, when Talisa turned up pregnant, I thought for sure that was confirmation of Jeyne's pregnancy in the books--even though the Westerlings aren't part of the show. But with Talisa and Robb's heir now dead, it definitely seems to negate any further impact/importance Jeyne Westerling might have in the books.

2) Orell warging into his eagle when he died

In the books, Orell was already warged into his eagle when he died, but in the show he wasn't warging, and then it seemed like he warged into the eagle as he was dying. I firmly believe that this same method is what will save Jon Snow at the end of book five, so I kind of felt like this might be foreshadowing--showing us that a warg *can* slip into an animal's body even in the midst of death.

3) Arya's going to put a knife in Sandor's eye and out the back of his skull

Arya meant that, and I believe she will keep her word, even if it is a long way down the road. :'(
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, Julia:

1.) Talisa/Jeyne

I agree with you that Jeyne's storyline will not be important in the books anymore (because it'll turn out that she's not pregnant after all and thus not interesting for any of the warring parties) or she'll end up being dead or getting killed as well.

2.) Jon - Orell

Yes, it's definitely an option although personally, I wouldn't entirely dismiss Melisandre bringing him back to life as an option (see that scene with Berric, Melisandre and Thoros discussing Berric's rebirths.

3.) Arya & Sandor
Oh my God, yes!! I'm so freaking worried about this!!!!
I still want to wait and see what happens before Sandor's "death", but I'm so scared and worried that this is what will happen on the long run!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finished reading A Dance with Dragons....

I'd LOVE to see Sansa as Lady of the Vale!!! That's a possibility I never considered, and since I really want Bran or Rickon as Lord of Winterfell, but I still want Sansa with some power, her in the Vale would really be great!!

I do not think Jaime is going to die in the series. He said early on that he'd rather be dead than a cripple, and since now he's lost his hand, I think he's going to have to live on with that. I have a similar theory with Loras Tyrell - at this point I don't think he's going to die since he sustained his injuries for so long, but he's going to have some serious burn scars and he certainly won't be known as the most handsome knight in the realm anymore. (On that note, does anyone else find the similarities between Jaime and Loras super interesting?? Or is that just me because I have an inexplicable adoration for Loras Tyrell? )

About Jon Snow...I don't know, his "death" scene reminded me a lot of Catelyn's in the way it was done - in that we had his point of view up until the very end. However, as we know, Catelyn has returned in the form of Lady Stoneheart, so perhaps there's hope we'll see Jon again. But somehow, since I know GRRM does have a tendency to kill characters we expect to survive, I think Jon is gone. That makes me really sad, considering he was planning on riding to Winterfell and maybe trying to take down the Boltons, but that's how this series rolls. Sets characters up for a cool storyline, then kills them.

What do you guys think of Arya's storyline? She seems to be following through on what was set up when she met Jaqen H'ghar. I think she's going to come back with a vengeance and go after everyone on her "kill list." Either that, or she'll have a change of heart and realize that killing everyone isn't the way to go. Something I thought was interesting when I was watching the show - Tywin told Arya that she reminded him of his daughter. And then I was thinking to myself that I don't think anyone in the series has as much hate in their heart as Arya Stark does - with the possible exception of Cersei Lannister. I don't think there's some deep meaning there, but I do think it's an interesting parallel.

What about Dany?? Where can she go from here? Obviously she has to get back to Westeros - I will accept no one else on the Iron Throne! - but I don't know how she's going to GET there at this point. I don't think she'll have much support from Meereen, and while she does have her freedmen and Unsullied and what's left of her khalasar, she's also just been found by the other Khal - so I don't know what's going to happen with her!
(The romantic in me kind of hopes Daario rides out to save her. But Dany is awfully good at saving herself. )

You guys have all posed some intriguing questions. I'll probably come back and post some more thoughts after I have more a chance to think things over. Mostly there's just been a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on my part just because I've finished the series, and that makes me sad.

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
So I finished reading A Dance with Dragons....
YAY! I'm so excited you're done! Welcome to the club! LOL!

Spoiler texted because it's long with the quotes--not because of spoilers. LOL!

Spoiler:

Quote:
I'd LOVE to see Sansa as Lady of the Vale!!! That's a possibility I never considered, and since I really want Bran or Rickon as Lord of Winterfell, but I still want Sansa with some power, her in the Vale would really be great!!

I guess I just read Bran's storyline much differently than most people, because I just don't see him in a position as mundane as Lord of Winterfell when he's so far beyond the wall, so deep into his greenseeing that he see into the past through the weirwoods, and can warg into both man and beast. I also thought at some point that the three-eyed-crow/root man had implied that Bran would be taking over for him. (Not sure if I interpreted that wrong?) Either way, I feel he will be instrumental in bringing on the summer.

I think of all of them, Rickon and Sansa have the best chance of ruling Winterfell. However, I have my doubts about Sansa...

I've said before that I think the names the kids chose for their direwolves are prophetic. I noticed in the first book that Ned thinks about how Jon said there was a pup for each of his kids, and about how Summer saved Bran, and that if the Gods sent these direwolves to his children, what folly did he commit by letting Robert force him to kill Sansa's direwolf. That just felt, to me, like a giant underline to their significance. I think that Jon will warg into Ghost, which makes his name rather appropriate. I think that Arya will return to Westeros as a warrior, which works for Nymeria (although--it just struck me how very Nymeria Dany would be if she ever makes it to Westeros). I think that Bran will bring on the summer--hence Summer, and that Rickon will return after years of wandering in the wild with Osha. (Shaggy like his Shaggy Dog) And I think that Lady's death goes along with Sansa's shattered fairytale arc. She would have been a lady--in fact a queen--but now maybe not so much. I would love to see her as Lady of Winterfell in her own right, but if she's the Lady of the Vale, I think that can only happen through marriage. And unless Harry Hardyng turns out to be amazing (so far his reputation suggests otherwise), then I don't want that.

I can't really suss out a lot of meaning from Grey Wind, though, except that the words seem kind of suggestive of power and death.

Quote:
I do not think Jaime is going to die in the series. He said early on that he'd rather be dead than a cripple, and since now he's lost his hand, I think he's going to have to live on with that.
Ooo, great catch! I agree!

Quote:
I have a similar theory with Loras Tyrell - at this point I don't think he's going to die since he sustained his injuries for so long, but he's going to have some serious burn scars and he certainly won't be known as the most handsome knight in the realm anymore. (On that note, does anyone else find the similarities between Jaime and Loras super interesting?? Or is that just me because I have an inexplicable adoration for Loras Tyrell? )

Ahh... true! Another great point. Also, I do find those similarities to be interesting!

Quote:
About Jon Snow...I don't know, his "death" scene reminded me a lot of Catelyn's in the way it was done - in that we had his point of view up until the very end. However, as we know, Catelyn has returned in the form of Lady Stoneheart, so perhaps there's hope we'll see Jon again. But somehow, since I know GRRM does have a tendency to kill characters we expect to survive, I think Jon is gone. That makes me really sad, considering he was planning on riding to Winterfell and maybe trying to take down the Boltons, but that's how this series rolls. Sets characters up for a cool storyline, then kills them.

I vacillate on this one. Most days I think he'll warg into Ghost and either just warg into whoever suits his needs at any given moment, or maybe Melisandre can bring him back and he'll be ok (unlike Cat) since Ghost acted as sort of a holding area for his soul. I do think it's important that his last words were "Ghost." Then again, you're right... you never know what to expect with GRRM.

Quote:
What do you guys think of Arya's storyline? She seems to be following through on what was set up when she met Jaqen H'ghar. I think she's going to come back with a vengeance and go after everyone on her "kill list." Either that, or she'll have a change of heart and realize that killing everyone isn't the way to go. Something I thought was interesting when I was watching the show - Tywin told Arya that she reminded him of his daughter. And then I was thinking to myself that I don't think anyone in the series has as much hate in their heart as Arya Stark does - with the possible exception of Cersei Lannister. I don't think there's some deep meaning there, but I do think it's an interesting parallel.

Interesting thought about the Cersei/Arya parallel. This past season I paid a lot more attention to things that they added, because I think that since they know a little something about where all of this is headed, that's probably bound to find its way into the script when they make changes/condense things. I sort of wonder if this was one of them--like, maybe it's a sign that their paths will cross again.

Quote:
What about Dany?? Where can she go from here? Obviously she has to get back to Westeros - I will accept no one else on the Iron Throne! - but I don't know how she's going to GET there at this point. I don't think she'll have much support from Meereen, and while she does have her freedmen and Unsullied and what's left of her khalasar, she's also just been found by the other Khal - so I don't know what's going to happen with her!
(The romantic in me kind of hopes Daario rides out to save her. But Dany is awfully good at saving herself. )

That is such a good question! TBH, I have such a love/hate relationship with Dany's storyline. I adore her and most of what she's done, and I recognize that much of what she's been through is important to her long-term cause, but at the same time there has been such a slow movement toward Westeros, and right now it just seems totally stalled. I feel like the only way she can get to Westeros in the next book is if, for whatever reason, the Khal just happens to be like, "Oh, hey! Cool! You again! You have dragons now! Let's be BFFs and I'll take you across the sea with my men as your army!" However, I feel like the reality is that this will be her "all is lost" moment, and maybe for the first time ever, it's going to have to be someone else who saves her. If Tyrion can pull it together, he might be just the man for the job, with all his negotiating skills and such. But whatever happens, it could take up the entire next book.

Quote:
You guys have all posed some intriguing questions. I'll probably come back and post some more thoughts after I have more a chance to think things over. Mostly there's just been a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on my part just because I've finished the series, and that makes me sad.

Yes, DO come back! We love to talk about it. Speculating is the only thing that keeps me sane between seasons and while waiting for book six!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually do agree with you about Bran, Julia. I would personally LIKE to see him as Lord of Winterfell just cuz I'd like to see him go home and I want to be sure Winterfell is in the hands of the Starks (this business with the Boltons just ain't cutting it!) but I also don't think that'll happen. Bran has bigger things on his horizon.

That's a really great point about the direwolves names!!! I never really thought about that, but I think you're onto something! That does make me wonder if there's more to Jon's "death" than meets the eye.

Sansa's storyline breaks my heart. I just want her to be happy in the end!!

I am with you about Dany's storyline too. I love her to pieces and I love her story, it just moves soooo slowly. And I was really frustrated in A Dance with Dragons with how she seemed to have decided to put off going to Westeros. I don't understand why she thinks being queen of Meereen is such a good idea. Westeros NEEDS a ruler like her. Aside from the fact that I find Stannis painfully boring, I also don't think he's fit to rule. He wasn't raised to be a king - he wasn't raised in court. He doesn't know what he should be doing, and he only wants to be king because he thinks it's his duty. With Dany, it's her right, and she's been preparing for this her whole life, basically. She's proven herself to be a great ruler. She needs to move to Westeros now. She needs to move to Westeros, like, three books ago.

On a similar note, I don't think Stannis will survive the series. All the kings are dying. Stannis ought to be next. (Perhaps it's just me, but I kind of read the series as a bit of a dismantling of the patriarchy. All the kings dying is certainly part of that. )

....Not to keep harping about Loras Tyrell.... I know he's not probably super important in the long run but I have an unfortunate tendency to love the most minor characters... But I had a thought. Once again it's not really going anywhere, my mind just tends to draw parallels wherever I can. A product of my English major, I suppose. Anywho, as soon as we heard that Loras had been injured because of boiling oil being dumped on him, I couldn't help thinking of Sandor Clegane, and what this might represent in terms of Sansa's storyline. Both those men have been important to her in terms of what she makes of them in her head, and I think it goes back to the "shattered fairytale" you mentioned, Julia. Loras, in Sansa's mind, was this wonderful, honorable, knight in shining armor for her. And the Hound was this terrifying creature who she was also drawn to in some way or another, but the way he looked always frightened and repulsed her. Now, we know that the Loras in Sansa's mind isn't much like the real Loras at all, but since I do think Loras is going to live on covered in burn scars, I just find that intriguing and probably not accidental. Now he looks more like the Hound. I hope he and Sansa cross paths again because even though it would absolutely break her heart, I'd love to see how she'd react to this.

Now I promise I'll stop babbling about things that probably aren't all that important in the long run. I WILL say this - I'm really hoping we get the POV of one of the Tyrells before the series ends! I feel like we've gotten the POV of at least one person from almost all the major houses. I'd really love to see Margaery or Loras's POV.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: