Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beta request thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Beta request thread Reply with quote

Are you looking for someone to beta your current vid? Well, here's the place where you can make your request!

Since different people have different ideas of what a beta should and shouldn't do, it might be helpful to mention what sort of beta'ing you're looking for when you make your request:

Do you want someone just to look your vid over for minor technical issues like stray frames, continuity of effects (such as one clip still accidentally still in color in the middle of a bunch of black and white ones), a missed beat or the like? Or are you looking for more detailed, major beta work -- somebody to help you make sure your story is understandable, to make clip suggestions or to question places where the effects/transitions/etc. don't seem to work as well as they could? Are you looking ONLY for positive feedback or are you looking for both the positive and the negative?

I've found it's best to let people know ahead of time what sort of beta you're looking for, especially if you really just want the "minor" sort and not the "major." (As somebody who has had that happen once, I always make sure I know ahead of time what sort of beta somebody is asking me for, so not to give them the "major" kind when all they want is "minor." )

Hopefully you'll find exactly the beta you need to help your vid be the best it possibly can! And who knows? Maybe you'll even make a new friend!
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Beta request thread Reply with quote

perfect timing. ok im completely new to vidding so i know my first videos will suck so i'm not looking for someone to just give the positives. i'd like to know if i'm doing something that works but mostly i want to know where im making mistakes, or where my video is coming off confusing/bland/too chaotic etc and things for improvement )

the thing i'm working on now is the july contest video. so anyone who wouldn't mind being a beta for that i'd appreciate it until then i use my bro but he sux on that, his attention spans only big enough for xbox games.

so yea i'm basically looking for this for now

Aislynn wrote:
looking for more detailed, major beta work -- somebody to help you make sure your story is understandable, to make clip suggestions or to question places where the effects/transitions/etc. don't seem to work as well as they could
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey--this is great, I thought a thread like this would be awesome!

So basically this is what I have, A nearly half finished Sawyer and Juliet video, and this is what I'm looking for. I need someone to really comb through what I have and look for anything that is wrong with it. I'm looking for positive and negative feedback, as I'm really wanting to improve my vidding skills. I'm a little out of pratice, I've only made a couple of videos since I've gotten my computer back, so I'm a little rusty. So anyone that can help me out, that would be great.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a major beta---just PM if you're interested.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just about done with a vid (first actual vid in a while!) and I'm looking for a beta to keep an eye out for such things as beat use, voiceover clarity, and general cohesion.

INFORMATION ABOUT VID:
Source: The Vampire Diaries
Characters/Ship: Katherine/Elijah
Length: 2:00
Notes: Spoilers through 4x18, some S2 knowledge of them necessary as well

*crosses fingers for a response*

Thanks in advance!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia is great at being a beta; she tells you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. Which I need as a vidder. I need someone who is going to be brutally honest; not someone who's going to tell me they like my vid; when in reality there's problems with it.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
Julia is great at being a beta; she tells you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. Which I need as a vidder. I need someone who is going to be brutally honest; not someone who's going to tell me they like my vid; when in reality there's problems with it.

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for the recommendation. I will PM Julia (eloramoon, right? I just want to make sure) and ask if she'd be generous enough to give me her time and advice. Thanks again for responding to this dead thread.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's who she is. Sorry I should have included that.

Your welcome. I
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm looking for a beta to look over technical aspects of a vid I'm making for the LVI July challenge.

INFORMATION ABOUT VID:
Source: The Vampire Diaries/The Originals
Characters/Ship: Klaus, etc.
Length: 0:50
Notes: Spoilers through 4x20 of TVD

Thank you in advance!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: