Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (Season 3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*long traumatized shuddering sigh*

Spoiler:

No amount of knowing what's going to happen can prepare you for that, I think. It was very well done. The two things I most wanted to see: the part where Catelyn realizes Edwyn Frey is wearing chainmail, and "Jaime Lannister sends his regards", both made it in, and I was so relieved they changed "Jaime" to "the Lannisters" and really loved it being Roose wearing the chainmail. The looks that passed between him and Catelyn were epic. Ugh, so hard to watch, though. And Grey Wind.

Loved the Sandor/Arya scenes--especially the look on his face when she clubs the poor old man. Still laughing about that. I was glad they kept in the part where he clubs her to save her from the slaughter.

The Bran scenes were amazing. Loved how they handled him warging into Hodor, and the goodbye between him, Osha, and Rickon was heartbreaking. Natalia Tena (I couldn't remember her name--I love that I could just type "Tonks" into Google and it came up ) has made me quite fond of Osha. I doubt we'll get to see her adventures with Rickon, in which case I'll miss her a lot.

Sam and Gilly. <3

I was a *little* disappointed with the Yunkai scenes, but I know it would have been impossible to show them taking down the city. So in light of that fact, I thought it was handled well. Poor Jorah, though. Also: I loved how gently Dany spoke to Grey Worm when she asked if he trusted Daario.

I can't believe next week is the finale already. Gah!

Ok--I'm headed over to our speculation thread. Tonight's episode opened up some new lines of discussion there, I think. See you there, I hope!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*picks self up off floor*

I knew exactly what was going to happen but like you said Julia it doesn't prepare you to see it for real. They just had to stab Tulisa straight where her baby was >< Michelle Fairley needs to get an emmy nom on the RW scenes alone. She was outstanding. Can't wait for
Spoiler:

Wyman Manderely to come into the story and pay the Freys back

It's pretty amazing how they can stay so faithful to the book. The Hodor warging scene was almost word for word from the book. The only thing missing was the impassable moat around the tower Was really happy that they split Bran and Rickon up. I was worried they would shoehorn Osha into the storyline because the producers like the actress so much.

Orell warging into an eagle before he dies makes me think more that
Spoiler:

Jon will warg into Ghost permanently. That is something I really don't want to happen though. I'd much prefer Melisandre bringing him back.

With you on the Yunkai scenes, Julia. That felt like a soundstage or something when they broke in. It was weird. In the book though we see nothing but bloodied Jorah come to Dany's tent so it was better than that anyway lol Always happy to see some more action and swordfighting though

Damn it's gonna be a long 10 months or whatever for the next season after next episode. Might just follow on and read the books again to keep me busy. I also purchased the first book in the Kingkiller chronicles but haven't read it yet which is meant to be good and similar to ASOIAF.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartbroken.

Numb.

Hurting.

My heart was racing like WHOA ever since they took Edmure and Roslin away for the bedding ceremony. My God, that was so intense!!!! So well done, too, but so awfully intense and heartbreaking!
I completely fell apart when they shut the doors and started playing The Rains of Castamere... guh, this song!!!
And then... all of Cat's suspicion and her looks at Walder Frey and Roose Bolton... the chainmail... Talisa.... the baby... Robb.... Greywolf.... I... just... can't!!!

And - whoa - how I loved that scene with Catelyn and Walder Frey's wife!!!

Spoiler:

Lady Stoneheart, anyone??

What happened to the Blackfish though??? Is he still alive??

The rest of the ep was amazing, too. Well, apart from Dany's scenes, I suppose. They were a bit underwhelming, tbh.

I'm surprised though that

Spoiler:

Jorah is still around!
Wasn't he long gone in the books at that point??

Arya & Sandor! <3<3<3
Bran, Rickon and Osha! <3<3<3
Sam & Gilly! <3<3<3

Too... many... feels.... !!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished watching again with Steven and ugh. I feel rotten.

Quote:
Can't wait for
Spoiler:

Wyman Manderely to come into the story and pay the Freys back

OMG! I forgot about that!!!

Quote:
I was worried they would shoehorn Osha into the storyline because the producers like the actress so much.
Yeah, me too. I think it actually worked well to have them along that far.
Spoiler:

It'll be interesting to see if we ever see them again, in the books or the show. Steven laughed when she was telling Rickon they were going to have adventures together, and he said, "Lots and lots of unseen adventures." XD

Quote:
Orell warging into an eagle before he dies makes me think more that
Spoiler:

Jon will warg into Ghost permanently. That is something I really don't want to happen though. I'd much prefer Melisandre bringing him back.

Spoiler:

YES! Me too, Paul. I mentioned that in the speculation thread. In the book Orell was already warging before he was attacked/killed, but I feel like him slipping into the eagle *as* he was dying set the stage for Jon. I would rather have him brought back by Melisandre, too, except I worry that he would be UnJon at that point. Unless she can do it right quick.

Quote:
With you on the Yunkai scenes, Julia. That felt like a soundstage or something when they broke in. It was weird. In the book though we see nothing but bloodied Jorah come to Dany's tent so it was better than that anyway lol Always happy to see some more action and swordfighting though.
I forgot we didn't really see those scenes in the book, either, so I'm ok with that in retrospect. It did feel rather intimate, though, rather than like they were attacking a city.

Quote:
Damn it's gonna be a long 10 months or whatever for the next season after next episode. Might just follow on and read the books again to keep me busy. I also purchased the first book in the Kingkiller chronicles but haven't read it yet which is meant to be good and similar to ASOIAF.

Seeeeeeriously. Gaaaaah! Let me know how Kingkiller Chronicles is if you read it. I really need to start reading more fantasy.

Quote:

Spoiler:

In the books, the Blackfish survives the Red Wedding and escapes to Riverrun, which he holds against the Lannister and Frey armies. He eventually gave up the castle to Jaime, but if I remember correctly, he escaped before he was taken into custody and we don't know where he is after that.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Jorah is still around! Wasn't he long gone in the books at that point??

Spoiler:

Jorah is still there for Yunkai, but they don't know that Arstan Whitebeard is Barristan, and when he reveals who he is he reveals to Dany that Jorah had been an informer, at which point they sail to Mereen and she sends him through the sewers as punishment. She banishes him after that.

I am not looking forward to that, btw. The way he looked when she was concerned about Daario--he looked crushed!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler:

In the books, the Blackfish survives the Red Wedding and escapes to Riverrun, which he holds against the Lannister and Frey armies. He eventually gave up the castle to Jaime, but if I remember correctly, he escaped before he was taken into custody and we don't know where he is after that.

That's not what I meant, sorry. I was just talking about him on the show at the very moment when all hell breaks loose - but then I remembered that he said he wanted to go for a "piss" *ahem*, so that's probably what saved his life on the show.

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler:

Jorah is still around! Wasn't he long gone in the books at that point??

Spoiler:

Jorah is still there for Yunkai, but they don't know that Arstan Whitebeard is Barristan, and when he reveals who he is he reveals to Dany that Jorah had been an informer, at which point they sail to Mereen and she sends him through the sewers as punishment. She banishes him after that.

I am not looking forward to that, btw. The way he looked when she was concerned about Daario--he looked crushed!

I agree. Poor Jorah
I wonder what'll happen on the show then because I really doubt that - in the show version - Barristan would be the one
Spoiler:

to rat on Jorah.

I think that in the final ep we will see....

Spoiler:

... Jaime's return to KL (much earlier than in the books)
... UnCat / Lady Stoneheart, simply because it makes much more sense NOW when the people are still so shocked from the events of the RW rather than wait for another ten months when the effects of the RW have already worn off.
... Sandor's death and Arya heading for Braavos
... maybe Davos trying to rescue Gendry? Although it may be too early for that.

Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
That's not what I meant, sorry. I was just talking about him on the show at the very moment when all hell breaks loose - but then I remembered that he said he wanted to go for a "piss" *ahem*, so that's probably what saved his life on the show.

Oh, sorry about that! I misunderstood. But yeah, I think you're right about that--I'm sure in the show he will have encountered some fighting off-screen and live to tell the tale.

Quote:
I agree. Poor Jorah
I wonder what'll happen on the show then because I really doubt that - in the show version - Barristan would be the one
Spoiler:

to rat on Jorah.

Spoiler:

I agree. At this point it would make no sense for it to be Barristan who rats him out, because there would have been no reason for him to sit on that info for so long, and she could be equally mad at him for not telling her sooner. It will be interesting to see how they do it.

Quote:
I think that in the final ep we will see....

Spoiler:

... Jaime's return to KL (much earlier than in the books)
... UnCat / Lady Stoneheart, simply because it makes much more sense NOW when the people are still so shocked from the events of the RW rather than wait for another ten months when the effects of the RW have already worn off.
... Sandor's death and Arya heading for Braavos
... maybe Davos trying to rescue Gendry? Although it may be too early for that.

Spoiler:

- UnCat - 100% agreed!
- Sandor/Arya - also agreed!
- Davos/Gendry - gosh, I hope so! I really want him to be safe.

Also, sidenote: I kind of like that Stannis is sort of unspokenly complicit in Davos rescuing Gendry if he does. I don't remember it being that way in the books with Edric, and I really like what it does for Stannis in terms of showing that he's not completely unreasonable, is generally good, and is still not 100% confident in Melisandre.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I don't think that Stannis knew anything of Davos's plans concerning Edric in the books. At least I don't remember it happening that way.
I agree with you: I really like the softer, more human, more scrupulous side a lot that they're adding to Stannis's character on the show.

I've actually always been a fan of his, even though that's a rather unpopular opinion

The one thing that really irks me about Stannis's softer side though is that it gives much more power to Melisandre than she should have, imo. I mean, this woman is a complete mystery to me! She's not evil, I think, just really, really firm in her religious beliefs in an unhealthy way. I'm not sure if this Lord of Light thing is a good thing or not. Stannis, however, would be better off without her, imo.

Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't think that Stannis knew anything of Davos's plans concerning Edric in the books. At least I don't remember it happening that way.
I agree with you: I really like the softer, more human, more scrupulous side a lot that they're adding to Stannis's character on the show.

I've actually always been a fan of his, even though that's a rather unpopular opinion

The one thing that really irks me about Stannis's softer side though is that it gives much more power to Melisandre than she should have, imo. I mean, this woman is a complete mystery to me! She's not evil, I think, just really, really firm in her religious beliefs in an unhealthy way. I'm not sure if this Lord of Light thing is a good thing or not. Stannis, however, would be better off without her, imo.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I didn't think he did, and I do like the change in the show. I liked him in the books, too, Karolina! Even more now in the show. I root for Dany all the way when it comes to who I want on the throne, but Stannis would be a very close second were it not for Melisandre. My jury is way out on her, too. I agree that she isn't evil--at least not knowingly--but I also have no idea what to think about R'hllor. It's impossible to doubt his power, but whether or not that power is good or bad is difficult to say. It seems do demand the death of innocents, which is obviously bad. I really hope we get to know more about Melisandre in the next book because GRRM says she's the most misunderstood character, but I don't feel we've been given much to understand her with.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought just crossed my mind concerning Brienne:

Spoiler:

IF Jaime & Brienne arrive at KL in the S3 finale - and thus much earlier than in the books - wouldn't that mean that Brienne would cross paths with Sansa already????
If so, I wonder how that'll play out. And what that would mean for the Sansa/Littlefinger situation.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I was wrong concerning Sandor

Spoiler:

He's still alive!!! Yay!!!

And wow, how amazing yet kinda horrible was that scene with Arya stabbing one of the Frey men?
Poor thing though. It was gut-wrenching when she had to see Robb's body with Greywind's head on top. I was hoping they'd spare us that moment... I was reduced to a weepy mass myself... again...

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see

Spoiler:

UnCat

I suppose they had enough other storylines to deal though: Jon/Ygritte, Sam/Gilly, the Bran Gang, Jaime/Brienne, Sansa/Tyrion, Stannis/Melisandre/Davos/Gendry, Arya/Sandor, Dany, Theon... that's a LOT really!

Ohohhhohhh, Gilly's baby finally has a name. Sam Junior!!! Awwww!! <3 <3 <3
I wonder what GRRM thinks of that, since the baby still hasn't been named in the books.

My God, I wish they'd just kill Theon already. I can't watch it anymore! And now his time as Reek begins *sigh*
I was cheering for Asha/Yara though! At least someone in that damn family cares about him! I know it's not gonna

Spoiler:

end well, but still.... Go, Asha!!!

Asha's decision of trying to free Theon from the Boltons' grasp leaves me wondering though if she will not be at the Kingsmoot??
Or maybe they'll skip the Kingsmoot entirely?? (I don't think they will!)

I was SO shocked when Ygritte started firing arrows at Jon. I was all like "OMGOMGOMG, that doesn't happen in the books!!!"

And Dany!
Who else is supposed to sit the Iron Throne by the end of the saga if not her, huh?? Although, I have to say that I still want to see the Seven Kingdoms restored. How cool would that be?? Maybe even with a Queen as the head of each Kingdom?? *fangirl dreams*
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That finale was AMAZING!!!

Sandor/Arya: Great scenes! Though so awful that she had to see Greywind's head on Robb's body. Even Sandor was aghast at the brutality of it all. I was surprised by the addition of her stabbing the Frey man.
Spoiler:

I really expected her to be headed for the Saltpans by the end, so I'm glad we'll get more time with them together next season. They seem to be making her a lot darker a lot quicker, whereas they've made Sandor much softer, so I'm a bit worried about how that juxtaposition of character will affect the perception of her leaving him to die, if it plays out like in the books. In the books, you couldn't fault her for wanting to get away from him, but I think leaving him to die might come across too harsh after all he's done for her and her sister now.

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see

Spoiler:

UnCat

Spoiler:

I was surprised, too, but as you said, given all they had to cover I'm ok with it. Looking forward to see how it's handled on the show.

The Bran Gang: (That made me LOL, Karolina!) I loved Bran telling the story of the rat cook and Hodor hollering down the well like in the books. I liked their scene with Sam/Gilly as well as the shot of them heading through the wall.

Sam/Gilly: I love them so much! I loved Sam's instant loyalty to Bran and his conversation with Maester Aemon. "This isn't what it looks like... uh, what I mean is..." LOL! I really love the bond he and Gilly already have. And so cute that she named the baby Sam! I'll bet GRRM either told them that was his intention or at least gave his approval.

Theon: Ugh.

Yara: FINALLY! I have really loathed her character so far, but for the first time she actually came across as Asha to me, and I loved it! I think I could definitely warm up to her character at this point. I loved how they showed her prepping her ship/crew while she told her father her plan.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Asha's decision of trying to free Theon from the Boltons' grasp leaves me wondering though if she will not be at the Kingsmoot??
Or maybe they'll skip the Kingsmoot entirely?? (I don't think they will!)

Spoiler:

I doubt they would do the Kingsmoot without her since she was central to how it all played out. In the books, Asha takes Deepwood Motte and doesn't return to Pyke until Balon dies. Then is the Kingsmoot, then she returns to Deepwood Motte.

It's hard to see how that will line up with her sailing off to rescue Theon unless they skip the Kingsmoot, or the rescue attempt fails and she returns to Pyke after Balon dies.

Jon: The scene with him and Ygritte was heartbreaking! I had a feeling that might happen after he escaped the wildlings without taking an arrow to the leg. I was shocked she tried to kill him, though.

Red Keep: Jack Gleeson is incredible! Joffrey was visibly vibrating with excitement over the Red Wedding news. So well done! I *loved* him snarking Tywin and the looks on everyones' faces. Even he knew he'd screwed up, but in true Joffrey fashion, he ran with it instead of back pedaling. I really loved the open acknowledgment of who is really ruling Westeros.
Spoiler:

I wasn't sure about the scene between Tywin and Tyrion, though. I feel it was meant to give Tyrion even more reason to despise him, but that story just confused things, I thought.

Jaime's return!!! How awful was the scene where he's swept aside by the guy pulling the cart who mistakes him for a peasant? Even though I'd never want him to return to his former "glory," I couldn't help but feel bad for him knowing how much it must sting to go from being infamous on sight to mistaken for a commoner. His reunion with Cersei was sad, because her reaction was so unexpected, I think.

Poor Sansa.

Oh! What did you both think of Varys offering to ship Shae off to Essos?
Spoiler:

Here again, I worry that the changes made to her character will have a negative impact on how it's supposed to play out. In the books, I don't think Shae really loves Tyrion, but in the show she obviously does. And she loves Sansa, too. She's fiercely protective of them both. She's smart, fearless, and kind of a badass. I will be crushed if Tyrion has to kill her now. I really thought she would take the diamonds and go and that is how they'd get her out of the story. Now I wonder if she'll take him up on it later, or what was the point of it? I just don't think sleeping with Tywin would be enough for Tyrion to kill her at this point, not without him looking really cold to the audience, at least.

Dragonstone: I liked the scene with Davos and Gendry bantering about Flea Bottom. I loved that the scene of Davos reading the scroll from the Night's Watch was so close to the books. It's interesting Davos sent Gendry to King's Landing.
Spoiler:

I wonder if he will end up at the Inn at the Crossroads after all? Although you'd think he'd stay far away from anyplace the Brotherhood Without Banners might find him, in case they tried to sell him back to Melisandre.

I thought the setting sun in the last Dragonstone scene was interesting--it seemed so intentional, I wondered if it was symbolic somehow? Though I can't imagine how.

Dany: I'm with you, Karolina! She just seems born to rule! Steven made a great point, though, which muddied the waters for me: he pointed out that she has built her own kingdom in her own right in Essos, so why leave that behind for the uncertainty of Westeros? It's a good point, but as my mom pointed out, she sees Westeros as her birth right and has been led to believe there are people there awaiting her return.
Spoiler:

I do worry about what will happen to all these freed men and women if she ever leaves Essos, though.

Ten month countdown begins... NOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: