Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Set Fire to the Third Bar" by cappy (Dexter)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: "Set Fire to the Third Bar" by cappy (Dexter) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Set Fire to the Third Bar" 05-05-2013
A character study of Dexter Morgan exploring his relationships with several characters who know or come to learn about Dexters dark deadly nature.
Fandom: Dexter
Song: Set Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol
Vidder: cappy
Length: 3:21 (47.8MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): https://vimeo.com/64938964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtrEMK4vpe0

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy Reply with quote

Wow! This was a fantastic vid! I loved your use of this song... it was very appropriate and I thought you did a great job telling his story while still employing interesting editing and great beat-use. Well done!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the encouraging comment, eloramoon. I've been vidding for a while but this Dexter one is my latest. A friend nudged me to submit it to LVI, which is a little intimidating - the quality here is so good.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's so cool! Welcome to LVI! I'm so glad your friend encouraged you to submit. Your vids are really good. You'll fit in great around here.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, you posted it! Welcome back to the LVI, so good to see you here again! <3<3<3
Oh, and don't you worry about quality: You've learned so much and grown so much as a vidder and it really shows in your vids! This one is SOOO good!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks for all your advice and support, Kaja. <3
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy Reply with quote

Welcome to LVI, Cappy. I'm Brooke. I really enjoyed the clips you chose to put together; something I really liked was when the lyrics start "I draw a map and a straight line" I viewed the blood as the line. Such a great character study.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy Reply with quote

Lovely vid! Welcome back to LVI!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. I should have posted my non-Lost vids here sooner! It's a great place to learn from the experts.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice Dexter character study vid! There needs to be more of those on the internet.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you very much, PsychoCynic (great username, btw!)
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy Reply with quote

2013 CM Award Winner - "I've never seen an episode of Dexter but this vid made a huge impression on me. Between the excellent song choice and lyric interpretation, the thoughtful clip choices, the vivid imagery and stunning use of the music's ebb and flow, I really felt that Dexter's story came together really well. In just a few minutes, I felt like I understood so much about this character from his motivation to his demons, and the high stakes of his life. I think it takes a lot of talent to bring all of those elements together in such a captivating storytelling video, and to so thoroughly illustrate what's special about a fandom for someone who hasn't seen it."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: