Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veronica Mars Movie!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Veronica Mars Movie!!!! Reply with quote

This fantastic show has finally got a chance at getting a proper ending with a new movie!!! The show was cancelled a few years back much to fans' dismay, but now we can get a chance to bring it back!

All you need to do is donate towards the movie. The least you can donate is $1, but if you donate more you can receive some cool awards (but most of them is only if you're in the US )

If you need any more convincing here is a hilarious and cute video the cast made to ask for your help in donating:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

The donate page is also on there, as well as a word of thanks from Kristen and Rob.

I have been wanting a VM movie for so long now! I'm not sure if there are many VM fans on here but I wanted to spread the word anyway!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's awesome. I'm Thad its only a dollar chances are they'll get more hits.

Personally I don't think it needs to be big budget. The drive if the show at least for me was the characters and dialogue.

I just hope they're nor going with the season 4 premise. I doubt I would have stuck with a season that didn't have the original cast besides Veronica.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I pledge some money, if some amazing person living in America would be able to receive my award at their address and send it on to me I would love them forever. Sadly, I live in Europe and they do not ship the goodies there
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just hit one million in pledges!!!! This fandom is dedicated!! Every penny counts. We might just be able to do this
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE DID IT WE GOT TO 2M!!!! WE'RE GETTING A MOVIE. And the number is still rising, people should still pledge, that way we get a bigger budget for the movie!

So happy right now!!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm SO excited right now.

WOW I forgot how awesome us Veronica Mars fans are.

I'm SO happy right now.

I shall celebrate my excitement with Veronica Mars gifs

P.S I have EVEN more respect for KBell.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE'RE ABOUT TO HIT $3M

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND WE'RE THERE!!!!! A MILLION DOLLARS MORE THAN ASKED. WE ARE AWESOME.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really curious as to how much we can hit now since it's only been a few days and we had 30 or so.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this on fb and tumblr. I haven't seen VM yet, but this is exciting for all fandoms because it's another situation like cancelled TV shows being resurrected years later or getting movies because they're so popular, which all adds up as proof that Nielsen Ratings don't tell the whole picture of a TV show's popularity. The more stuff like this, the more likely I think it is that the television industry will start to re-think how a TV show's popularity is determined.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion Nielsen Ratings are a joke.

It's not taken into account what's watched on the Network's website, hulu, DVR/TIVO, or On Demand.

For instance The Office had awful ratings; then they found out everyone was watching it online.

It really is a hooray for TV shows/fans out there.

Someone said they should take what's left over the 2,000,000 goal and make a movie for Party Down, Rob Thomas's other show. Which I disagree with. People aren't paying for Party Down to have a movie they're paying for Veronica Mars. Whatever money those people donate needs to go into VM.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the heck?! No, of course not!!! We're paying for a VM movie!! Besides, they've reached the goal, but they still need more than that to make a bigger and better movie.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what Rob said. If they reached more then their goal they'd use every penny to make a better movie.

I'm so excited we get a VM movie and that it'll likely have the original cast.

Speaking of VM I watched Hit and Run with Kristen Bell. I went in with low expectations but I really enjoyed it, it also had the actor who played Dick Casablanca; which I didn't catch until a bit later because his hair was different. I totally forgot that she was good friends with him. I'm not a huge Dax fan but I really enjoyed his writing/acting/directing here. That trailer did not do that movie justice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: