Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI's Featured CM for February!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Council
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: LVI's Featured CM for February! Reply with quote

This month's Featured CM is HobbitRockGod aka Eryn!

Eryn has been a member of the LVI for more than five years now and part of the LVI Council since 2011. She has contributed 23 videos to the site, covering a huge variety of vidding genres in a creative and well-conceived way. We know Eryn as an active member in the community and on the Council and as a very sweet and kind person.

1) What got you interested in vidding?

I discovered vidding around the same time I discovered Lost. I started watching Lost and then somehow ended up watching fanvids on youtube, and through there discovered LVI and wanted to give vidding a shot myself! LVI was a great place for that; everyone was always really welcoming and encouraging.

2) Do you have a tip, trick, or technique you'd like to share?

I have to find a song before I can vid anything. When I’m listening to music I’m constantly trying to fit songs with characters or fandoms, and then when I find one I think works I listen to it over and over. Lyric interpretation is the most important part of a vid, for me, so I really listen to the lyrics and imagine what scenes I could put on what lyrics. If I can’t really envision anything, I usually don’t even try to vid it.

3) What are your favorite current fandoms?

I am always looking for new fandoms to get into! I haven’t actually vidded many of my current favorites, but right now I’m really into Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, The Avengers, Being Human U.K. (though I only watched the first 3 series’), Community, The Office…

4) What was your first vid and what is your favorite vid you've done?

My first vid was a Sawyer/Kate vid with Big Girls Don’t Cry by Fergie. It was up on here for awhile, actually, but I think lately youtube has taken it down. I’m not really shedding any tears over it – it wasn’t very good, but I was proud at the time! My favorite vid is my latest completed one, “I Like It Like That” – it was a lot of fun to do and I think it came out really well.

5) Do you have any goals as far as skill improvement or dream projects?

Right now, my goal is to get back into viding regularly! Thanks to a series of unfortunate computer-related issues, vidding’s been hard for me lately but I’m trying to get back in the swing of things! I have a lot of vid ideas I want to do… I won’t go into specifics because if I do I’m afraid they won’t get done, but I have some character study ideas, a couple ensemble vid ideas, and one shippy vid I want to do. My goal really is to make vids that I’m happy with in the end!

6) You cover a great variety of genres in your vids: Relationship and character studies, humor, action... Which is your favorite genre to vid to and why?

I think my favorites are probably character studies. I just feel like I get to put so much love into those vids, because I generally only do character studies for characters I really adore and I get to work on showcasing exactly why I think this character is so great.

7) You have mentioned that you like to try to make people see a fandom/character/ship in a different way than they have before. How do accomplish this?

It kind of goes back to the previous question – I just want to show exactly why I personally love a character or fandom or ship so much. Sometimes my favorite characters aren’t exactly well-loved by the entire fandom, so I like to show their sympathetic side. Or I just go in and try to show every aspect to a character or ship, maybe not necessarily just the flattering traits they have. Flaws are what make a character or ship real to me, so I like to show those when I vid them. I guess what I try to do is share exactly how I view a character, which may be different than how other people do, and maybe get people to see them the way I do for a few minutes, even if I don’t entirely change their mind!

Featured Videos:

Brighter Than the Moon: a feel-good and upbeat multi-fandom character study
I Like It Like That: a fun, multi-fandom tribute to bloopers and gag reels, 1st place winner in LVI's April 2012 contest.
Leave Out All the Rest: a great in-depth relationship study for Shannon & Boone from Lost

Thank you, Eryn, for all the great work you do at LVI!

Last edited by LVI Council on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Eryn!

I really liked your answer to #7. I always enjoy watching vids that make me see a character, show, or even a scene differently. I especially like when I see a video with a favorite show/character that I think I know really well and then am able to see it in a whole new light.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Eryn, it was fun reading your interview!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations; that was cool. I didn't have any tears over my first vid that YT took down.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Brooke!

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, Eryn! Great interview! I love your answer to number 7 in particulary. You've been doing such a great job with character studies so far. Keep up the awesome work!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Karolina! I appreciate that!

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: