Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friend's work place is shitty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Friend's work place is shitty Reply with quote

I'm a frequent member at a video store; and a guy I've known since we were REALLY young works there. And the manager said he was fired for not showing up for 3 of his shifts; so I was like "Really Stephen didn't show up?" Apparently he was asking someone to take his shit; and he called earlier and said he had been in an accident and had a lot to deal with due to the accident; she was a bitch about it. "Yeah...he was in a car accident and said he needed off to deal with it. He didn't say his car wasn't drive-able; in fact he should be showing up because he'll have to pay for it." They were terrible about it. I was pissed. Some companies just don't have appreciation for understanding for their employees.

I think they thought he faked it but I really don't think Stephen would do that. And I think it's shitty to fire someone for not showing up due to a car accident.

I don't know the full story but that seemed to be why they were pissed. And it not like he didn't show up for a shift; he gave them plenty of time to find someone to take over. Now if he faked it; I can understand but I just don't htink he'd play that card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: