Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"You are Destruction || Loki" by Jemmz (Thor/Aven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: "You are Destruction || Loki" by Jemmz (Thor/Aven Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"You are Destruction || Loki" 12-11-2012
Loki character study. Vimeo pass: jemmzvids
Fandom: Thor/Avengers
Song: Weapon by Matthew Good
Vidder: Jemmz
Length: 4:28 (153MB wmv)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDvHl53xcLQ
https://vimeo.com/55391714

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'm not completely happy with this one but in my defence, it was an awfully big file and it just about killed my battery rendering it so this is what you get!)
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: You are Destruction || Loki by Jemmz Reply with quote

Aww, I think this is great, Jemma!! Definitely tugged on my heartstrings and brought all my Loki feelings flooding back...augh! Really great job capturing his character!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Eryn!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: You are Destruction || Loki by Jemmz Reply with quote

I loved the edits, coloring, and moving layers. I thought you did a great Loki vid.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw thanks so much Brooke!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOKI LOKI LOKI, yay!!!! *running in circles*
I love this character so much!!

Wow, Jemma, that was amazing!
Your editing was really excellent! I could really tell that you must've put a lot of time and work into this vid. It's fantastic! The effects and colours are beautiful, I loved the overlays. Also, great work on showing the two faces of Loki.

I like the song choice, too. I loved this song ever since I've heard it for the first time here at the LVI in a Charlie Pace vid... like AGES ago

Do you have a download link to this vid? I would LOVE to save this on my computer!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you Karolina!! I really wasn't expecting anyone to like this so much!! That means a lot!! I really did work hard on this, it took me ages and I had to take a break from it for a while. And the rendering thing drove me insane, so it means so much that you like it

There should be a download option on the vimeo link I think but if not, I can upload it to sendspace for you

thanks again!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: You are Destruction || Loki by Jemmz Reply with quote

Great character study, Jemma!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, it's here!! The long awaited Loki video from Jemma!

This was great, Jemma. The beginning gave me so many brotherly FEELS (I LOOOVE how you compared them standing side-by-side in the deleted scene before the coronation and then paralleling it to them as children). Also, you reminded me that casting did a really good job hiring kid!Loki because OMG, same expressions as Tom Hiddleston; (It's like Jared Padalecki/Colin Ford all over again. ) random, but nice job syncing that up.

I was SO NOT expecting that build up in tempo and music, but it really fit. You did a wonderful job editing those quick parts! Using the fight scenes for that was brilliant! (Question: How to you edit at 3:23? That's sooo impressive. Is it just really quick jump cuts or are fades used? Really cool!)

UGH, back to feels at the end! Love the contrast of Thor holding Loki's neck, pleading him to come home in the dark (those are such a pain to color, aren't they!? UGH!!) and then Loki being entranced in the daylight by Thor's silent pleas. The 2 scenes went well together!

And that last shot of creepy(you are destruction)!Loki smugly walking down the corridor, surrounded by soldiers. GUH. Perfect way to end the vid.

This really encapsulated Loki's multifaceted desires and personality. Also, your coloring and overlays were STUNNING. Things must be so damn shiny on Asgard. Wish I lived there.

Awesome work, hon!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Maria!!! Your review made my day

That was one of the things that stuck in my head when I was first planning the video, those two scenes. They almost mirror each other, the way they look at one another (casting is amazing!!! Agreed )

Aw, thanks! I found the fast bits harder to do as the vid went on, so glad you liked how I did it! At 3:23, do you mean those quick cuts? No fades for that bit, I basically just cut up the scene and then had the texture over it, it's hard to explain!

Thanks so much again my dear for your lovely comments
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: You are Destruction || Loki by Jemmz Reply with quote

Wonderful character study, Jemma! I especially liked the paralleling of the scenes of Loki and Thor as children and as adults.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Macaila!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: