Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with My First Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Problems with My First Video Reply with quote

I just want to finally say that it's been a long time since I submitted "The Hunter" and I always have to use You send it, so in hopes of having it judged eventually I kept re-uploading the previous expired link, but now I'm just giving up. The judging has still been in progress and it's all the way down the archives. Does my video have any chance of getting an LVI Council Pick Seal? I just want to know.

sig by IslandofMystery
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya! Since I just asked you to upload your vid again, I decided to take a swing at answering you, even though I'm most certainly nobody here!

Check out this page on the main video site:

http://lostvideo.net/hosting_guide.php

It lists some options to get your vid more permanently hosted. I know if you use Rapidshare or Megaupload, then your vid will NOT be eligible for a Council Pick seal. I don't think it says that using YSI will necessarily disqualify you for a seal, but if the link should expire before it's been judged... Well, that may be part of the delay you've been having. Again, I'm nobody and this is only my opinion, of course. Just something to tide you over until an Important Somebody can answer you!

My suggestion is to try Picapic aka Picafile. They are supposed to host up to 60 MB and the link will stay active for a LOT longer than YSI.

Best of luck!

~Aislynn

PS - Unless of course you have an incompatibility problem with Picapic, then my advice it completely worthless. In that case... uh... Hello? Is there an Important Sombody out there? Yoo-hoo!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Aislynn says is very true about the Picafile hosting thing, and the YSI links holding up the process. However, we finished judging on that particular video about a week ago we're still at a big holdup with a number of other videos, but this one did have a result that you should be able to see on its vidding page Let me know if you have any questions, and sorry for the seeming delay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...

So it didn't get a Council Pick. Was it because of the video quality?

I'll be making some new ones in the future that are better.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it's a touchy subject usually as to why a video got a CP or not, but know that we only award the best videos these things. As for your video, I thought the quality was actually really cool, with that whole odd colour, but we don't judge on that usually. Usually, it all comes down to if we see a story, and a very good use of the song, in the video. In this, it seemed like there wasn't a genuine plot to the video, or use of the song as much as it could be used (fit to the lyrics, beat use, etc) so ;we didn't thin it deserved a Council Pick seal. Sorry that we can't give them to all videos, but we have to draw the line, or else there is no point to them I'm sure if you work teally hard on your next video, you'll have a much better chance to get one! I did think the video was pretty cool, especially with that interesting color scheme!
Good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the lyrics did match perfectly and there was a plot to it. It was about Locke being changed on the island and getting to be the hunter, without the wheelchair. And the lyrics almost screamed 'Locke'.

But I guess what's done is done then.

sig by IslandofMystery
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*holds up hand* I still really do want to see it...

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that Conveying an idea to others in a video is one of the hardest things to do. Everyone who makes a video has that idea, it's all about getting the viewer to see it to... Sorry if we didn't see it well enough.
When I vid, I like to group parts of the csongs into certain scenes or parts of the character's story, and try not to jump from one place to another if I can help it, so I can make it easier for people to get the plot I'm trying to show. Likewise, I use length of the clips to emphasise or de-emphasise a certain part of the lyrics (when I want people to pay close attention, I clip the video to the lyrics. When I don't need them to, I clip it to the beat).
Maybe those will help you on your next vid, or this one if you'd like to remake it. ) Sorry once again, I don't like turning doiwn vids that people have worked hard on But remember that the CPs are for those we think are really exceptional vids, so you shouldn't feel down just because you didn't get one
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal..... don't be bummed if ya didn't get a CP... it took me a couple of vids.... and everyone here is getting so talented with their vidding lately, the standard for "exceptional" vids is going up as people's talent does, it is actually very rare that people get CP's on their first vids anyway... however I'm sure you did a great job and i can't wait to see it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: