Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I feel like Walmart is ripping me off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: I feel like Walmart is ripping me off Reply with quote

I pre-ordered a movie back in May and just today i got it in the mail I didn't get the version I wanted and CS (customer Service) wasn't too helpful, instead they don't know why I didn't get it nor did they see it on their site, which i knew they weren't able to find it considering since May and now, the version I wanted was changed on their site.

When I opened my package (not the DVD itself), it even says Titanic: (with Ultra-Violet) Widescreen but on the DVD all it says is Digitally Remastered and the fact that it says 2-disc, like the one i ordered, but it only has deleted scenes when the one I wanted had deleted scenes, commentary from different people, the music video with Celine Dion and a couple other things. It was a slightly different version from the Blu-ray version that's out, and I can't buy Blu-ray DVds since I don't have a BR Player, so I got the regular one. CS told me to go to the store and see if they have the one I wanted and pay for the one I want. Honestly, I shouldn't have to pay for another one since I already paid for the movie. IF they have the one I want in the store, I'm sure as hell am not gonna pay twice.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY WANT YOU TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE!???

You go and talk to them. Talk to the manager and explain they sent you the wrong one.

No you should not have to pay for another one. They dilly even suggesting that.

The one you got was it a blue package? Kind of feels like fake leather?
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! That really stinks! Do they have the version you want in store? Maybe you could swap it out at customer service if they do.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one I got http://www.walmart.com/ip/Titanic-Widescreen/20684314?findingMethod=rr

when i ordered the movie from that when I went to see the movie in 3D, so it was from Walmart and I should have gotten the one with
Quote:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Titanic-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy-UltraViolet-Widescreen/20684313
that picture as the DVD cover with all the said info I mentioned. Except, the one I wanted wasn't Blu-ray but still had tons of features on it.

I hate to say it, but this is why I trust Amazon 100% more than walmart, at least with Amazon I know I'm getting what I paid for.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wal-mart is shitty. Their staff is underpaid and not appreciated and so that make most unpleasant.

I'd talk to a manager or even email the CEO it'll get you somewhere. I've emailed the CEO before when this Wal-mart employee went out of her way and when she was off the clock to help me. One of the girls told me that he wrote to the wal-mart thanking them and told the staff about my email.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never shop at Wal-mart ever!! They are a horrible corporation...Shop at Target next time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get the movie, but it's blu-ray & dvd and I had to pay almost 9 dollars after I got the 14.99 refund. At least I had no hassle in the store

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad you got it sorted out.

I shop at both; prefer Target but Wal-Mart here is just convenient because the only Target is 20 minutes away.

But usually I do most of my actual shopping at the store I work at; it's like Kroger and has the best produce in town.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to shop at Target or some other store but we don't have any of those big stores unless I drive almost 2 hrs to go to one, which i normally shop at target or best buy when I visit my brother in maine.

Now, all I need to do is a buy a blu-ray player to actually watch this movie in its fullest and to view some of the features it has. :/ I wish BR player's weren't so much.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a BR player but have bought a few of the Blu Ray combo packs because sometimes it's just the cheaper way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: