Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Breath of Life" by Sheree (Little House on the P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: "Breath of Life" by Sheree (Little House on the P Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Breath of Life" 08-23-2012
A video on Laura and Almanzo from the two parter Days of Sunshine Days of Shadow
Fandom: Little House on the Prairie
Song: Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine
Vidder: Sheree
Length: 4:09 (153mb mpeg2)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ofBqa410c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ofBqa410c

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Breath of Life by Sheree Reply with quote

Aww, that was really sweet! I loooove Little House. I grew up watching it and still love it to this day. It was fun seeing a LHotP vid.
donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Breath of Life by Sheree Reply with quote

I think i might have stopped watching Little House before these episodes aired but it still made me very nostalgic. I think you did a terrific job with this vid. At first I thought the song might be too dramatic but it looks like these were very dramatic episodes and the scenes you chose really fitted the lyrics. Considering the film quality of older shows like this you did really well. I think maybe a fade in or out of some clips might have made the scene changes more effective, but that's just my personal preference.
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both for the feedback- glad you enjoyed it: )

Quote:
I think maybe a fade in or out of some clips might have made the scene changes more effective, but that's just my personal preference.

It's funny you posted that ...you don't know how many times and not just with this video I will question that. I have looked back at older vids and thought maybe I should of put a transition there. At the time of making it I am fine with with it. But I guess multiple viewings you see something. But I always remember something Madonna said about her finishing an album. She said that she would nitpick a song(s) all day and it would drive her crazy but then she would never get it done. So she would just have to trust her instincts. But hey getting this feedback only helps me - so I appreciate it all: )

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. So she would just have to trust her instincts.

Vidding style is up to each individual so you are definitely best to follow your instincts and transitions can just end up being a distraction in a vid anyway.
Quote:
But hey getting this feedback only helps me - so I appreciate it all: )

Good, i don't often give advice because I'm never sure of my own finished vids let alone someone elses It was just a thought that occurred to me while i was watching your vid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: