Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Had a major thunderstorm last night that fried people's...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Had a major thunderstorm last night that fried people's... Reply with quote

electronics...

Several people had their phones, ipods, computers and who knows what else destroyed from the storm. We had the loudest thunder ever and at that moment, the lightening hit my dad's friend's pool thing (dunno what, some tall metal piece) and he looked out the window and saw it had sparks on the top. He said lots of people's electronics are ruined now and some lost power, (including me) The storm started at 8PM and died down around 12 and then started back up at 1 and continued until 3am. It was pretty crazy. The town next to us had more happen; more winds, rain ect but it was still crazy, I don't think I've seen a storm *that* bad before here.

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek! That's so scary, Summer!

We had lightning strike in our yard a couple of weeks ago. It blew two fuses and fried our Blu-ray player and our desktop power supply, neither of which we have replaced yet. Lightning stinks!

Glad everyone is okay but I'm sorry to hear so many people lost electronics.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEk that's scary! And its also kind what happens in War of the Worlds before the aliens attack

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That sounds like a really nasty storm, Summer. I've seen some ugly thunderstorms, but none so bad as to actually fry electronics. That'd be pretty scary.

Macaila
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of it happening; but its' not happened to me (knock on wood). I was at Best Buy trying to get a computer repaired and the couple next to me had their computer fry due to lightening.

I think that's why most people have surge protectors for their computers/TVs. I know it's why I have one for my computer and TV.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a surge protector too, but i guess that doesn't truly protect it from storms though. Someone replied to a post of mine about this storm on another site i go to and they said that they had their computer on a surge protector but it still fried it. It was the same storm too, just not in my state as far as i know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: