Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"LOST-The True Candidate" by DJC Productions (Los

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: "LOST-The True Candidate" by DJC Productions (Los Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"LOST-The True Candidate" 01-11-2012
Walt character study.
Fandom: Lost
Song: World Trade Center Choral by Craig Armstrong
Vidder: DJC Productions
Length: 3:17 (240MB .mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctngt4XPJds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctngt4XPJds

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: LOST-The True Candidate by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Great vid, Dennis. The music was so powerful; and the scenes you chose were wonderful. I LOVED the audio you chose over the scenes. GREAT. I loved that you chose the clip from the extras.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent vid, Dennis!
So happy to see a Walt vid, they're so rare! Great work on the voiceovers. I really enjoyed the whole vid, but especially the part with Walt & Hurley towards the end of the vid.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: LOST-The True Candidate by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Awesome work, Dennis! Cool to see a Walt vid!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly done! Perfect audio and clip choices as well as the great, emotional song choice. Beautiful work, I really enjoyed it!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: LOST-The True Candidate by DJC Productions Reply with quote

It's brilliant to see a Walt video and you did such an amazing job with this. Beautifully edited. The voiceovers were perfect. I was disappointed with how the show handled Walt's character but your video certainly made me feel better about that. I don't remember the end scenes with Hurley and Ben Was that from the extras? Why wasn't it in the show??
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jemma! Those scenes with Hurley and Ben are from the epilogue "The New Man In Charge" which was made for the dvd. I'm sure you can find it on youtube though. You should definitely check it out.

RedeemingTheUneven
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: LOST-The True Candidate by DJC Productions Reply with quote

This is one of my favourite videos ever, and that speaks volumes of your editing. With the array of great characters Lost has, Walt isn't even in my top ten, yet I love this so fucking much. Everything about this vid is genius and inspiring as hell.
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, Thanks dude that really means a lot.

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: LOST-The True Candidate by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Fantastic character study! Beautiful editing.Perfect clip choices and audio. I really liked how you covered his story from naive young boy, to his special abilities, to him being taken home to the island to assume his role. Really, really enjoyed this.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: LOST-The True Candidate by DJC Productions Reply with quote

Dennis--you have the most incredible way of tying things together that got lost in the jumble for me on the show. By the time we got to the end and the names on the cave wall and lighthouse dial, I had pretty much forgotten about the significance of the kids on the island. If it ever dawned on me that Walt's "specialness", kidnapping, and their attempt to get him back to the island all had to do with him being a candidate, I have since forgotten. But TBH, I'm not sure I ever really realized it. In fact, people largely attribute the names Littleton and Dawson on the list as being Claire and Michael, but it's so obvious that it was the kids, and that through the Others, Jacob wanted to groom them for the job, just like they had tried to do with Ben. But then he became a father, so they had to find someone new. Thank you for making me realize all of that and remember why I love this show so much! As always, job well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: