Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Loved Ones" by thefilmchick (The Prisoner)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: "The Loved Ones" by thefilmchick (The Prisoner) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Loved Ones" 05-17-2012
A cheerful song of neighborly togetherness, brought to you by The Prisoner. Thanks to Uruviel for beta!
Fandom: The Prisoner
Song: The Loved Ones by Elvis Costello
Vidder: thefilmchick
Length: 2:46 (93MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a520w1ilgdw

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid! Loved your beat and musical use! Really liked how you transitioned from b/w to color on the drum beat.I liked the cheery music as a contrast to the paranoia and craziness of the village.This was such a great show. It's been a couple years since I last saw this show.Your vids make me want to watch it all over again. Also, really liked the vid pic, having the iconic Prisoner bike have a heart shaped wheel, very clever
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It is pretty much my favorite show ever, as mentioned prior. Well, that and Fawlty Towers, but I couldn't seriously vid that with a straight face.

The cheery/threatening contrast is definitely there in the show itself from the get-go, obviously, so the song seemed suited! (After all, the marching band in the show is so. damn. cheery. And the radio just won't turn off, haha.) Speaking of which, I welcome song requests for the show if you want -- already did two Costello vids to it, so other artists would be great.

Good to know the vid pic was appreciated: I was hoping someone who knew the show would catch it. I went as overbearingly cutesy on it as I could!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fawlty Towers was a great show, probably one of the best comedy series ever. They just don't make comedies like that anymore.

I'll let you know if I think of any songs that would be a good fit for The Prisoner.
I'd love to see more Prisoner vids.

Did you see the Prisoner miniseries remake AMC did a couple years back? Not as good as the original, IMO, but an interesting take on it. Also there's a novel based on the show.I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, so I don't know if it's any good or not. (It'd be hard to beat the original series.)
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay now this vid, I love everything about this vid! The beat use- fast and slow, the adorable boxes and typed lyrics, the song choice, the colouring changes! *pompoms* I've never even seen the show. *pins a gold button on ya*
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macaila: Haaaated the AMC Prisoner, but Jim CaJesus is too wooden for my tastes -- McGoohan played a stiff, closed-off character, but had range as an actor. And all the relationship stuff. Number Six would have never done that! I liked the set design/cinematography, and the idea of casting Ian McKellen as Number Two, but... it just didn't work. Especially since by the end (spoiling both modern and 1960s Prisoner in the following; do not click if you don't want to be spoiled pretty bluntly):
Spoiler:

Six had the upper hand. That just can't happen. Even at the end of the original series, there's that door closing automatically behind him, unbeknownst to him.

Did you ever see 'Nowhere Man'? It aired on Fox here in the US in the mid-'90s and was an inverse-Prisoner: Instead of being taken away from the world, the lead character finds himself suddenly in a world that should be the same, but it's one where nobody knows who he is. The start of part one, as some kind person has put all eps on YT, and its [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowhere_Man_(TV_series)"]plot synopsis[/url]. One episode, with the sprightly title of "Paradise on Your Doorstep," has the lead character taken to a mysterious village from which he can't seem to escape... but the whole thing was a direct descendant from The Prisoner and yet not a ripoff. You might like it anyway.

Lizzie: Thanks! Glad you liked this one. You should watch the show too. Everyone should watch this show. I would be the head of some fanclub, but, like the show, the fanclub has historically been full of paranoia and conflict!

Last edited by thefilmchick on Sun May 20, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: The Loved Ones by thefilmchick Reply with quote

I've never seen Nowhere Man.I'll have to look into that. If you haven't seen it, you might check out Person's Unknown.It was a short 2010 series that had a group of people stuck in a town from which they could not escape.I liked it and wish it would have had a larger following and a second season. Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persons_Unknown_(TV_series)
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: The Loved Ones by thefilmchick Reply with quote

Great job, Kate! Really loved your beat use in this one.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: The Loved Ones by thefilmchick Reply with quote

Cool vid, Kate! Great beat use!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! (Sorry I missed your review before, Julia!) And thanks for betaing, Heather! Much obliged. And Macaila, I'll definitely check that out, sometime when it's not stupid o'clock in the morning, haha.

Be seeing you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: