Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"A Broken Heart Is Blind" by Aislynn (Shutter Isl
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: "A Broken Heart Is Blind" by Aislynn (Shutter Isl Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"A Broken Heart Is Blind" 05-12-2012
As past and present, reality and hallucinations all begin to intertwine and unravel, US Marshal Teddy Daniels searches for the truth about Shutter Island. And for the truth about himself.
Fandom: Shutter Island
Song: Little Black Submarines by The Black Keys
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 2:43 (29.2 MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): https://vimeo.com/42047709 (password: teddydaniels)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0tqhlj
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeee, Shutter Island!!! *running in circles*
Love the book and the movie so much!!!
The song worked really well for that movie and I totally didn't expect the music to explode like that in the middle of the vid. That was really amazing, Ais!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*squee* Thank you SO much, hon! I'm so glad you liked it! The way the music just comes kicking in was something that totally sold me on the song in the first place, I think!

I haven't read the book yet but I'm planning on it as soon as I can get a hold of it. I LOVED the movie, though, and I never even expected to. It really is so intricately put together!

Thanks so much again, I really appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment! ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: A Broken Heart Is Blind by Aislynn Reply with quote

Great vid, Ais! The music was cool & the editing was awesome.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thank you so much, Heather! I really appreciate you watching it and leaving such a kind comment! ♥♥♥!!!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am jealous of how you always have clean, nice, and crisp clips; they're always so perfect.

I love how the clips move along with the lyrics; I loved the "Told my girl I'd be back" And you see them in a happy time together.

This song was just PERFECT for Teddy Daniel's story.

WOAH I didn't expect the song to do that. I liked it and what you did with it.

The beat use with the guitar starting at 1:35; loved it.

Spoiler:

I loved the parallel's of him trying to save different people.

Great vid, Aislynn.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwww, thank you, Brooke! What a lovely comment, it really made my day! *beams*

I'm so glad that you thought the song worked for Teddy, I felt like it did but you never know if other people will as well. And I have to admit, I actually thought I was going to use just the slower first half of the song at first, then I decided it sort of fit the "unsettled" feel I wanted for the vid for it to kick up like that.

I really appreciate all that you said about my clips, I do work to try to keep everything as clean as possible and to make them flow well with the lyrics, so that all thrilled me to hear!

Thanks again so much for watching and commenting! *hugs* ♥!
RedeemingTheUneven
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: A Broken Heart Is Blind by Aislynn Reply with quote

Well this is damn epic.

I especially love the last 30 or so seconds, really intense stuff there. And all the Teddy cuts around 1:35. But it's a brilliant vid from the get-go. The song holds an atmosphere of its own and you edited to it in a way that flowed extraordinarily well and captivated me. You always impress, Aislynn.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: A Broken Heart Is Blind by Aislynn Reply with quote

That was AMAZING, Ais! WOW!!! You know, I probably sound repetitive, but I will always ALWAYS reiterate that you are the MASTER when it comes to using the motion in the clip with the beat. Your vids always give me goosebumps because you do it so well! Awesomely well done!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob: Oh wow, thank you so much for saying all of that! Your comment truly put a huge smile on my face. I'm so glad that you enjoyed this one! Thanks again for watching and commenting, it really means a lot to me! ♥!

Julia: Awwww, thank you bunches for saying all of that, hon! *smishes you* I really love using in-clip motion and everything you said just made me so happy, you have no idea! I appreciate you watching and commenting a ton, thank you again so much! ♥!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: A Broken Heart Is Blind by Aislynn Reply with quote

WOW that was amazing. I got chills... The ending was so great and the beat use was awesome..
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thank you SO much, Nikki! I'm really happy that you liked it! Thanks for watching and for your very kind comment, I appreciate it more than I can say! ♥!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ais --

I really liked the backwards-forwards motion on this, and the cuts between bloodied girl/unbloodied girl. The bit with the car explosion was spot on too. Though the song is recent, it's got the feel of something Sixties and (though I know Shutter Island's set in an earlier time than that) it worked as far as feeling like a timeless song in a way that, say, Nicki Minaj wouldn't, and so song and video suited each other in terms of that.

I'd like to see what you could do with the Decemberists as far as 'timeless'-feeling new groups, too. Or maybe Fitz and the Tantrums or Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings. But I'll put my iPod away now...
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: A Broken Heart Is Blind by Aislynn Reply with quote

Ooh I really liked this Ais! I loved your editing particularly when the song picked up! Awesome job!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate: Aw, thank you! The whole reverse motion element was something that I knew I wanted to do fairly early on and was hoping would translate well. (Sometimes you can get this "awesome" idea and then you see it in action and it's just, well, NOT. ) I'll definitely check out the artists you mentioned, I never know what's going to inspire me. My vidding muse knows no musical genres, lol! Thanks so much for watching and commenting, I really appreciate it! ♥!

Jemma: Thanks so much, hon! I loved when the song really kicked into motion and I had a blast putting that entire section of the vid together! Thanks again, I'm really glad you liked it and I very much appreciate you watching and commenting! ♥!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: