Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The *OFFICIAL* Skate vs Jate Debate!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

My choice for the Kate/Sawyer/Jack love triangle IS:
Sawyer & Kate (SKATE)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Jack and Kate (Jate)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
I have not decided! CONVINCE ME!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: The *OFFICIAL* Skate vs Jate Debate! Reply with quote

THE OFFICIAL JATE VS. SKATE DEBATE IS ON!!!

Try saying that title 3 times fast!

Okay, since this seems to be one of the top subjects discussed anywhere in the LOST-verse, I felt we should have a less than emotional debate.

THE RULES:

(These are of course open to suggestion and alteration).

1.) State your piece. Are you for Sawyer and Kate or Jack and Kate? Do you not have an opinion either way? Are you torn? (Believe it or not, we are out there). Should this be a long term pairing or a short term pairing?

2.) WHY. List well thought out pieces of evidence supporting your feelings. Ex: "they have great chemistry." "they compliment each other well". Although it is "allowed", please try to have something more than "they look good together".

Would they be better off with someone else on the island? If you feel like bringing this into it, again back it up with reasons.

3.) NO name calling, offensive posts. For ANY rhetort, dont make it personal. Counter various statements with your own reasoning.

4.) Character bashing- this is tricky. You can use character FLAWS that have been presented to us . EX: "Kate seems to manipulate people." But if nothing else, LOST has given us the knowledge that NO ONE is perfect, and everyone has baggage no matter how mundane. The same goes for any "JACK IS GAY!"- what are we, in 5th grade?

5.) NO use of any future events. This means spoilers, rumors, speculation. Only what the show has presented to us.

6.) Artwork and/or pictures supporting your opinion is allowed.

My main point for the rules is, you got have some kind of reasoning. If youre reasoning is ala-Locke- "it's destined to be"- thats fine. But why do you feel that way?

And as of right now, I stand with the belief that Kate has chosen neither. She has simply expressed that she has feelings for both of them.

Please vote in the poll first, so everyone knows where we stand. I think it would be fun to vote again after the debate.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! (MORTAL KOMBAT MUSIC COMES ON!)

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Jate. At first I thought I wanted Skate but then I learned more about all three characters and realized in my mind that Jack and Kate should be together. I believe that Sawyer and Kate will work more as a short fling but in the long run, Jack and Kate is the best choice.

Sawyer and Kate are so similar that I believe they won't be as compatible as Jack and Kate are. Jack is good for Kate because he can take care of her and be a good influential type for her. Sawyer is so much like her that they won't be good for each other.

Artwork:

Aren't they cute together?

Okay so that's what I think!

Warning: All comments made in this post are all the opinions of Liz and Liz only. She doesn't mean to insult anybody in anyway in her thoughts on Jate/Skate.

Banner: Shinythings
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAWYER/SHANNON.

SAWYER/SHANNON.

SAWYER/SHANNON.

Ah, frell, this isn't working, is it?

Sawyer/Sun? Sawyer/Libby? Er...Sawyer/Hurley? No, not that last one.

sig by niki blue
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many debates are we going to have on this subject? There are already two polls on the site
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I referred the other two here. I thought we could have some ground rules as well.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jate all the way.
We all knew that they'd end up together in the end.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Jate all the way.
We all knew that they'd end up together in the end.

I know they will end up together in the end, but I'm still looking forward to seeing Skate happen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess no one feels like debating anymore.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don';t care enough. It's fairly obvious that she's going to end up with Jack, for the sole purpose of them being the "heroes" of the story. But as far as chemistry goes, it really seems like Skate is the right one. Jack has shown near to NO interest in Kate so far. I doubt he even knew she liked him until she kissed him last episode. Maybe he'll realize something and start going after Kate in the furture or something (or admit he's secretly gay? ) but for now Skate's got something going.

Anyway, I'm confused... does this poll ask who it's EVENTUALLY going to be, or who it's going to be next epiusode, or what? Because it's both if you're just asking which is the "real" one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how you kiss Jack.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....Skate or Jate? I think neither. Both bad matches IMO. Kate needs a guy to boss around and neither Jack nor Sawyer is that guy.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she better not choose Locke, he doesn't like getting bossed around
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Oh my God, could you imagine that?

Like, I can just picture them bonding in the hatch, cutting up fruit together and stuff like Locke did for Henry...and then...

Kate: Locke, sweetheart, don't use that knife to slice up the fruit, you've used it to hunt boar and haven't washed it...
Locke: DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO! *throws pineapple at Kate*

Nope, I don't see it working out.

Err, on topic..

I'm on the fence with the JKS Love Triangle. I don't know who'll she end up with - for good. As Jack has said, I believe, "it's hard to tell with you [ Kate ] sometimes." I enjoy Skate in fandom AND on screen (because it's so fun and addicting), so I'm more of a Skater, I suppose. Jate is really interesting because they're so different and passionate, but it's hard for me to enjoy them in fandom. I like the occasional Jate music vid, but some of the Jaters creep me out, no offense. None of them here do ,but some are so persistent with the "JATE IS FATE!! DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE!" stuff that I can't even allow myself to participate in Jack/Kate discussion in fear of getting my head blown off.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

No way, he needs a quiet churchmouse who says 'yes dear' all the time. He's too strongwilled and Kate would just tick him off. Tho I do like that Locke temper!
Jack_Luvs_Kate_4eva
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Jate Reply with quote

I am a Jate fan! They are amazing togethe! Yer Kate is attracted to Sawyer, but she LOVES Jack, and i cant blame her! I think they make a beautiful couple! I vote Jate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: