Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Jack Othello" by Jemmz (Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: "Jack Othello" by Jemmz (Lost) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Jack Othello" 05-31-2011
The story of Shakespeares Othello with a Lost twist.
Fandom: Lost
Song: Duel (edited) by Harry Gregson-Williams
Vidder: Jemmz
Length: 4:43 (39.1 wmv)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOfckWOB8oI

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character List/Plot (spoilers)/Dialogue

Spoiler:

CHARACTER LIST:

Jack as Othello, the main character who marries the woman of his dreams and has his world destroyed by an unlikely foe.
Flocke/MiB as Iago, a twisted old man hell-bent on wreaking havoc and manipulating the people around him, especially Jack/Othello.
Kate as Desdemona, an innocent young woman who is cruelly caught in Flocke/Iago's lies.
Charlie as Roderigo, a sweet young man lovesick for Kate/Desdemona's affections.
Desmond as Cassio, Kate's close friend who Flocke/Iago accuses of having an affair.

PLOT (spoilers):

Jack and Kate get married on the island, much to Charlie's dismay, but Flocke comes up with a plan to help ease Charlie's pain. All he has to do is kill Desmond, and then he will make all his wildest dreams come true. Charlie confronts Desmond, preparing to kill him, but Desmond fights back and wounds him. Thinking he's killed Charlie, Desmond flees but Flocke saves him, tells him he's proud of his attempts, and then kills him himself . Meanwhile, Flocke has also been filling Jack's head with graphic images of Kate's cheating with her close friend Desmond, showing Jack the ring he gave to her, tossed carelessly in to the dirt. Furious, Jack overhears Desmond's guilt over killing Charlie and assumes he is guilty because of his affair with Kate. Fully intent on killing Desmond, Jack storms down to the hatch only to witness Desmond's suicide. Satisfied that he is dead, Jack goes to confront Kate whom he beats and kills.

After Kate's death, Jack realises he's been played and then confronts Flocke, killing him. Jack, wounded, limps off towards the Bamboo Forest to die.

DIALOGUE:

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."
---

Flocke: Charlie...I feel sorry for you...why do you care about her so much?
Charlie: I love her.

Jack: I love you, I always will.

Flocke: You can't stand the way she makes you feel because you had no chance.

Charlie: Help me.
Flocke: What if I told you that you can have anything you want...anything in the entire world?

---

Flocke: We got a serious problem...Desmond and Kate are close, they spend a lot of time with each other...
Jack: It's insane, it's impossible.
Flocke: I can prove it.

Flocke: I'm sorry Jack.

---

Flocke: Charlie, you're gonna kill Desmond. That's not gonna be a problem, is it Charlie? You do stil want what you asked me for, right?
Charlie: More than you know.
Flocke: Then go do what I said.

---

Charlie: Desmond.

---

Flocke: Charlie? Did you kill him?
Flocke: I'm proud of you, Charlie.

---

Desmond: I'm sorry...I made a huge mistake.

---

Flocke: I know what it's like to feel...betrayed....I know what it's like to lose someone you love.
Jack: I will NOT let him sleep with my wife!

---

Jack: Okay, I'm gonna fix this, we're going to back to the way things were. I'm gonna fix this, I'm gonna fix this.
Kate: Jack....
Jack: Shut up! I know!
Kate: What are you talking about?
Jack: I know who he is.
Kate: Do you really think I'm capable of that? Jack...oof! Stop!
Jack: Tell me!
Kate: What are you doing? Stop!
Jack: Stop lying to me, tell me the truth!
Kate: I'm not lying! I love you, I love you, I love you!

---

Flocke: Bad day?
Jack: Why did you do it? Why her?

---

Flocke echoes: What if I told you that you can have anything you want? Desmond and Kate are close. I know what it's like to lose someone you love. They spend a lot of time with each other. I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry.

Flocke: You tell 'em whatever you need to tell 'em to gain their trust...find out everything you can about them...and then kill 'em.

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Jack Othello by Jemmz Reply with quote

As an English major Lost fan, this seriously blew my mind-SO incredible! You told the story perfectly-it was so dramatic and intense and tragic and suspenseful.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Becca!! Glad you liked it and thought I told the story well! I studied the play in English Lit last year so I was excited to make a Lost vid out of it.

Also, some trivia - I chose Desmond to play Cassio partly because Henry Ian played Cassio in one of the theate productions of Othello! I turned the page over in my textbook and there was a photo of him, lol
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Jack Othello by Jemmz Reply with quote

Very cool & unique vid, Jemma!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Heather
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Jack Othello by Jemmz Reply with quote

ZOMG, Jemma!!! That was amazing! What a brilliant idea! Very well executed, too. Your manips were awesome and the story came through perfectly. Loved it!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Julia!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, this is BRILLIANT! I would've never thought you could possibly tell this story so clearly from the Lost footage but you did a fantastic job of it! I seriously started feeling upset at how real that manip looked of Jack beating up Kate at around the 3 minute mark (with her sobbing that she loved him ) and Flocke just looking on and smiling...

*applause* That was wonderfully done, SO dramatic, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! Great work, I loved it! ♥!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Ais! I'm glad you thought it was convincing!! I know the Jack/Kate scene is brutal :S But I'm glad you thought the manip looked real! Thanks again
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic storytelling, Jemma! So dark, evil and twisted!

I agree with Ais: The scene with Jack beating up and killing Kate was quite a shocker! Very disturbing and totally convincing!

Love the ending with Jack thinking of all the people that died due to Flocke's evil trick and than giving a last little crazy!smile before dying himself.

Great work!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karolina!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed this
Dojh167
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Jack Othello by Jemmz Reply with quote

Your audio editing is AMAZING. I can't listen to "You're going to kill Desmond" enough.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Jack Othello by Jemmz Reply with quote

I can't believe I hadn't seen this!!! This was amazing!!! The edits were beautiful; the audio was perfect. What an amazing vid here Jemma. The edit with Charlie/Desmond was so perfect.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thank you both so much!!!! So glad you liked this!! This one certainly was a challenge, lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: